Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Doctor Who and the Christmas Gnomes!

The next Planet Skaro audio adventure will be called "Doctor Who and the Christmas Gnomes" and will be written by Steve Alexander! After recent more serious Earth bound adventures, the TARDIS will be landing the Doctor, Nick and Rob on the sparkly planet of Tinsel, in the constellation Sparkle, where something is seriously amiss in Father Christmas' grotto...

This festive three-parter will be unveiled on-line from Wednesday December 5th. Full cast details and cover coming soon!

In the meantime, please enjoy these official photos from the recording sessions for "Doctor Who and the Christmas Gnomes".

Trecherous companion? Dave Tudor (Nick) shares a joke with Jonno Simmons (playing the evil Kestero)

Director Steve Alexander studies the recording schedule!

An unlikely married couple? But Vera Jundrey is back - and she's shacked up with Santa!

Si's face does unusual things when he's doing his one-man drag act.

"Gnomes" assembled perhaps the biggest cast for a main recording session. Here, Ant Williams takes the mike before his many co-stars

This scene features some of the sluttiest dialogue ever committed to a PS audio! But you'll have to wait 'til December to hear it!

If you fancy having a stab at playing a part in a future PS audio, please post here and we'll be in touch!

Si.

WhiteCrow Guest

You know I have a few acting credentials to my name!

My Herod met with rave reviews at the Methodist nativity, the like of which hadn't been seen since the Vicar played Barabbas in the Good Friday Story.
    Last edited by WhiteCrow; 18th Oct 2007 at 1:59 PM.

Tinsel is in the constellation Bauble, not Sparkle.

Great pictures!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I never was good with festive interplanetary geometry...

Si.

We should put up the few photos we have from the recording too.

Anyone else up for having a go at being in a forthcoming play?

On another note, I could do with some interview material from Paul and Ant W if possible, as I missed them both at the time. Any chance guys?

Si xx

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Si xx
    Yeah, I'd be up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post

Si xx
    Cout me in!

We can always rely on you guys! Our Spring Season cast takes shape already!

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

I can't commit to anything, but I plan to play one of the roles in my story.

Wayne Guest

I'm always game for doing my usual thespian bit.

Pervert!

Wayne Guest

Petit Moi?

Doctor Who and the Christmas Gnomes will launch next week!

As December looms, the time is almost here! Planet Skaro's fifth official audio adventure Doctor Who and the Christmas Gnomes is ready to be unveiled! After their adventures in the 1960's and battling pirates in the eighteenth century, the Doctor, Rob and Nick arrive on the glittery world of Tinsel, where it's always Christmas! But new friends and old aquaintances await... not to mention presents, figgy pudding and adventure!

Doctor Who the the Christmas Gnomes is a three part festive audio extravaganza, to go on-line from next Wednesday 5th December and every mid-week thereafter in the run-up to Christmas. It stars a host of the PS posters and performers who have contributed to this years adventures, not to mention a few newcomers who we've persauded to make their debuts. The story is written by Steve Alexander, penning his first audio adventure!

The story will be unleashed on CD for Christmas, with copies being dispatched to all who took part and everything available to download and make-up for everyone else. For the first time, production has been split, with Si Hunt, Steve Alexander and Pip Madeley handling an episode each. In another first, this release will boast two covers, one each designed by Si Hunt and Pip, enabling you to choose which one you want facing out!

The double CD set will be packed with festive extras, including a 40 minute documentary by Si Hart charting the making of the story and including out-takes, deleted scenes and in-depth interviews with all concerned.

And, in yet another first, it will also feature Consequences written by Simon Hart, a brand new mini-adventure set immediately after Magical History Tour and giving us a glimpse behind the closed doors of the TARDIS following that adventure. Consequences was written for the Planet Skaro Brief Encounters season of short stories, but as soon as we read it we knew we had to adapt it for audio!

All this and more will be jammed onto the CD, available for Christmas. In the meantime, this weekend a brand new trailer will be released for Doctor Who and the Christmas Gnomes, and the two new covers will be available for download. Be sure to return here on Saturday to check them out!

Si.

Thats the best signiture banner ever!

Mention ye not the festive PS audio adventure!

Looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks of this... I know how Simon Rayner feels after becoming a production widow for a few weeks recently!
    Oh and I'm hoping you'll enjoy Consequences too...

Si xx

Pip Madeley Guest

It's going to be a classic adventure for the Doctor, Nick and Rob!

It's just like the old days, episode three is still in production as episode one is about to debut...

As for the documentary... don't even ask!

Hope you're all looking forward to it!

Si xx

Why do I get the impression I'm going to be burning CD's three days before Christmas?

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Put on 'Jingle Bell Rock' as you do it

Pip's clearly after Dudley Simpson's "On one occasion I composed the music on the Friday for the episode airing on the Saturday" record.

Pip Madeley Guest

@ Andrew

For heaven's sake, don't encourage him Andrew!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip Madeley Guest

We're only days away from the fantastic first episode of the brand new Doctor Who audio adventure 'Doctor Who And The Christmas Gnomes', written by, produced by, starring and all made for the members of Planet Skaro! And it is fantastic, that's why it's the first audio to boast not only one fab cover, but TWO!

CLICK HERE

We've given you the best of both worlds - a lovely hand-made Christmassy scene featuring the TARDIS from Si Hunt, and a lovely starry Photoshopped scene featuring the TARDIS from Pip! Both will be available to download and print on the 5th!

And if they're not exciting enough, here's something that's exciting with knobs on...

THE CHRISTMAS GNOMES TRAILER!

Click right here to download it!

Please let you know what you think, we love your comments!

Excellent trailer!

The music is fantastic - it gives it the feel of a Hollywood Blockbuster!

What a lovely, Christmassy redesign for PS, hurrah. And those covers are marvellous. I especially like the little details in Si's one, with the handbag by the door, and the wreath on the door.

I'm really looking forward to this, I think it's going to be great. Assuming Pip finishes his episode on time...

(Only kidding Pip!)