Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Paul's Author's Notes are interesting - he seems to think the same as Rob about the creature, in hindsight. But I was also surprised to learn that he found the seventh Doctor hard to write for, as I feel he's captured McCoy's Doctor very well indeed, both in dialogue and in 'physicality'. I certainly enjoyed reading it, and the twist was a clever one, which I didn't guess at until the Doctor's description of the machine.

I really liked it, Paul - I thought you got the 7th Doctor just right , especially his exasperation of his plan being interfered with, and wanting to avoid all the senitmental stuff - good job it wasn't 8 or 9 or there'd have been blubbing going on

The monster I thought did its job well as being an obvious physical threat - I didn't find it a weak point particularly, though I did have a Krilitane in my head when I was reading it, so maybe that didn't help.
    Bazinga !

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Masters View Post
    ...good job it wasn't 8 or 9 or there'd have been blubbing going on
    I'm sure you mean 9th or 10th...or are you an anti-McGann fan?

I've recently read Si & Paul's shorts...as it were. Si's is very funny & obviously fits the characters (seeing as he is co-creator) perfectly. I could hear it in my head as a new play. A good story & good fun, well done chap.

Paul's story does fit the 7th Doctor well, it sounds like the sort of thing that he would get in to & how he would deal with it. Well done Paul, well written.