Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    WhiteCrow Guest

Default Dr Who stuff - what I really really want

Hmmm - looking sad this Christmas, there seems no new Who stuff I want, and I don't need another Dalek - do I?

So time to think about merchandise stuff they don't do but I'd like anyway.

I've always liked fob watches, and I'd like it if they did a proper "Chamelion arc" type watch ...

every time I go into a shop and see the remote controlled Daleks I keep saying to my self I must get me one of those I saw the 18" Daleks and those ones are even harder to resist wanting to buy. I'd also like to get my self a cyberman to but those are really the onlt things that would appeale to me.

I've always liked fob watches, and I'd like it if they did a proper "Chamelion arc" type watch ...
    I'm not big on merchandise (outside of the DVD's) but I could go for a watch like that as long as it wasn't too expensive.

I've always thought it would be cool to have a replica of the First Doctor's signet ring though.

Captain Tancredi Guest

My Uncle Frank gave me a pocket watch many years ago- it might be fun to get it from my mum and dad's and revive it.

Otherwise, I noticed that the Model Centre near work had a set of three busts- Cyberman, Slitheen and Jabe- which I hadn't seen before. Might get myself one if they're still there next week because they look quite good.

one thing that dose baffle me is why on earth would any one want to buy or even do with a life sizw cut out oe David Tennent, Freema, A Dalek or cyberman..

They raffled away some cardboard standees at Newbury on Sunday. It's nice to win a prize, but I think on this occasion it would have been rather irritating!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

WhiteCrow Guest

As I've said I think the cardboard cut-outs are "a step too far", I had a friend who had them all around her house, it's just creepy. It's just a step away from "can I kiss Peter Davison?".

Not even that far if one of the standees is of Peter. I'd worry about getting up in the middle of the night and mistaking them for burglars.

I wonder how long it's going to be now, incidentally, before there's a 5th Doctor figure on the strength of Time Crash?

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    Not even that far if one of the standees is of Peter. I'd worry about getting up in the middle of the night and mistaking them for burglars.
    There was a funny incident about 10 years ago at Christmas in Liverpool.

Armed police were called to a flat, where a resident reported the family had been taken hostage at gunpoint, and the gunman could be seen in the upstairs bedroom window.

Sure enough upstairs was a Mel Gibson cut-out (of him holding a gun) from Lethal Weapon. I think his official spokesman blamed the Jews.

I'd love a fob watch and a cyberman as well. But what I'd really REALLY LOVE is more classic figures. I'd get myself a Patrick Troughton, Jamie, Peter Davison n' his companions (why not? For the hell of it) That'd be great. I'd probably get my brother a Davros since he thinks he's so awesome lol.

Why don't we get Tim a lifesize Nicola Bryant? eh?

You do know, apparently, the bigger the bra size, the more it costs for one right?

Pip Madeley Guest

So do you get them cheap or do you get stung?

WhiteCrow Guest

Why don't we get Tim a lifesize Nicola Bryant? eh?
    It's cheaper to get than you think - all you need is a reel of gaffer tape, a bottle of chloroform, and a bit of patience outside the stage door ...

[I'm expecting Ali to start doing this once she runs out of people to have pictures taken with, she calls it taking her fandom to "the next level". I think she's already started soundproofing the ceiling in anticipation]

For Christmas I want Sarah Sutton (not a cut-out standee, I want the real Sarah Sutton)!!!!

One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

was in Tesco - today and I saw remote controlled Daleks on sale these were youe mega king sized ones I don't know how big they were but at a rough guess they must of been around 2ft in hight costing £100.

I want the last About Time book. I find them interesting and entertaining, especially spotting all the bits they get totally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowUK View Post
    It's cheaper to get than you think - all you need is a reel of gaffer tape, a bottle of chloroform, and a bit of patience outside the stage door ...

[I'm expecting Ali to start doing this once she runs out of people to have pictures taken with, she calls it taking her fandom to "the next level". I think she's already started soundproofing the ceiling in anticipation]
    Taking "Can I kiss Peter Davison" one step further...

WhiteCrow Guest

Taking "Can I kiss Peter Davison" one step further...
    Who wants to kiss Peter Davison when you can **** Nichola Bryant!

er don't think your misses, would be to happy if you bought a life size cardboard cut out of Nicola Byrant .

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    er don't think your misses, would be to happy if you bought a life size cardboard cut out of Nicola Byrant .
    Why settle for a cutout, when I have a perfectly soundproofed garage down the road?

Of course if Nicola should go missing in the run up to Christmas, I will be deleting these entries like mad.

Mind you Mrs Crow was convinced at one point that Sophie Aldred was my ex, and it's like "just a coincidence" I saw her again recently in Newbury.

I'd like to kiss Peter!

Quote Originally Posted by Zbigniev Hamson View Post
    I want the last About Time book. I find them interesting and entertaining, especially spotting all the bits they get totally wrong.
    My copy is in the post apparently.

And a life size Nicola Bryant would go down* well with me.

*Lets see who gets to reply first?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently;80712[SIZE="1"
    *Lets see who gets to reply first?[/SIZE]
    We wouldn't dare!