Default Michael Jackson: What Really Happened!

Like a car crash, we couldn't resist watching this cheap old documentary on C4 last night, but what an utter load of misinformed tosh it was even surprised us! Hilarious highlights included:

- a bizarre raking over the whole Jordi Chandler affair of '93, then glossing over the second trial (you know, that one where he proved his innocence) in about 20 seconds

- A big ex-manager 'not commenting' on events in Jackson's locked bedroom he wasn't witness to. The camera lingered, in silence, for a full 30 seconds as he stared at it. "I wasn't there." he said, finally. The camera lingered some more. Silence. AND SOMEHOW THAT SAYS IT ALL! Except, of course, that it doesn't. (said manager of course turning out to be a fired ex-employee!)

- The description of Jackson's semen as "duck butter". It's a new phrase!

- The bit where the (very amateur) presenter mentioned "This film I uncovered", as if to unearth some hidden, private bit of footage. It was "Ghosts", which Jackson released worldwide with an album in 1997.

- "And he walked in on Jackson and his son, laying on the rug together". Call the Church Elders!

- Best of all, the description of his performance with the Jackson 5 a few years ago: "And there he was, doing something that he swore he'd never do, reunited with his brothers and singing for pennies". SINGING FOR PENNIES! How hilarious! It was, of course, a CHARITY concert to celebrate his 30 years in showbiz! And he reunited with the Jackson Five in the eighties. Remember "Destiny"? Or "Triumph"?

- The end, where the narrator "tracked down" Jackson to Vegas ("The place where stars go to die"! Tell that to Celine or Cher!) to find the "hovel" he'd reduced himself to. He eventually reached it - what looked like a massive villa - and lamented the sheer poverty the star had been reduced to.

An utter joke! We didn't know whether to be appalled or find it the most amusing thing we'd seen all week!

Anyone else see it?

Si.

WhiteCrow Guest

Sounds like it should have been on channel 5.

What was more odd was that the Radio Times said it was good. Standards are dropping like a Whore's drawers at that magazine.

Pip Madeley Guest

This review from the web sums it up:

The programme was poorly researched... shockingly so.

It stated numerous slanderous rumours as facts, many of which were disproven over a decade ago, and the narrator's commentary was enthused with his own blinkered opinions.

Footage and testimony were manipulated.

Four of the five contributors to the show are proven liars...

Bob Jones admitted under oath that the majority of his book on Jackson was largely concocted to create interest.

Taraborelli calls himself Jackson's friend but in fact has only met him twice, over twenty five years ago.

Diane Dimond's reporting has been proven incorrect and heavily biased on several occasions.

Guttierez once claimed he had a tape of Jackson molesting a child. When he failed to produce it in court he was found guilty of defamation and ordered to pay massive compensation to Jackson. He fled the country and still owes Jackson millions of dollars.

The panel of 'experts' was nothing more than a procession of slighted and obsessive leeches who have carved careers out of bashing Michael Jackson.

The one contributor with any credibility was Thomas Mesereau and he was given less than two minute airtime, whilst Guttierez, a felon with a grudge, was held up as some sort of authority on Jackson's life, despite having never met the man.

Peretti, Dimond and Guttierez spent the hour making ludicrous and baseless allegations against Jackson, never offering any corroborative proof.

This documentary was one of the worst pieces of journalism I've ever had the misfortune to see.
    My dad taped it for my sister to watch, but said he just deleted it off the drive afterwards cause it was so awful.

It really was awful. The "presenter" or whatever you want to call him was apparantly a life long fan yet had never heard of "Ghosts" or the 30th Anniversary Concert from 2001.

The worst thing though was the presenter's voice. ThE wAY He spOKE. It KEpt GOing Up And DOwN in THis REally aNnoying WAy.

It was evil because it's sole aim seemed to bring down Jackson - which is even more sinister when you consider the maker started the documentary claiming to be a fan. If he was, I don't think he'd have made this programme.

It annoyed me that he frequently referred to Jackson as "penniless". Which is as baseless as it is absurd. I mean... he's clearly not, or he wouldn't be able to afford Nanny's, assistants, all his big houses and years worth of studio time in which to while away his time without releasing anything.

Si.

Well Jackson being innocent isn't a good story is it?

Wayne Guest

They should just leave him alone now. Let him have a quiet life.