Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Good work Pip!! I've just this minute downloaded the whole lot, so will be keen to get home and have a good listen this evening. And a Merry Christmas to you all at home!

What a great site! Can't wait to see what everyone makes of this Christmas extravaganza!

Nice poem too Pip!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I'm just transferring it to my Pocket PC as we speak! I'm hoping to have a sneaky listen at work.

Halfway through ep 1. I liked the appearance of a certain someone early on
    Its great so far and I'm not even cringing as much at my own performance. Some of trhe music sounds suspiciously Star Warsy though.

Yes the music is very filmic for this one! The first half of Episode 1 is a bit fun really, with the plot proper sort of coming in half-way through.

Si.

Some of trhe music sounds suspiciously Star Warsy though.
    There's a good reason for that...

Si xx

Ah I see! Thought as much.

Yes, that's because it sounds similar to something that may have been in a certain film with a certain score by a certain composer. A free pint at the next meet to the first person to correctly identify where all the music is from and PM me with the answers!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Jody is brilliant. She's sort of seductive in a slightly sarcastic way.

Jody's wonderful performance reflects her surprise and delight at being included in this Christmas Doctor Who audio adventure.

Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I'm quite pleased with my 'dream flashback' sequence in this episode. I thought that worked quite well!

Sorry, I shouldn't really be heaping praise upon my own work should I!

Si.

I've listened to the trailer & it was very good...so good I'm just going to embark on the first episode & not save it for later.

I've not really started listening to it yet but I just had to post this.
    I don't know who is responsible for it but who ever did it they deserve an award.

What am I on about? The theme tune of course! It's brilliant!

Excellent! There's not really another word for it. I'm actually quite anxious for episode 2. I want to hear it now!

Hurrah! Cheers Tim!

Si.

I've just heard the finished episode one having heard odd snatches over the past few weeks. It's got very much of a comic strip feel to it which suits the festive season very well and it's good to hear some new voices (like Mrs Monk) and everyone else apart from the regulars sound like different people thanks to accents and effects an' t'ing.

Nice music too especially the Spice Girls and Whigfield instrumentals.

Spot them if you can folks.

I agree with Tim about the opening theme - where did you get that arrangement from, it's lovely!

What a hugely entertaining episode, and so confidently put together. Slipping in a bit of Tom, the 'can't see the join' sound-editing with "wake up Nick", the sheer absurdity of a story featuring Father Christmas... All done with such style and, and well style!

I really enjoyed listening to it, and could really 'picture' the whole thing. I'd somehow forgotten about the return of Vera, so that came as a bit of a surprise, and I was especially impressed by Si's screaming into the end titles - is than an homage to the glorious Mel?

I must single out Dave's gloriously-booming Father Christmas, as he really was excellent. From being the genial, all-giving character at the start, to the slightly more human figure later on ("I found them ruddy sinister" or whatever it is he says about the gnomes) he made FC somehow a 'real' person. And somehow I love the way he says "Doctor Who" when addressing the Doc!

What else? Loved the use of the knock-knock gag; laughed at "except when we get fed up, and have a curry instead".

Really excellent first episode - big claps to Steve for scripting & directing, Si for putting it altogether with his usual professional style, and to the whole cast for pulling out all the stops. Can't wait for part 2!!

Pip Madeley Guest

Si and Steve both did a marvellous job - as per usual!

I really enjoyed listening to it, and could really 'picture' the whole thing. I'd somehow forgotten about the return of Vera, so that came as a bit of a surprise, and I was especially impressed by Si's screaming into the end titles - is than an homage to the glorious Mel?
    It was more a homage to the end of episode 2 of Protii, where I did much the same thing really! That was a homage to Jane Hampden's cliffhanger scream of "Doctorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!" at the end of pt 1 of The Awakening, so I guess there's my inspriration if you like. Glad Vera's return was a surprise for you Andrew. She's just great to play- I can go as OTT as I like and it still gets a laugh!

I agree that Dave was fab as Father Christmas. He sounds so jolly!

Si xx

Thanks for your kind thoughts Andrew! We listened to it last night as well (so Simon could hear it) and I did think it went very quickly, which has got to be a good sign! I'm really glad the 'Christmassy' opening theme has gone down well, it's slightly longer than usual (sort of 50 seconds rather than 30) but it became clear that an edit wasn't going to work so I risked including it as it was. I'm glad it's been a hit!

My one over-riding thought after hearing the story is how fun Vera is and how great it would be to learn more about her and her various family members. I would love to write a story just for her one day, as so far she's been more of a celebrity guest, popping up in the Doctors adventures to wreak havoc. It would be nice if one day HE had to go to HER and learnt a bit more about her world...

Si.

I've really enjoyed it so far!

It's nice to discover how the story actually progresses towards the bits which we take part in, as at the time of recording it can be a bit confusing!

Is it mean of me to say that I didn't find the opening theme that Christmassy?

All-in-all, I think it's great and I'm really looking forward to Part the Second!

Is it mean of me to say that I didn't find the opening theme that Christmassy?
    All I can say is, I did my best! It's a lot harder than it sounds to find a Christmassy version of the Who theme. I trawled the internet and found a shortlist of apparently 'festive themed' versions and picked the one I used from the shortlist. It's not exactly what I was looking for (that would have been the traditional theme, but with added bells) but I think the middle-eight has a certain added campness and crispness that makes it feel Christmas-flavoured!

Si.

I certainly agree about the campness!

I've just played episode 1 to Angela & she said that it was very good & thought the editing was very professional.

Her reaction to Rudolph was...