Thread: The X Factor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The X Factor

Vote Same Difference!!!!!

Noooooooo!

Vote Rhydian!

(I don't know the phone number for him though alas).

I really do like him too, I haven't really watched The X-Factor until now, but the crazy welsh lad has got me back in to it. God knows how Hope are still in the running though, nor dull Leon for that matter.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Same Difference and Rhydian are through!

Yippee!

Yay! I can't believe that Beverly got voted out when Hope were so godawful though (especially that last song, which'd be weak at a karaoke pub), why Sharon didn't vote to save her despite previously praising her is really odd.

I hate to say it Dave, but I can't see Same Difference lasting too long, they're quite fun but they don't seem to be hugely popular apparently. The worrying thing is that I can see the target audience voting for Leon to win the show in the end, and Rhydian will probably only take third place.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

As it happens Alex, I think Rhydian will win. Leon will get the Scottish vote and will do well. Same Difference will also be in the top three. You say they are not hugely popular, but they have yet to be in the bottom two. I also know Sean quite well so am very biased.

I was just thinking Alex that exactly a week ago we were probably having a lovely chat. It brings back nice warm feelings, in particular about the heroic story of how you got injured. Can we have an online cuddle?

I was just thinking Alex that exactly a week ago we were probably having a lovely chat. It brings back nice warm feelings, in particular about the heroic story of how you got injured. Can we have an online cuddle?
    I know! I was thinking the same thing earlier, and last week seems ages ago now. And an online cuddle would be lovely And we definitely need to have more than two meets a year I reckon too!

As it happens Alex, I think Rhydian will win. Leon will get the Scottish vote and will do well. Same Difference will also be in the top three. You say they are not hugely popular, but they have yet to be in the bottom two. I also know Sean quite well so am very biased.
    I hope you're right, I was judging it mainly by what I read on the Digital Spy forums...but then there are some very scary people on that forum!
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Actually, I think the the last three will be Nikki, Rhydian and Same Difference. I'm too scared to look on Digital Spy!!!

Or maybe the Scottish vote will win and it will actually be Leon, Ryhdian and Nikki.....

Who knows?

Hope will leave next week!!

I think this years contenders are dire. Leon looks like a rat and sings and looks almost exactly as well as Ray Quinn, which would be less of a criticism if the world didn't already have the recently-dropped Ray Quinn, Rhydian is a bizarre looking opera karaoke act and Same Difference are a freaky, sexless Sonny and Cher pub act. They can all sing to some extent, but do we really want any of them as pop stars?

I think the world needs to realise that real talent is more likely to be discovered by itself than by endless rounds of making people with decent voices do karaoke for a public vote.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I think this years contenders are dire. Leon looks like a rat and sings and looks almost exactly as well as Ray Quinn, which would be less of a criticism if the world didn't already have the recently-dropped Ray Quinn, Rhydian is a bizarre looking opera karaoke act and Same Difference are a freaky, sexless Sonny and Cher pub act. They can all sing to some extent, but do we really want any of them as pop stars?

I think the world needs to realise that real talent is more likely to be discovered by itself than by endless rounds of making people with decent voices do karaoke for a public vote.

Si.
    Otherwise, I'm guessing you are a huge fan of this years show?

I don't watch 'The X Factor' for that very reason - hear, bloody hear!

Rhydian is a **** of the highest order. A bullet in the head would really improve his voice.

Apart from that, I agree with Si Hunt.

That is all.

Yay, Rhydian's through to next week despite being pretty dodgy this week, and yay because Same Difference are too, which'll no doubt make Dave happy.

Sharon was quite obviously drunk tonight too, which made it more the more fun to watch...if she carries on like this, I expect her to be completely out of it in the final episode, and swearing like a crazy person. I'm hoping that'll be the case, anyway.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

We're voting for Seat Leon.

I'm still looking forward to Simon Cowell's death.

The Same Difference lady is worth a pop.

Leon? LEON?

It make-a no sense-a.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I agree, I honestly thought he would be third..... In fact, to be honest, I thought the final would have been SD, Rid and Nikki.

My flabber is well and truly gasted!

He's a talentless little Hun lovin' ****. Never happy to see a Rangers/Old Firm fan win anything.

Leona??
    Leon????

Will it be Leo next year?

Well I thought he deserved to win!

Rhydian is just wierd and the other two were always destined for kid's TV.
    Last edited by Antony Cox; 16th Dec 2007 at 9:37 AM. Reason: My spelling is also a bit wieeered

Rat boy won!

What's the point? He's just Ray Quinn. And no-one wants him.

I still think Rhydian will be the real winner, stationed in the Katherine Jenkins/Russell Watson part of the market, and by the look on his face when they announced the results, he knows it too.

Maybe using the phrase "I know it's expensive but please vote" wasn't the best way to persaude the British public to dial in?

Leon is doomed. People like a nervous young man in a suit singing Marvin Gaye songs on a Saturday Night, but I fear they are less likely to purchase music by them long-term. He'll never make it from one Mothers Day to the next.

Si.

He's just Ray Quinn. And no-one wants him.
    I have to disagree.

He's far more than Ray Quinn ever was (and perhaps is ever likely to be) - Ray was a boy and Leon is most definitely a man (albeit a young one), and whilst RQ was never happy or as good outside of his comfort zone, Leon has proved that he can sing in other styles too and thus is fairly marketable, though I think his heart will always be in the music he loves (and I hope he does too, to be true to himself and because I happen to be a huge fan of that sort of music anyway).

I'm not saying he'll be the next Robbie Williams (in terms of success) but I think he has some mileage in him at least.

And I understand why you say "what's the point?" but to be fair, logic can have very little to do with who wins these competitions (Michelle McMammoth?).

I agree with Si Hunt!

Leon proved in the final that he does have a good singing voice, but he nvere cut it for me as a performer. He always looked terrified and that e very step and move was planned, which of course they were but it should not appear as such.

Time will tell!

Si.

It always does!