Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Oh and there's a new clip of Deeper Understanding on her youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpEQWUOoP5o
    Still sounds pants.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

There's an alleged tracklisting doing the rounds...

1 Flower of the Mountain
    2 Song of Solomon
    3 Lily
    4 Deeper Understanding
    5 The Red Shoes
    6 This Woman’s Work
    7 Moments of Pleasure
    8 Never be Mine
    9 Top of the City
    10 And so is Love
    11 Rubberband Girl

"Flower of the Mountain" is "The Sensual World" with different lyrics allegedly.

Also rumoured that she's filming a video with Robbie Coltrane.

She's the sort. Weren't they in The Comic Strip together?

And here's the full song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5UsjqXXcZ4

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

They've posted up a new promo pic of Kate on her Facebook page...she looks quite amazing. Nice outfit.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Hmmm, it's not that bad on first listen, might grow to like it. Bloody attrocious sound quality on YouTube though

This is my favourite YouTube comment....

i think that a lot of people will be disappointed by this. i one sure am, even though i'm a KB fan since december only.

It doesn't do a lot for me. The original is much better. I like the other new photo doing the rounds though.

Until we get the CD version and compare it to the original, I can't really comment! The sheer murkiness of Red Shoes and Sensual World can only be improved upon.

It sounds Ok so far. The effects on the voice go a bit mental, but I quite like it.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

It verges on being unlistenable!

And I don't know why, given the chance to update the song for 2011, there are sitll modem noises in it.

Si.

It verges on being unlistenable!
    Really? It didn't seem that bad to me. What's so bad about it Si?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Those weird vocal effects seemed to distort it! Maybe the Youtube quality didn't help. I didn't mind it actually, even though it was unlistenable. Does that make sense?

Si.

Four Kate Bush albums are expected to be re-issued this year after the singer won back control of them from EMI...
    And now being listed on Amazon as coming out on May 16th via Parlophone (Dreaming, HoL, Red Shoes & TSW). For the "bargain" price of £9.47.

According to posters elsewhere, the tracklisting for 'Hounds of Love' is showing 'The Big Sky' as being replaced with the "single mix".

Are there bonus tracks?

Si.

Of course not!

Same audio mix as previous, bar The Red Shoes which is remastered. So confirmation it seems that The Sensual World has NOT been remastered at all.

Very poor show.

Spincds.com are listing them for £6.99 each though.

So no need to buy them again then. Does this mean the ones in the Directors Cut set are also the same? Or do they have bonus tracks?

Si.

I'd guess they'll be exactly the same as in The Directors Cut. The original press release for that did say that Red Shoes was remastered and TSW wasn't.

You only need to buy them if you particularly like the logo for 'Fish People', or don't already own The Big Sky (Special Single Mix).

Kate was interviewed tonight on BBC Radio 4's Front Row,available on iplayer

The NME give a brief summary:

Kate Bush has revealed she has almost finished writing a brand new studio album.

The singer, who releases 'Director’s Cut', a compilation of re-recorded material from her 1989 album 'The Sensual World' and 1993's 'The Red Shoes' on May 16, has said she is now putting together a new LP of original material.

Speaking on BBC Radio 4‘s Front Row last night (May 4), Bush responded to a question about whether she was working on a new album by replying: "I’ve done most of the writing for it."

She did not give a possible release date for the album, which will be her 11th studio LP, refusing to even say if it will be ready for release by 2012.

Bush did admit that she finds it "stressful" that there are such long gaps between her albums, adding: "It's very frustrating the albums take as long as they do. I wish there weren't such big gaps between them."

She also said that though she would “hate to say that I would never do any live shows again”, she currently had no plans to perform onstage. She last played live in 1979.
    I was born in 1979.

I bet she's surrounded by post-it notes covered with lyrics.

I got The Directors Cut at the weekend. We deffo gave the new-version CD a listen at the weekend, but I don't know where that CD has gone now. I ripped The Red Shoes and The Sensual World onto my computer and listened to both of them on the way to work this morning. I don't know why I bothered with The Sensual World really, it'll be exactly the same as the version already on the computer!

The Red Shoes however, turns out to be a catchy, upbeat, pop album underneath the horrible murky production that has been removed on the remastered version. It sounds like a great album!

I'm not sure if I've really picked up that much of a difference aurally. I'll get used to this new version, then try the old one out and see how it compares.

I haven't got the missing CD. I wanted it for the car this morning but couldn't find it.

It might be in the blu-ray player.

The Kate Bush Shop is now open, where you can buy one of many canvas art prints for around £100 each, but unfortunately, no dvd of her pop promos...

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    The Kate Bush Shop is now open, where you can buy one of many canvas art prints for around £100 each, but unfortunately, no dvd of her pop promos...
    You've obviously received the same E-Mail I got today. I thought the shop very disappointing when I looked at it.

In a sudden burst of hyperactivity, Kate Bush is threatening us with a WHOLE NEW ALBUM!

Kate Bush is set to release a new album later this year, according to an EMI executive.

The singer, who released the album 'Director's Cut' earlier this year, is rumoured to be releasing another new album late in 2011, according to comments from Mark Poston, the company chair of EMI Australia.

Speaking to the Star Observer, Poston said: "Of course, you can never be sure with Kate Bush. She does things at her own pace. But we’ve been told to prepare for a November release."

The singer is known to have been working on a new album and said back in May she said that she'd done "most of the writing" for an album of new material.

At the time she admitted that she finds it "stressful" that there are such long gaps between her albums, adding: "It's very frustrating the albums take as long as they do. I wish there weren't such big gaps between them."

Bush's last album 'Director's Cut' was released in May. It was a collection of re-recorded versions of tracks from her 1989 album 'The Sensual World' and 1993's 'The Red Shoes'.

The album was her first since 2005's 'Aerial' and went to Number Two in the album charts narrowly missing out on the top spot due to the continued success of Adele's '21'.
    I dunno about the long gaps. In some ways, it makes it more special when a news report turns up to remind us that Kate Bush a) is still alive and b) hasn't retired.

But it would be amazing if she could release another album as good as Aerial.

It would be nice if the gaps were SLIGHTLY shorter.

What does she do all day? Apart from her own hoovering.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    What does she do all day? Apart from her own hoovering.

Si.
    Gossips with Mrs. Bertolucci I believe.