Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

Default Today I Bruce Purchased...

The new 'Today I Bought' thread!

I've had to buy a new pair of earphones for my mobile phone because the sound dropped out of the right ear, which is extremely annoying. Anyway I've not done too badly, they were £1.16 at Amazon Marketplace, add shipping at it comes to £5.56. Which is great, seeing as Play.com want £22.99 for them.

WhiteCrow Guest

I purchased a chicken tandori baguette - I'd show you but I've already eaten it ...

Lunch for £5.30p, and two tickets to see Sugababes in March.

Si.

started my christmas shopping today and bought my nephew a couple of sets of Knight action figures...

Pip Madeley Guest

Did a little spending today - bought my train tickets for the weekend of the big meet next month, pretty good value, £7.90 there (standard), £19.50 back (1st class). I always need First Class on the way back from somewhere cause I'm usually knackered and need a quiet, relaxing journey home, rather than being stuck in a packed carriage with families.

Also went into the newly done-up Sainsburys across the road, they started work weeks ago but had to close for a week to finish. On one hand it's well annoying because I knew where everything was and now I have to relearn the store layout. On the other hand, it's a bigger and better store, with a new entertainment section, DVDs, CDs, games, toys etc. So I had a look in the toys section and discovered it was 25% off, so I came out with this beauty:

Doctor Who - 5" Flight Control TARDIS (£11.24 inc 25% discount)

I'd been denying myself for a while, I mean, as if I need another TARDIS in the house (the total now stands at seven), but it's just so bloody fantastic that I couldn't say no. They've improved on the money box TARDIS and checked all my wants - the lamp flashes, the Police Box sign/windows are lit up, there's a little dimple on the base for you to place your finger in so you can spin it round, the full TARDIS sounds are there, and FINALLY, the doors open inwards! I nearly had a fan orgasm when I discovered that. If you haven't got one, get one, cause it's AWESOME. This is the toy I wanted when I was 11. The only thing that could be better is that if it were full size. Well worth the price. Still not bought the playset though, perhaps when I have the space.

I'd like one of those!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

When you shake it, it makes a "turbulent flight" noise, TARDIS engines grinding... and when you spin it round, it constantly vworps... I want to marry it.

I'm going to Sainsburys on the way home!

Si xx

Pip Madeley Guest

Hehe! Hope you get one! You'll need 3 x AAA batteries.

The Playstation 2 Thunderbirds game. Yes, get me. It looks like a load of kiddy crap, and probably is, but the description on the back of the box lured me in - "Over 50 fun-filled missions!" Great! Huzzah!

The game booklet amends that slightly, to just eight missions. Bugger.

Pip Madeley Guest

This kid reviews the TARDIS:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Hp4ES6hUQ

Such a cool kid.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Today being payday, it went something like this:

Pret a Manger for a brie, tomato and basil baguette (just how do Pret get basil to taste twice as nice as anywhere else?)
    Virgin for 'Planet of Evil' and 'Life on Earth' for £15 each
    WH Smith for my 2008 diary, ink cartridges and a sympathy card for Ken's widow Mary
    Borders for 'The God Delusion' by Richard Dawkins and 'The Damned United' by David Peace
    The Chinese takeaway for a slightly underdone mixed vegetable foo yung

A Matchbox 20 album and a Just Jack one for my Sister's birthday, and a poor chinese last night from my local takeaway which is normally lovely but was a real disappointment yesterday. I have the urge to buy myself a present after a stressful week trying not to swear at Virgin Media (I've succeeded so far, but I fear it's only a matter of time...), but the things I want all cost too much. Bah...
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Captain Tancredi Guest

Were all the Chinese takeaways having an off day yesterday?

Today I splashed out on three packs of Doctor Who Christmas cards.

And one night's accommodation in a central London hotel for 17th November.
    Last edited by Captain Tancredi; 20th Oct 2007 at 5:23 PM.

The Thunderbirds game was marginally better than I expected, because there's a gripping level involving a terrorist plot to blow up a farm where Thunderbird 2 has to be called in to airlift a herd of cows to safety one by one.

The cows will explode instantly if they collide with a tall building.

Wayne Guest

Another little affiliated Amazon splurge.

Nice book for £11.49. (which saw for £15.99 in town today)

Plus a dvd called 'Godsend' for £3.97 to get it over the £15 free postage mark.

Also, another Caiman USA bargain: 'The Beast in the Cellar', for a total of £3.07.

I bought some dull bed sheets from Woolies, DWM from Smiths, a red skinny tie from Topman and black jeans and necklacey things from Burtons.

WhiteCrow Guest

Yesterday I saw a Transformers Millenium Falcon for £10.

You get a Chewie and Han Solo, and they kind of form together in some forgotten postiong from the Karma Sutra into the Falcon.

I found this aspect kind of unsettling - the fury nature, or even the underlying slash fiction of it all. Hence I couldnt bring myself to buy it.

I have just booked the first of our potentially many hotel rooms for our New Zelands trip... the Quest on Cintra Lane in Auckland.

Si xx

Good gracious! When are you off to New Zealand, Si? (One of my workmates is there at the moment, coincidentally, visiting his son & family.)

We fly out on Feb 10th next year and come back in early March. It's all very exciting!

Si xx

I bet it is, that'll certainly be something to look forward to in the New Year.

Lost season 3
    Smallville season 6

Lost season 3
    Smallville season 6
    Battlestar Galactica and CSI:Miami was a no-score draw.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

H&M, home to Miss Minogue and Mrs Ritchie, have a clearance sale on. So I bought two suits for a fiver each (down from £130) and a few other bits and bobs.

Egg nogg.