Default The Confessions Tour Live in London

Well, C4 snuck that past us. Fortunately I caught some of it. And I piss on those fools in Cardiff who *****ed about the lack of old material! There was plenty of it, including a rather superb update of 'Erotica'.

Now, when is this gonna be on DVD?
    I am out there... somewhere.

Apparently it's out on DVD in a couple of weeks, though anyone who held out for the promised release of the "Reinvention" tour will be sceptical. I'm told it's happening though.

We watched it and enjoyed it, having been at the show earlier this year (not the same one that was televised though). There was one ugly cut, but apart from that it didn't seem too butchered and at least they showed the controversial bits on the cross.

Si.

I doubt it will surface in a few weeks. Her last tour/docu only came out when she went on tour this time, clearly to cross promote. Still, you never know. Play.com doesn't have it listed.

This has just been posted on the news page of Madonna's official fan club...

ICON members are the first to see the cover of the Confessions Tour DVD! And we are happy to announce that the wait is almost over! The DVD will be released on January 22, 2007 internationally, January 23, 2007 in the US. Keep checking the ICON site for more exclusive news about the Confessions DVD!

The cover is pretty vile and oddly shaped, presumably they'll be a DVD case and a CD case if it's anything like "I'm Going To Tell You A Secret".

Not long to wait anyway. There's rumours of an 8 track CD coming with it too and the concert will be uncut, with the 5 tracks chopped from the TV broadcast all present and correct.

Superb. I'll be waiting. Then, bar Ciao Italia and the Like a Virgin Tour, I have them all. W00t.

But have you got the Blonde Ambition bootleg?

Si.

Nope. Seen it, though. But if it's not official, then not gonna have it. Don't like copies, and don't like bootlegs.

I'm very tempted to get a bootleg of Reinvention in the absence of an official release. Mrs R mentioned in Attitude last year that plans were afoot for a boxed set with "Blond Ambition" in it but we won't hold our breaths. I've got a very good unofficial copy anyway, it's DVD rip of the official laser disc that came out in the 90s and is as good as a proper release, sleeve and all. Mrs R also said that Reinvention would come out after a certain time after the release of "I'm Going To Tell..." but no one knows how much time has to pass for that to happen or if she meant the DVD or TV screenings.

Well, it's now out on DVD and CD. Only listened to the CD so far, but it's bloody brilliant. So so disco! Interesting to see the track listing for the full length DVD - that's nine old tracks I count. Nine more than people seemed to think she sang when she was here in Cardiff! God knows, what they were bitching about.

We're watching the DVD tommorrow night. The bonus footage is short but sweet with lots of rehearsal footage of a make-up less Madge doing her thing. The CD is nice to have but the tracklisting is a bit odd as it includes the "Live to Tell" ("Confessions") intro but not the actual song and I can't imagine anyone wanting to listen to the intro that often. I wish "La Isla" was on the CD too but I'm sure I can download it somewhere anyway.

The lack of old songs is a common argument with casual fans who probably own "The Immaculate Collection" and nothing else. People said the same about the "Drowned World Tour". It's always funny to spot the casuals at concerts. During the "Reinvention" tour many people looked non-plussed when she did "Hanky Panky" and Kylie's "Impossible Princess" tracks on her "Showgirl Homecoming" led many to assume they were new songs. Even "Giving You Up" seemed to puzzle people on the original tour and that was in the charts at the time!

I still haven't seen it. Will get around to it, eventually. Been too busy transcribing the biggest interview Pantechnicon has done yet... Takes ages! And still got over an hour's worth of material to type up...
    Last edited by Andy Frankham; 4th Feb 2007 at 12:08 AM.

Pip Madeley Guest

If you like.

We watched the DVD last night. Excellent stuff. It's very hard to sit still while watching it and not get up and shake your booty. I suspect a few of the vocals have been tinkered with but thankfully not all and it's a relief to get all the songs that cut from the TV screening. Her thank you speech is sweet and she seems to be having a good time throughout the show which is nice.

Shame we never get better extras though...why can't they use the videos that are seen on the back screens?

Telll me about it. Since the Drowned World Tour she's had some amazing videos on the back screens in her concerts... Like the Anime montage used with that trance remix of 'What It Feels Like'... ****ing love that!