Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I thought 'Lyra' was very good indeed, I listen to it quite a lot.

I'm not too surprised at this, I did suspect as much, especially with many people reporting that a lot of her old albums seem to be out of print...

Here's hoping for a cd/dvd combo.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Four Kate Bush albums are expected to be re-issued this year after the singer won back control of them from EMI, but there is no confirmation yet about any new material coming from her in 2011.

The Dreaming, Hounds Of Love, The Sensual World and The Red Shoes, which EMI originally released between 1982 and 1993, are all lined up to be re-issued with former EMI and PolyGram executive David Munns now acting as a consultant to her.

The one-time EMI worldwide vice chairman and EMI Recorded Music North America chairman and CEO’s association with Bush goes back to when she was first signed to EMI and the release of her first album The Kick Inside in 1978.

“I’ve been involved for about a year now,” said Munns. “People think I’m managing and I’m really consulting. I drift in and out of these projects.”

There has been recent speculation of a new studio album from Bush, which would be her first since Aerial in 2005. That itself did not appear until a dozen years after her previous release The Red Shoes.

“There are other plans but I’m not able to talk about them right now,” is all Munns would say, adding, “There’s nothing ready until Kate says it’s ready. That’s always been the way.”

Munns was also involved in the campaign for last years Greatest Hits album by Bon Jovi, an act he worked with extensively when he was at PolyGram International in the early Nineties and then worked with them in an independent capacity when he left the major in 1998. “I’m still doing stuff with Bon Jovi,” said Munns who took charge of the marketing for the retrospective.
    Hmmm?

Munns was also involved in the campaign for last years Greatest Hits album by Bon Jovi
    That doesn't bode well, what with their weird DVD of half poorly converted NTSC promos and the other half of the DVD filled up with live versions of the same songs.

Si.

I was just about to say that I didn't even know Bon Jovi had a greatest hits out last year!

The Dreaming is probably my favourite album, so I really hope she doesn't mess that one up. The other three I can pretty much live without.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

And I wanted a lovely new version of Lionheart. That's my favourite one.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I had no idea there was any kind of struggle for "control" of the albums between Kate and EMI. So why has she got half of them back and not the earlier ones?

Si.

Just speculating, but I guess after the success of the first couple, she renegotiated her deal going forward.

I'm sort of glad she's got someone "looking after her affairs", as she's come across as pretty clueless & naive in recent years.

http://www.youtube.com/KateBushMusic

OMG OMG OMG she's set up an OFFICIAL Kate Bush You Tube Channel! Now you can learn the dance to Wuthering Heights at any Wi-Fi access point AND THOUSANDS OF OTHER POSSIBILITES!!!

Consider the future EMBRACED!!!!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Let's hope she embraces this new fangled concept of Dvd and releases her videos, concert and short film on them.

No, but there's a TWITTER FEED!!!!

http://twitter.com/KateBushMusic

Simply add '...when I should have been recording my new album' for that real Kate Bush experience!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

With so much activity on the Kate Bush front over the past 20 years, I daren't add her on Twitter for fear of being overwealmed by information.

Unless by some strange miracle it's actually her and we get daily updates on her hoovering, baking and pottering about. Which would be AMAZING, obviously.

Si.

She's re-recording (or possibly even just re-mixing) her old songs!

From her two most unpopular albums.

http://www.clashmusic.com/news/new-kate-bush-album

Amazing.

Si.

She has re-recorded some elements whilst keeping the best musical performances of each song – making it something of a director’s cut but in sound, not vision.

A new version of “Deeper Understanding” will be released as a single in April. Although written some twenty years ago, the song may be more relevant today than ever…

Kate is currently working on new material although no release date has been set for this.

“Director’s Cut” will be released in the following formats:

Digital Album, Standard CD in a case-bound book, Deluxe CD (three disc package, including Director’s Cut, The Sensual Word and re-mastered The Red Shoes) in a case-bound book and two-disc vinyl.

Other digital and vinyl formats will be made available on katebush.com. Details will be published shortly.

Read more: http://www.popjustice.com/forum/inde...#ixzz1GJC9F6Nj
    She's re-done the music then.

Promising that new music is on the way though. Also this has got to be a good sign that she's taking an active interest in music again.

Though it's still an odd move!

Si.

Blimey! Oh my!

Si xx

It's up for pre-order: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Directors-Cu...0637676&sr=8-3

A three disc set or you can buy them separetly for Ł8.99

Si xx

Still no tracklisting though...

Si.

A brief sample from the single here...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deeper-Under...1294964&sr=1-2

Sounds pants!

Do you think the vocals are re-recorded?

Si.

There's been a lot of unhappiness over the auto-tune vocal, but I'm guessing that she's doing the bit where the computer speaks during the song, so it's probably allowable. However, since we only have 30 seconds to base any opinion on, it's very difficult to be sure.

Si xx

There was a photo of her up on Facebook last night. A black and white shot of her with some scissors, cutting up film. She's still looking beautiful, in case you're wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    There's been a lot of unhappiness over the auto-tune vocal...
    And now, that sample has been taken down...

How odd!

Si xx

Radio 2 are getting the first full play of the new single next Monday at around 10am on the Ken Bruce show.

Oh and there's a new clip of Deeper Understanding on her youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpEQWUOoP5o

Simon

Wig!

Simon.

Simon.