Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Where did Sarah get her sonic screwdriver from!!?

Pip Madeley Guest

The Doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Where did Sarah get her sonic screwdriver from!!?
    Argos

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    Argos
    She wanted a Cyber voice-changer helmet, but they'd sold out.

@ Dave
    Last edited by Andrew Curnow; 27th Dec 2006 at 10:51 AM.

if there's nothing else on the telly that i want to watch I might watch it but I can't say I'm that bothered as from what I've read so far it seems a little childish for me..

SJS has raided my wardrobe!

Does the new series have any mention of past adverntures, and where does "K9 and company" fit in (if at all)?
    I have to admit the idea of a new series featuring SJS 25 years after the first pilot is...well, it's a bit unlikely isn't it? But here it is!
    I must admit, just when I think I'm king, I just begin!

WhiteCrow Guest

You know I'm looking forward to this. I was a bit dissappointed with Torchwood, and although I did get to like some episodes (I've still got a couple to catch up on), the problem was it's not something can or will watch with my son, which for me is part of the joy of Doctor Who these days. I'm hoping this will be.

I had a dream about this last night... I was watching it in the downstairs cellar type bar of a pub or something in York. Sarah was hardly in it and K9's one scene began with him under water under a bridge over a river (in York natuarally) and then his head comes out of the water and his eye stalk shoots up and attached itself to the bottom of the bridge so he can pull himself out...alas the eye stalk comes loose while he's half way up and then he crashes back into the water and blows up a little bit. "Not again" says SJ and then it ended with the implication that she was going to call Doctor Who to fix her dog.

True dream.

Sladen's face is too hairy!

That is my fool review.
    Last edited by Milky Tears; 2nd Jan 2007 at 1:42 AM. Reason: drunken typos

Is she the sister of Saladin?

Half an hour to go, folks!

Who needs Torchwood? That was astoundingly good We laughed, we cried. Hurrah.

I thought the child actors were pretty damn fine too, only Kelsey was a little weak from time to time. Also, the half hour format is going to work a lot better for the show, keeping the pacing up.

I'm hoping for lots more Mrs.Wormwood in the year to come! Samantha Bond was having the time of her life by the look of it.

And poor K-9. One day, the rights issues might be sorted and he can take his backside out of that black hole.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I really liked this a lot too, it seemed fast paced, a lot of fun, and the only dodgy side of it was, as Steve mentioned, Kelsey's acting sometimes, but hey, bar that, I liked it a lot.

I didn't realise the lack of K9 was a rights issue. Tis a shame, as I'd love to have seen more of him.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

This Times Article Explains it.

Disney is the majority shareholder in Jetix, which hopes to distribute K9 Adventures through mobile phones as well as its UK television channel. The series may also be sold to terrestrial commercial broadcasters.

Contractual obligations mean that the Doctor is unable to join K9 on his space mission — Doctor Who is owned by BBC Worldwide — but K9 Adventures is the property of Bob Baker, whose writing credits include the Oscar-winning Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit and Paul Tams, a veteran Doctor Who designer.
    So they're up against Disney, basically. There's a fight that no-one would win!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

We really enjoyed it. Really well made and well acted for a kids show. Some people liked the guy playing the Dad and him from Footballer's Wives playing Davey.

The sonic lip-stick is gloriously silly and we loved all the blasts from the past in her attic room. Did Sarah take some snaps during the Sontaran Experiment then? Not keen on Mr Smith alas and I hope Bob Baker and Dave Martin feel very bad for depriving us of more K9.

How did Sarah get so rich?

Do you think she cleans the house herself?

Roll on the series...

Captain Tancredi Guest

Good clean fun, I think- roughly 50% Tomorrow People, 25% 'The Long Game' and 25% the Futurama episode where they discover the secret of Slurm...

Pip Madeley Guest

I didn't watch it, I will do sometime in the week.

My dad did though, and he spotted a photo of the Brigadier in the background.

This is a man who doesn't like Doctor Who.

I liked sarah's collection of hats on the end of her bannister and I thought Samantha Bond was brilliant. She was so much fun to watch. I can't believe they have gived Sarah a son. I hope my nephew liked the name

Poor K9, stuck in a black hole.

This was perfectly pitched and fun from beginning to end. Great stuff, and Doctor Who's best spin-off so far. Who'd have thought it, 25 years on, Sarah Jane's spin off is a success.

There wasn't enough jogging in the title sequence though.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

The kids were annoying but SJ was great! I love the fact she lives in an attic with Nicholas Courtney publicity photos and a young boy in a sheet. You just want to be her!

Si.

Dave Lewis Guest

I liked it a lot - there was something good about it that I couldn't quite explain, a warm kind of feeling that's a bit like feeling young. I loved it when Sarah said that she'd never quite grown up, never sorted it all out like she thought people did when they became adults. Great stuff, and brilliantly written. I suspect this was Gareth Roberts' contribution, whereas Gary Russell merely offered the bits cribbed from School Reunion and Kelsey's dreadful Vicky Pollard-isms.

A good story, and in the Krynoi.. sorry, the Bane, a well-realised and actually quite scary beastie! The story wasn't exactly original, but neither was it crap, and it had a beginning, a middle, and an end, just like stories should.

The only things I didn't like were the continuity bits, which I always think I'm going to like but almost inevitably end up hating because they're always unneccessary - with one exception. I'm not a K9 fan, I think he's almost entirely crap, but I knew we'd have to see a bit of him, just to explain why he wasn't there (if you see what I mean - and it was a rubbish explanation, too, all that black hole b*****ks - more Russell writing). So that was okay, but the pic of the Brigadier, that K9 And Company promo shot, and - worst of all - "Harry... Alastair..."... totally pointless!

Still, it was a good start, and Lis Sladen was brilliant. It certainly p***ed all over The Runaway Ego.

Wasn't that just wonderful?

The Bane looked a little Cthulhuesque to me. Kelsey was a little too chavvy, hopefully that will tone down if she's a regular character but generally, very nicely done.

I thoyght the Bane looked a little like the Nestene from the second cover of Terror of the Autons... without the scales or the massive claw. Oh you know what I mean!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Surely it was a Nestene!

Si.

We all liked it - one line made us all laugh out loud (although I can't remember which one) and the rest was all jolly fun. I didn't really understand what K9 was up to in Sarah's safe (is somebody building a black hole on her doorstep...) but it's always nice to see the little fella. And her car is rather smart. And by this time next year we'll all be excited about the sonic lipstick toys we got for Christmas! Hurrah for Sarah!

wasn't really in the right sort of mood for it today and only saw the last half hour I'm certainly not a fan of films/programms being based around a gang of kid investigators. But I have to say I pretty much enjoyed it at was reasonably good fun but I certainly wont be watching any of the series as it's not really my cup of tea..