Default Outpost Gallifrey Has Now Closed.

As of this evening, Out Post Gallifrey, as we know it has closed, although the site will continue in some form and the forums will now continue at doctorwhoforum.com.

What ever your feelings about O.G, and yes it dose have it;'s faults you have to admitt that Shaun Lyon, has done a first class job in all the work he has put in and keeping the sight going for the last 10 years.

Absolutely. Had it not been for PG I wouldn't have met any of you, you know. I had some great times on the forum there back in 2001- 2003 and I'll always remember it fondly.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

I'm pretty indifferent to be honest. The only bits I looked at (the news page and forum) will continue...

Outpost Galifrey was a much better title than the pathetic 'Doctor Who Forum'. It's strange that no-one has stepped in to take over the sides of the site that are closing down. They could have been popular if they'd been done with a bit of wit and shine. As it was, they were all... yes well you know.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Outpost Galifrey was a much better title than the pathetic 'Doctor Who Forum'.
    Well in mainstream Doctor Who, Gallifrey is just dust, and now so is the forum.

A bit sad to see it go, I've been banned from there twice, so I now lose my "bad boy" status. Being the banned member of a site no longer existing isnt so fun.

There were some good guys over there, but a heck of a lot of very argumentative and obsessive members I hope never to share a forum with again.

I've not been there for some time & won't miss it. I'll miss some of the quotes that end up over here though.

I don't get what's closed. The site seems to have been updated today with some news.

Si.

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I don't get what's closed. The site seems to have been updated today with some news.
    Yay - that means I'm still the evil bad boy of Doctor Who fandom!

See the beard - that means I'm EVIL!!!

I think people are confused as to what's closing

The forums at OG are still running strong - it's just the Outpost Gallifrey site (housing the review, episode guide, release guide and whatnot) which has been closed...

Thankfully the main gallifreyone site still has a link to the forum, and is showing the news updates (presumably via some news feed) so it means I can still go there as usual
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

I would not be here if its weren't for OG. I met loads of people here via OG and the Tavern meets. They were good times.

*removes rose tinted glasses*

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    I would not be here if its weren't for OG. I*

same for me it's through O.G that I stumbled upon a posting in the fan club forums from the Bracknell bous and I got in touch with them.

WhiteCrow Guest

Ironically whilst it's true I wouldn't be here for OG, it's also true I wouldn't be here if not for OG banning me.

That I guess is Serendipity.

I think you'll find it's synchronicity, Mike!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

WhiteCrow Guest

Serendipity is the effect by which one accidentally discovers something fortunate, especially while looking for something else entirely
    I have built a whole career on serendipity. Working in software, I'm the guy who goes "is it supposed to blue screen like that"?

I'm a modern day Flemming, forgetting to put the cheese in the fridge and discovering penicillin on the way. It's not because I'm a scientific genius, just a bit of a slob.