Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Sladen's Saturday Signing!

The Sarah Jane Adventures Signing Event:
    Date: 27th October 2007
    Time: 2-4pm
    Venue: Borders, 203-207 Oxford Street, London W1
    Elisabeth Sladen star of The Sarah Jane Adventures series on BBC One will be signing copies of the new audio-exclusive titles The Glittering Storm and The Thirteenth Stone at Borders Oxford Street. The signing event will allow fans to get hold of the new Sarah Jane Adventures audio-exclusive titles on CD a full week before their national release on 5th November 2007.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

WhiteCrow Guest

Will you be going then?

Pip Madeley Guest

Shame they never do these things up North.

We're frantically re-arranging our schedules to go.

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Shame they never do these things up North.
    Liz Sladen has faced Sontarans, Daleks, Krillitane and the LOCH NESS MONSTER.

But she's probably afraid of being gunned down in Moss Side, the gun crime capital of the world if the Sun's to be believed.

Besides it's grim up North, you stick to your Last of the Summer Wine conventions.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Given that Sladen's a Scouser I hardly think that's the issue- more likely to be that most of these people are in London to begin with so it's cheaper to just pay for a taxi to pick them up and another one to send them home, rather than hotels and so on. Tom did quite an extensive tour for his autobiography ten years ago, though, and Lalla Ward tends to accompany Richard Dawkins on his lecture/signing tours, so some people do travel.

I'm tempted to go- I'll ask Steve when he returns from his Middle Eastern Safety Auditing.

Si xx

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I'm tempted to go- I'll ask Steve when he returns from his Middle Eastern Safety Auditing.

Si xx
    I got the feeling Steve didn't like Liz Sladen much, and would rather chew through his limb than listen to one of her adventures?

Even better, she's not signing "Bane" (so no need to cancel the order) but some lovely audio books of new "Sarah Jane Adventures". For (wait for it) £5.99p each! Woo! Cheapest signing ever!

We shall be there, stalking the old witch through Borders in our dungarees and berets.

Si.

Captain Tancredi Guest

It isn't. What more is there to say?

I got the feeling Steve didn't like Lis Sladen much, and would rather chew through his limb than listen to one of her adventures?
    It's all for effect!

Si xx

Will there be a special, one-off Camping It Up to commemorate the renaissance of Sarah Jane?

The question being genuinely asked in anguish in our house is "What are we going to wear?". We can't let the old bag upstage us.

Si.

Perhaps we should all turn up in Paradise of Death style multi-coloured jackets and berets at jaunty angles ala Dimensions in Time...

Si xx

WhiteCrow Guest

I have visions he'll return this weekend to say when they did the original work he forgot they drove on the other side of the road, and no-one bothered to correct him, hence the motorway has been designed and built the wrong way around.

Sladen's doing the Dimensions convention, which is oop north AND a weekend signing in Blackpool! That's all northern! She's getting around right now!

Pip Madeley Guest

I don't do conventions, and Blackpool is a bit of a trek... but when is it?

WhiteCrow Guest

I've been umming and ahing about this - but as I've just realised I'm in Liverpool that weekend I don't think I'll be making it.

I've been umming and ahing about this - but as I've just realised I'm in Liverpool that weekend I don't think I'll be making it.
    Isn't Sladen from Liverpool? Perhaps you could visit her birthplace as a mark of respect. It's the least you can do.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Are there enough famous Liverpudlian Who-names to recreate a Sergeant Pepper cover with them, I wonder? There's Tom, Liz, Paul McGann. Erm...

OK, the answer to the question is clearly, "No!"

Tom - Lennon, Liz - McCartney, McGann - Ringo. It all makes sense!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

WhiteCrow Guest

Didnt Hitler once live in Liverpool? The mystery deepens.

My wife is of course a Scouser and they're all a bit wierd. After an evenings love and romance, I'd drive her home and she'd point out all the street corners there'd been a gangland shooting. "As thats where the crimelord Ungi got shot"

Hitler?! Good grief.

Ay, ay, calm down, I've only invaded Poland our kid...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Are there enough famous Liverpudlian Who-names to recreate a Sergeant Pepper cover with them, I wonder? There's Tom, Liz, Paul McGann. Erm...
    John Scott Martin, Brian Hodgson, Maureen O'Brien... um, Ken Dodd.....?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowUK View Post
    Didnt Hitler once live in Liverpool? The mystery deepens.
    Funnily enough, I was watching a programme about Liverpool last night, and this was mentioned: his half-brother and his wife lived in Liverpool in the early 1900's, and in a book which she wrote just before the outbreak of the Second World War, Mrs. Hitler claimed that Adolf had stayed with them in 1911. However, historians have largely debunked this.

It's still a bizarre thought, though, that the Fuhrer may have once practiced his goose-step up and down the streets of Toxteth. That there was even a family in Liverpool called Hitler is strange enough!

What any of this has to do with Lis Sladen, I have no idea. Perhaps someone could ask her what she thinks!