Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Entire VHS Collection For Sale!!1

Hi Guys,

Like Dave Tudor, I've been trying to work out what to do with my Doctor Who VHS collection.

Anyway, I can't be bothered listing them all individually on ebay so I have decided to list them all as a job lot!!!

It's probably madness, who knows? I would really appreciate your feedback, especially as it is only just listed and I could still amend it.

Have a look here...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESE:IT&ih=001

It's by no means an idea without merit - you'll only pay one listing fee, less hassle listing them all and no wrapping or posting.

However, you're liable to get out what you put in, and I think you'd make more listing them individually, if you're willing to put the work in. You'll be quite lucky to find someone who is willing to buy them all and prepared to pay a reasonable price and come and get them.

Have you got a reserve on the auction? It might be wise as you could get someone looking to swipe the lot for 99p and there's a few valuable ones there.

I'd put the rare ones up seperately and give the common-as-muck ones to a charity shop.

Si.

Si speaks the truth. There are some videos worth selling, but all the ones that have come out on DVD are probably charity shop fodder.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Si speaks the truth. There are some videos worth selling, but all the ones that have come out on DVD are probably charity shop fodder.
    Or given to a child/young person who's got into Doctor Who - that's what I do with my old videos...

Wayne Guest

If you havn't got a bid by the time i go home from London Dave, i'll give you a quid for 'em, then re-sell all the saleable ones.

Me too. Can you bring them to the London meet, strapped to your back?

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

I'll let you sit on my lap for half an hour if you've got The Krotons.

Thanks for the comments guys. I do appreciate them. I do realise that it's a gamble and I've no idea if I am doing the right thing or not. In all honesty, I really can't be arsed listing them all individually and then have to bother posting them all.

However, if I thought there were a few rare ones that are still valuable, I would consider amending my list and selling them individually.

If I choose say 5 - 7 vids to sell individually, what should they be?

"The Dominators", The E-Space Trilogy (we got £30 for ours the other week), "Image of the Fendahl", "Shada", "The Daemons", "The Ice Warriors Collection".

Si.

Ok, thanks for that Si.

Dave

Any time hon!

Si.

Well, there has already been a bid, so it's too late for me to amend the list. I think I'm gonna let it roll for a few days and see what happens.

Pip Madeley Guest

You could always remove the listing if necessary.

They are currently selling for £205.00. Wow!!!!!!!!

Well done Dave - you got rid of all those old tapes and made a few hundred quid into the bargain. I think this is a result!

Si.

Oh my! That's really wonderful, especially considering how much you were panicking about it yesterday!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

They finally went for £217.00. I'm pretty please about that. The guy is also coming to collect so no postage hassle. I think that is a good result.

Dave x

Fantastic, Dave! Bet you're glad you don't have to post them all!

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by davethesailor View Post
    They finally went for £217.00. I'm pretty please about that. The guy is also coming to collect so no postage hassle. I think that is a good result.
    Absolutely. Bloody well done, Dave!

Terrific result. It encourages me to think of doing the same. I have the complete VHS collection and was going to seell them individually, but they seel for next to nothing if they have been released on DVD.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Well the videos were collected by a retailer who has a stall in Brighton. He was very nice and it all went well. He seemed genuinely p;eased with his purchase. In particular as I had not detailed that that I was also selling the Dalek and Cyberman tins.

I'm thinking of selling my DWM's next.

Are they out on DVD too?

So what about all the stories that aren't on DVD yet? Do you not have those at all now? It's only about a year ago I finally completed my collection, and most of them are on video, in fact I filled in the last few with cheap videos of ebay. I only have a few on DVD and probably won't bother getting more until the videos pack up

Hi There,

I sold them all regardless on whether they were out on DVD or not. I honestly won't miss them, but will really look forward to the DVD release.

Dave

Yes, in truth WE don't really watch most of the videos of stories that are not yet on DVD, simply because if the DVD is suddenly announced we don't want to have recently seen the story.

Si.

You could have had a nice symbolic bonfire, well worth 200 pounds I think