Thread: Nutter alert!

Default Nutter alert!

David Icke appears on James Whale's radio show tomorrow, Wednesday 7th November at 11.00PM on talkSPORT. Listen online at www.talksport.net or 0108 on Sky, or 723 on Freeview. If you feel brave, phone them on 08717 22 33 44 (10p a minute) text them on 81089, or e-mail at the formentioned link. You may have an opinion about David Icke, but do you have the balls to question them?

Was David Icke always a sandwich short of a picnic? I still remember the days when he was simply a BBC Sports TV Presenter and while I didn't take particular note of him at that time he certainly caught my attention in his more infamous years. I wonder what made him flip?

WhiteCrow Guest

He probably did drugs with Frank Boff.

Frank Bough was into wife swapping as well as I recall...bit of dark horse... after all those years in his comfy pullover on Breakfast news back in the 80s

Was David Icke always a sandwich short of a picnic? I still remember the days when he was simply a BBC Sports TV Presenter and while I didn't take particular note of him at that time he certainly caught my attention in his more infamous years. I wonder what made him flip?
    Yeah, David Icke used to be (seemingly) normal for ages, during the years he played as a professional footballer and then when he later went on to be a sports commentator. But then there was that famous appearance on Wogan where one night he expressed his views and of course everything changed. Whether or not he'd always thought this stuff and had just kept quiet, or whether he had some sort of nervous breakdown at some point I just don't know, but well, personally I think's he sadly quite mentally unwell.

I for one would question him quite happily about his ridiculous views, my (sometimes sadly gullible) sister was persuaded by her (now thankfully ex) boyfriend to read his books and did believe that the Royal Family are all seven foot lizards who drink the blood of innocent babies, etc, etc. She and her ex are genuinely nice people too, but they come from the "If it's in a book it must be true" line of thought which is a bit worrying, though thankfully she's now come to her senses and doesn't believe in it all anymore.

Edit:

Here's some interesting stuff from wiki:

In his online autobiography, Icke writes that, in March 1990, while he was a national spokesperson for the Green Party, he received a message from the spirit world through a medium, [14] identified by The Guardian as Betty Shine, a medium from Brighton. [15] She told him he was a healer who had been chosen for his courage and sent to heal the earth, and that he had been directed into football to learn discipline. He was going to leave politics and would become famous, she said, writing five books in three years, and one day there would be a great earthquake, and the "sea will reclaim land," because human beings were abusing the earth.

When Icke told the Green Party leadership what he had experienced, he was banned from speaking at public meetings on their behalf. [13] In 1991, after a trip to Peru, he wrote Truth Vibrations, an autobiographical work which summarized his life experiences up to that point, with an emphasis on his recent spiritual encounters. He began to wear only turquoise and on March 27, 1991, held a press conference to announce: "I am a channel for the Christ spirit. The title was given to me very recently by the Godhead."[16]

In an interview on the Terry Wogan show that year, he announced that he was "the son of God," [14] and that Britain would be devastated by tidal waves and earthquakes. His statements were met with laughter and ridicule from the studio audience, derision in the press, and suggestions that he was mentally ill. Icke later said that he had been misinterpreted by the media. According to Icke, he used the term "the son of God" "... in the sense of being an aspect, as I understood it at the time, of the Infinite consciousness that is everything. As I have written before, we are like droplets of water in an ocean of infinite consciousness" (Tales From The Time Loop 2003).
    And here's the lizard stuff:

In 1999, Icke wrote and published The Biggest Secret: The Book that Will Change the World, in which he identified the extraterrestrial Prison Warders as reptilians from the constellation Draco. [24]They walk erect and appear to be human, living not only on the planets they come from, but also in caverns and tunnels under the earth. They have cross-bred with humans, which has created "hybrids" who are "possessed" by the full-blooded reptilians. [25] The reptiles' hybrid reptilian-human DNA allows them to change from reptilian to human form if they consume human blood. Icke has drawn parallels with the 1980s science-fiction series V, in which the earth is taken over by reptiloid aliens disguised as humans.

According to Icke, the reptilian group includes many prominent people and practically every world leader from Britain's late Queen Mother to George H.W. Bush, Hillary Clinton, Harold Wilson, and Tony Blair. These people are either themselves reptilian, or work for the reptiles as what Icke calls slave-like victims of multiple personality disorder: "The Rothschilds, Rockefellers, the British royal family, and the ruling political and economic families of the U.S. and the rest of the world come from these SAME bloodlines. It is not because of snobbery, it is to hold as best they can a genetic structure — the reptilian-mammalian DNA combination which allows them to 'shape-shift'." [4]

Icke has since published additional books on the same theme. His latest work sees George W. Bush, also a reptilian, playing a key role in what Icke alleges is a 9/11 conspiracy. In Tales From The Time Loop and other works, Icke states that most organized religions, especially Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, are Illuminati creations designed to divide and conquer the human race through endless conflicts. In a similar vein, Icke believes racial and ethnic divisions are an illusion promoted by the reptilians, and that racism fuels the Illuminati agenda.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_icke
    Last edited by Alex; 7th Nov 2007 at 1:17 AM.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Was David Icke always a sandwich short of a picnic?
    I really don't think he is though, he earns a shedload of dosh every year. Honestly, I think he makes more money than you or I could ever dream of.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

My view is that he had a minor breakdown, hence the Wogan stuff but since then has recovered and has changed his world view from the son of god stuff to the general conspiracy theory stuff. As Steve says he earns bucketloads of cash in America and regularly fills stadiums with people who want to hear him talk, so maybe he's not so daft.

WhiteCrow Guest

A very British L Ron Hubbard, without the dire Sci-Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    I really don't think he is though, he earns a shedload of dosh every year. Honestly, I think he makes more money than you or I could ever dream of.
    This article would suggest that that isn't the case - http://www.davidicke.com/content/view/1772/1772/
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    This article would suggest that that isn't the case - http://www.davidicke.com/content/view/1772/1772/
    That's interesting, I didn't know any of that. The point stands though, he still generates lots of money from his books & stuff.....it's just that somebody is trying to steal it from him!

And there's a true "nutter" surely, somebody who would christen their child Royal Adams.....
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Surely he must earn something from the tours he does?

Anyway I sort of feel a bit sorry for him. Even though his books are a load of old poo I dislike the idea of anyone basically pinching someones else work.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    Surely he must earn something from the tours he does?

Anyway I sort of feel a bit sorry for him. Even though his books are a load of old poo I dislike the idea of anyone basically pinching someones else work.
    I just can't feel sorry for him, having gone through that time where Mandy believed in his crazy theories so much. It was actually quite distressing to see a loved one buy in to such utter crap, and to try and convince others of his ideas.

If he is just making it up as he goes along then I think that's disgusting, and just conning the gullible out of their money, whereas if he does really believe it all then I think he needs to seek psychiatric help. He also has (admittedly complex) links with the Extreme Right, and holocaust deniers, which makes me extremely uncomfortable about the man:

Barkun writes that Icke has "clearly sought to cultivate the extreme right," but that the relationship is tense because of the New Age "baggage" that Icke brings with him. Barkun cites the London Evening Standard, which wrote in 1995 that: "uncanny parallels are emerging between Icke's thoughts ... and the writings of senior figures in the armed militia movement in America." [4]

Barkun writes that Icke's relationship with militias and Christian Patriots is complex. On the one hand, Icke believes the Christian patriots to be the only Americans who understand the truth about the New World Order, but on the other, he allegedly told a Christian Patriot group: "I don't know which I dislike more, the world controlled by the Brotherhood, or the one you want to replace it with."

Icke has cited white supremacist, neo-Nazi and other far-right publications in his books. British journalist Simon Jones notes that the bibliography of ... And the Truth Shall Set You Free lists The Spotlight, formerly published by the now-defunct Liberty Lobby, and which Icke calls "excellent," and On Target, published by the Australian League of Rights, which has organized speaking tours for Holocaust denier David Irving. Jones writes: "It's tempting to dismiss David Icke as a confused and ignorant man, manipulated by extremists in order to present their philosophy in a socially acceptable format. But Icke clearly understands the implications of his words."
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Interesting points! If you do phone, and I urge you to if your not one of his groupies who phone him and blow smoke up his arse, then phone the station on your mobile, ask the staff to ring you back (providing you have a question) and you can listen for free!