Default Armstong & Miller (BBC1)

Anybody else been watching this? We caught the tail-end of the first show last week, and watched the whole thing last night, and found it very funny. As I mentioned on the 'Worshipping...' thread, there's still part of me that's shocked by the F-word being used on a 9:30 BBC1 show, but that aside, it did make us both laugh out loud a lot of times. Quite a lot of the sketches were just a funny punchline (ie, "I'm wearing my wife's knickers") but because the sketches were so short, they worked. The 'Barbie' sketch was probably the only one that went on too long, but even then the final twist was very good.

I'm still not 100% sure which age-groups they're targetting, with their combination of F-ing and impersonations of Flanders & Swann (bizarre, but very clever, and funny), but it's certainly a hit at Curnow Towers.

And, obviously, Harold approved greatly of How Many Hats!!

Oh, and the stiff-upper lipped pipe smoking chaps, but using modern language, was very clever too (it took me about a minute to twig what the joke was, mind you, being a bit, sniff, dim). "I brought you some grapes and shit old chap."

Yes - very good so far; my favourite is the airmen (no way ! way !!). As you say, it works 75% of the time because generally the not so good sketches are over quickly (unlike Peter S who seems to flog a bad sketch to death in the hope that it'll get funny at some point)
    Bazinga !

I quite enjoy this but nothing has made laugh out loud yet though unlike Peter S.

I think Armstrong and Miller is despite the naughty language quite an old skool comedy stetch show. I haven't seen anything that tries to push the boundaries yet.

Wasn't Armstrong and Miller originally on Channel 4?

Yes it was. The first series is being repeated on Paramount comedy channel & at the start (of what seems to be every episode) they mention Channel 4.

Armstrong and Miller rock! They also managed to get Sarah Alexander naked for their Nude Practice sketches!
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

Bumping this thread with some good news!
    A new series of Armstrong & Miller goes out Saturday 30 Oct, 9.45pm BBC1.

Bit weird having it on a Saturday, but a good timeslot anyway.