Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Just in time to wish Dame Bush a happy 50th birthday today. I'm sure she reads this forum all the time.

Just think, in another 50 years she'll have her new album ready.

That's half a century of kookiness.

I didn't realise she was older than Doctor Who though!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

If she's older than Bill Hartnell then she's obviously doing something right!

Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere else on PS, but a little heads up for fans of The Bush, BBC Four are showing the 1979 Kate Bush Christmas Special this weekend, sat night/sunday morning at 12.10am (IIRC).

1979 Christmas special featuring Kate Bush. She performs Gymnopedie No 1, Symphony in Blue, Them Heavy People, Madrigal, December, Wedding List, Egypt, Waltz/Why Did I Ever Go Marry Her, Man with the Child in His Eyes and Foot on the Heartbrake. Guest star Peter Gabriel sings Here Comes the Flood and duets with Kate on Another Day.
    Totally cool. And awesome.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Great! Thanks for that Steve- I'll set the Sky+

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Incidentally, we have a fair number of Kate Bush fans on PS... so I was wondering would anyone be up for a Kate Bush time-team after Pink Floyd?

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I would- we might have to run it at the same time as a Bowie one, which Paul mooted a week or so back, but yeah, let's do it- I've got all the albums so that ones easy!

Si xx

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I would- we might have to run it at the same time as a Bowie one, which Paul mooted a week or so back, but yeah, let's do it
    Well, we could run it after the Bowie time team, or concurrently - I'm fairly easy!

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I've got all the albums so that ones easy!
    Likewise!

Ant x

Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Williams View Post
    so I was wondering would anyone be up for a Kate Bush time-team
    I haven't really been following any of the others (not really bands I'm interested in), but I'd happily give it a go contributing.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Incidentally, we have a fair number of Kate Bush fans on PS... so I was wondering would anyone be up for a Kate Bush time-team after Pink Floyd?

Ant x
    OH!!! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.

There is actually a great evening's entertainment on BBC4 this Saturday with The Queen's of Pop docu's, (which I somehow managed to miss a few weeks ago on BBC1) and shows from the sixties of Cilla, Lulu, Sandie Shaw and Dusty, not to mention Kate. I'd forgotten all about that special until someone on The Mausoleum Club mentioned The Wedding List video featured in the show. I have a vague recollection of it and it will be good to see this show again.
    With all these shows, which I will be glued too, it will be great to see some proper talent on a Saturday evening.

We've already two copies of this on bootleg DVDs but it'll be worth taping to see if it's been cleaned up at all. I can't remember alot about it apart from "The Wedding List" being very theatrical. Isn't there an ABBA BBC xmas special in which Kate guested? Maybe they can show that another day.

Another yes to the Kate Bush Time Team here. Massive fan here. Nice to see the 1979 special getting an airing - seen it so many times now and it's a real quirky affair. I love the visuals to The Wedding List - campy and creepy at the same time. Another Day is a stand out too - that song sends shivers down my spine. And I have a soft spot for Symphony In Blue too.

Will the concert CD be included in the Time Team too??
    'In search of some rest, in search of a break
    From a life of tests, where something's always at stake
    Where something's always so far...'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr BHT View Post
    Will the concert CD be included in the Time Team too??
    Well, given that there's only the one live album - I don't see why not? Unless anyone has any problems with doing that?

Ant x

----

Ant x

Yes! Good idea.

I post at least once every three weeks these days so I'm sure I could post in the spirit of Kate herself!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R View Post
    ....Isn't there an ABBA BBC xmas special in which Kate guested? Maybe they can show that another day.

Yes there is, and also in late 1978 she guested on The Leo Sayer Show performing Don't Push Your Foot On The Heartbrake while dancing with some dustbin lids. And around the time of the Never Forever album she guested on The Dr. Hook Show in which she performed Delius with some weirdly surreal animated swans. I'd like to see these clips again. There are other clips too which I have vague memories of, Revolver, the Peter Cook pop show from '78 where she performed James And The Cold Gun, there's also a Wogan clip from '85 in which she performed Running Up That Hill from some kind of podium, delivering the song as if it was a political message. I think all these could be added to any prospective DVD collection which is long, long overdue.

If anyone forgot to watch this, it's apparently now on iplayer.

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing that at last, I probaly had a grin from ear to ear all the way through. Some nice little bonkers moments, a couple of interesting 're-recordings', and a lovely duet with Peter Gabriel to boot.

Nice wedding dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    Well, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing that at last, I probaly had a grin from ear to ear all the way through. Some nice little bonkers moments, a couple of interesting 're-recordings', and a lovely duet with Peter Gabriel to boot.

Nice wedding dress.
    Yes, I felt the same.

As soon as I saw the opening I remembered seeing it first time round. It really was good to see it again after almost thirty years. I look forward to consigning it to shiny disc later in the week. Shame about the DOG though, BBC4 have been showing a series of jazz 625 without it, shame they couldn't have left it off for the whole evening.

We just watched The Kate Bush special and it was fab! Even if Peter Gabriel stole the show with a performance of 'Here Comes The Flood'. All the Kate Bush songs were good, but Peter's was astounding.

What made it really great were the costumes! Si thought it was June Hudson, but sadly not.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I forgot about the DOG.

And yes, it was an excellent performance of 'Here Comes The Flood'.

Could a new album be on the way? Digital Spy think so

Kate Bush will release a new album this year, reports suggest.

The singer, whose last record was released in 2005, is said to be putting out a new album this year with longtime label EMI.

Blog website What You Got said: "We've just been informed that the Kate Bush will be releasing a new album in 2011, via EMI Records."

Bush has released eight studio albums, all of which have charted inside the top ten. Her last effort Ariel peaked at number three and went Platinum in the UK.

The LP was recently made available on iTunes, after it was initially given a physical-only release
    Si xx

Blimey!

Let's hope she comes out and promotes it a bit more this time!

Si.

This is great news, I hope it's true.

Maybe she's been waiting for Pink Floyd to settle their dispute with EMI...

http://www.nme.com/news/kate-bush/54595

So- not necessarily a new album then. Maybe a new Greatest hits with new song or two?

Si xx

Hmmm. "Lyra" wasn't much cop. She's an albums artist really isn't she?

Si.