Pip Madeley Guest

Default Howard Attfield RIP

I guess we won't be visiting Donna's family after series four...

It is with deepest regret that we announce the passing of Howard Attfield. Howard was best known to Doctor Who fans for his role as Donna's dad (Geoff Noble) in the 2006 Christmas Special; The Runaway Bride. Howard's final scenes can be seen in Series Four of Doctor Who, which airs in the spring of 2008.
    Such a shame - he has the sad distinction of being the first New Series cast member to pass away.

That's a shame. I guess he never saw his last work.
    I can't find out much about him other than he seems to have started acting in 1980.

R.I.P Howard.

Oh no! We were just watching him in The Runaway Bride last night and I was saying how good he was and how I thought it'll be great to have him on board as a semi-regular. Such a shame.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

God, that is a shock! Series Four will have some added poignancy, then.

His was always one of those faces which used to crop up in loads of things, especially adverts and sitcoms, and yet you never used to know who he was. I guess Geoff Noble was in some ways his biggest role.

Rest in peace, Howard.

to be honest I've never heard of him - but I don't see any reason why this would mean we would not see Donna's dad in series 4 I'm just just like me I'm sure there are many people who would not realise the character was being played by a different person.