Default Strange and Morbid Findings

Well, not so much "findings" but more of a sort of strange realization.

William Hartnell died when he was 67. Patrick Troughton also died when he was 67. Jon Pertwee died when he was 76.....

Anyone else notice that 6 and 7 pattern?

Tom Baker is currently 73. Let's keep our fingers crossed he doesn't follow this strange pattern. I doubt he will- he's Tom Baker dammit!!!

This just reminds me of that curse in music where all the great muscians supposedly die at 28.

Pip Madeley Guest

I hope Tom is with us for many years to come. It saddens me to think of all the Doctor Who people who are now in their 'twilight years' and who we will inevitably lose within the next couple of decades.

Its very depressing indeed. Tom is just such a character, I love watching his interviews. And he's just such a genius on Little Britain.

It's all true. Science proves it.

76 and 67 are death.

6+7=13.

7+6=13.

13 is an unlucky number.

1+3=4. 4 is an unlucky number in Chinese because it sounds like the word for "death".

Death is one of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Of which there were 4.

It's uncanny.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

WOW

Thats very interesting. Wait a second, what are the names of the other horsemen? i always forget. Its like that Young ones episode "Famine, Pestilence, Death...and...the other one"

Pip Madeley Guest

Famine, Pestilence, Death...and Ian Levine.

"Death's scythe and hooded robes were due to be thrown away the very next day, but thanks to me they were saved" claims one of the horsemen...

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingBeastie View Post
    Its like that Young ones episode "Famine, Pestilence, Death...and...the other one"
    War is the one you've forgotten. Have you never watched Red Dwarf: Gunmen of the Apocalypse!? Shame on you.

I always thought it was Ethel. Death, Famine, Pestilence and Ethel has such a lovely ring about it, don't you think?

Note to self: Tom Baker-esque lunacy is best done by Tom Baker.

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    It's all true. Science proves it.

76 and 67 are death.

6+7=13.

7+6=13.

13 is an unlucky number.

1+3=4. 4 is an unlucky number in Chinese because it sounds like the word for "death".

Death is one of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Of which there were 4.

It's uncanny.
    On a more serious note, the 4 and 8 are the "numbers of fate and destiny" in Chaldean Hebrew Numerology (the only system that I'd say has any validity- check it out). 13, however, is the 'number of power' and is not an unlucky number at all. That belief is very much a relatively modern occurance...all interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    War is the one you've forgotten. Have you never watched Red Dwarf: Gunmen of the Apocalypse!? Shame on you.

I was too busy pissing myself laughing at Rimmer doing the Spanish clapping dance

Pip Madeley Guest

Rimmer goes into the Last Chance Saloon...

"Dry white wine and Perrier, please... and what about you two chaps?"

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Baynes View Post
    On a more serious note, the 4 and 8 are the "numbers of fate and destiny" in Chaldean Hebrew Numerology (the only system that I'd say has any validity- check it out). 13, however, is the 'number of power' and is not an unlucky number at all. That belief is very much a relatively modern occurance...all interesting stuff.
    I did quickly check it out. I can't see any reason why this should have any more or less validity than any other sort of numerology (which would be none whatsoever in my eyes )

Numerology is cobblers, and anyone who disagrees with me shall have the number 27 painted on their foreheads (and we all know what that means!)....
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

Captain Tancredi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Famine, Pestilence, Death...and Ian Levine.
    It'd have to be a bloody strong horse, that's all I can say...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post

And then, of course, there's the fifth Horseman - Ronnie Soak (ref. The Thief of Time by Mr T Pratchett ....)
    Bazinga !