Right I think it's time to have a Regina Spektor thread on this site ... even if it dies a death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regina_Spektor

I first found out about her earlier this year when I heard one of her songs on Radio 2.

The first thing which struck me about her was her voice, quite simply one of the most beautiful I think I've ever heard. To me it's like listening to crystal glass, it has a clear and smooth quality to it which seems at times to reach straight to your heart.

Her catalogue of songs is certainly interesting. Behind the angelic voice, there are dark themes in almost all her songs, and occasionally some very bat arsed tales which make you wonder just how sane she is - for example "Reading Time With Pickle" which is about a woman who falls in love with a jar of pickles. Erm. Quite.

Alas it's very much an "either love or hate" thing. About 1/4 of the songs are the kind of intense emotional aural experience you're desparate to share with someone you love. Alas as fate would have it, Mrs Crow hates em all. So I'll have to listen with headphones for a while yet.