Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    WhiteCrow Guest

Default The Great Doctor Who - Eastenders actor crossover

Eastenders, Doctor Who, two of the main stables of BBC drama.

How many actors have had roles in both?

For each actor include a photo, name, role in Doctor Who, role in Eastenders.

I'll start the ball rolling with ...

June Brown

Before she starred as Dot Cotton, owner of the Laundrette, she was awfully posh, appearing in the Jon Pertwee story (a good one for a change) The Time Warrior as Lady Eleanor (which introduced the world to Sarah Jane Smith).

Louise Jameson played Rosa DiMarco in 193 episodes of Eastenders between 1998-2000.

She, of course, played Leela in Doctor Who.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Leslie Grantham is an obvious one.

"Doctor Who" Kiston (1984) & "EastEnders" Den (240 episodes, 1985-2005).

We are of course avoiding mention of THAT charity 'episode' for CiN. That would be tooooo obvious even for me.

There is, of course, the late, great Mike Reid, who played Frank Butcher in the soap between 1987 and 2005.

He was an extra in several William Hartnell stories, most notably 'The War Machines', in which he plays a couple of parts.

And yes, he was in THAT episode, too!

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    We are of course avoiding mention of THAT charity 'episode' for CiN. That would be tooooo obvious even for me.
    I claim it to be none cannon - and should instead be fired from one.

Besides storylines since have proved that those events obviously occured in another parallel gingerbread world.

Pip Madeley Guest

Tony Caunter

Best known as Roy Evans (married to Pat) in EastEnders in 485 episodes between 1994-2003, he also appeared in Doctor Who THREE times - The Crusade (as Thatcher), Colony In Space (as Morgan) & Enlightenment (as Jackson).

I'm certain that Michael Wisher played one of the Mitchell brother's briefs back in the early 90s - I can remember his distinctive voice (and he wore a hat) - but I can't find him on Google Image Search, nor even IMDB, so I'm going to go with my second option:

Jane Howe, who was Rebec in "Planet of the Daleks" and Dirty Den's mistress Jan Hammond in the early days of EE, first appearing as the cliffhanger to the 100th Episode!

And, do you know, I can't find any pictures of her on t'net either! The internet seems to be failing me today, doesn't it!

Ah, here we go, one murky screengrab:

Pip Madeley Guest

Ian Reddington

Before appearing as the infamous Tricky Dicky in Eastenders (1992-1994), he was the Chief Clown in the crappy 80s Doctor Who serial 'The Greatest Show In The Galaxy' (1988). As an aside, he's also appeared as Vernon Tomlin in Corrie (2005-).

Rudolph Walker

He's best known as Patrick Neville Loftus Alfonso Trueman (2001-) to soap fans, but Doctor Who fans will recognise him as Harper in 'The War Games' (1969). Another Eastender who appeared in 'The War Games' is...

Leslie Schofield

He also did 'The Face Of Evil' (1977), and later went on to play Jeff Healy (1997-2000) in 'Enders.

Leonard Maguire, who was Decider Draith in Full Circle, was 'Uncle' in the early years of EastEnders, an old friend of Lou Beale. I think he was a pawnbroker - and again, I can't find any EE pics of him.

However, at the risk of being obvious, Anna Wing who played Lou Beale, was in Kinda.

Last edited by Andrew Curnow; 8th Nov 2007 at 9:17 PM.

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Leslie Schofield

He also did 'The Face Of Evil' (1977), and later went on to play Jeff Healy (1997-2000) in 'Enders.
    My wife was glad when he left Eastenders, as every time he was on screen I'd say "EVACUATE - in our moment of triumph?".

Pip Madeley Guest

I enjoy doing these too much:

(the gorgeous) Jo Joyner

Since appearing as Lynda (with a Y) in "The Parting Of The Ways" in 2005, Jo has joined the cast of Eastenders as Tanya Branning.

Bit obvious, but Barbara Windsor

Plays Peggy Mitchell in Eastenders, and played Peggy Mitchell in Doctor Who!

WhiteCrow Guest

Now - going the other way - didn't Sophie Aldred once appear in Eastenders?

Pip Madeley Guest

Her IMDB profile reveals she appeared in two editions as Suzie, in the same year that Ace visited Albert Square with the Seventh Doctor.

Peter Purves was in it as 'a TV reporter' making a documentary about the Square, back in 1987. No, it's true!

Brian Croucher played Ted Hills a long time after he'd played Borg in Robots of Death.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

Derek Martin

Has played Charlie Slater in Eastenders since 2000. He made a few (nearly all uncredited) appearances in Doctor Who during the 1960s and 1970s:

The Massacre: Priest of Death (19 February 1966) - Parisian in Rue des Fosses St. Germain (uncredited)
    The Web of Fear: Episode 1 (3 February 1968) - Soldier (uncredited)
    The Ambassadors of Death: Episode 3 (4 April 1970) - Thug (uncredited)
    The Ambassadors of Death: Episode 4 (11 April 1970) - Thug (uncredited)
    Inferno: Episode 7 (20 June 1970) - UNIT soldier (uncredited)
    The Claws of Axos: Part 3 (27 March 1971) - UNIT Soldier (uncredited)
    The Claws of Axos: Part 4 (3 April 1971) - UNIT soldier (uncredited)
    Image of the Fendahl: Part 1 (29 October 1977) - Mitchell

Michael Atwell who was Bates in Attack of the Cybermen (and also an Ice Warrior in, er, The Ice Warriors) was Kenny Beale briefly in the 1980s (for about 3 episodes). You know what comes now, another very blurry screengrab to prove the truth of what I say!!

And here it is:

Two 5th Doctor stars here

Played Krystal in EE apparently, and Dr Styles in Ressurection of the Daleks

Played dead landlord Eddie Royle in EE and Mr Terry Leptil in the Visitation.
    Bazinga !

WhiteCrow Guest

I have to say I'm glad I started this, I had no idea just how much crossover there's been - most impressed by Derek Martin

And we haven't even gone behind the scenes yet!!

What about this glamour-puss:

Frank's ma Mo in EE, and some old woman in Fear Her.

Pip Madeley Guest

Surprised nobody has yet mentioned:

Lucy Benjamin

Before she made her name as Lisa Shaw/Fowler in Eastenders (1998-2003), one of Lisa Benjamin's very first roles as a child actor was playing a young Nyssa of Traken in 'Mawdryn Undead' (1983).

Peter Dean

Everyone knows he's Pete Beale (1985-1993), but did you know he played one of the uncredited Sevateem tribesmen in 'The Face Of Evil' (1977)?

Tom Ellis

A more recent Doctor Who/Eastenders crossover, Tom played Oliver Cousins in Eastenders last year, and Thomas Milligan in 'The Last Of The Time Lords' this year.

That Pete Beale one is a revelation. Although in hindsight I suppose that scene where one of the tribe tries to stop Leela going with the Doctor by crying out, "No don't leave tweacle" should have given the game away.

Elsewhen from the mists of obscurity, Zienia Merton (Marco Polo's Ping-Cho) was... well, my memory insists she was Nigel's step-daughter's teacher, but imdb has her listed as either 'Dr Stokeley' (in 1998) or 'Receptionist' (in 2003) so what do I know.

Either way, she was clearly in it, so here's a picture!

And Mona Hammond who played R/Mickey's Gran was also in EE, both as Blossom Jackson but also, in 1986, as the midwife who delivered Michelle & Den's baby Vicky! Oh yes indeed.