WhiteCrow Guest

Default The last time TV scared you ...

I thought I'd start a thread on the last time you were scared by something you saw on the TV.

This is inspired by my wife, who since watching a TV program on spontaneous human combustion has admitted she's now terrified to fart in her bed now ...

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowUK View Post
    ...she's now terrified to fart in her bed now ...
    I know I shouldn't but...

At least you get the benefit from this fear.

Pip Madeley Guest

Some bits of Resident Evils 1 & 2 made me turn away the other day, gory bits.

Tell your wife it's not a good idea to hold it in, otherwise it'll build up and up and up until she really will blow up.

I don't think anything more needs to be said.

Edit: Oh, sorry, I thought the thread was about being scarred by tv, not scared by it.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Pip Madeley Guest

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QKSb-B2aiJA

This scared me. It also made me piss myself.

Tony announcing his New Year resolution to go to War on 2 January 2003

I actually get, perhaps not scared, but 'spooked' pretty easily, and if we ever watch anything a bit psychological/serial-killeresque then I always feel the need to check that the windows are shut and the door's locked afterwards (not to mention feeling uncomfortable about going up the dark hallway).

POST CONTAINS SPOILERS (IF SOMEHOW YOU'VE SPENT YOUR WHOLE LIFE AVOIDING THE SOLUTION TO MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS)

However, in terms of actually being scared, really s-c-a-r-e-d, I think the last time was one Christmas in either the late 70s, or more likely the very early 80s, when they showed "Murder on the Orient Express". We all watched it (Mum, Dad, Gran, Grandpa, bruv & me) and I suspect that I was allowed to stay up and watch it only because bruv was going to and I probably moaned and moaned about wanting to watch it too. But I still remember being absolutely rigid with fright during the flashback scene where the whole cast comes in one by one and stabs the victim. I seem to recall my Grandpa saying something like "Ah look, it's only a bit of wood" to make the point that it was all pretence, but it was probably too little, too late by then - certainly I know I had the bedroom light on when I went to bed that night!!!

Let the cries of "Wuss!" begin now.