Thread: Thin Lizzy

Pip Madeley Guest

Default Thin Lizzy

I'm shocked and appalled that we've not had a Thin Lizzy thread on the new PS yet!

Any fans of Phil & co? I've been giving the Live And Dangerous DVD a generous playing over the last few weeks, they really rocked live didn't they? Brian Downey is a real drum ledge. Wish I could've seen 'em.

Wayne Guest

I quite liked Thin Lizzy in my rock days, but i was never mad on 'em.
    I always thought Lynott was a bit of a boring vocalist, & an average to fair bassist, but i agree with you about Brian Downey. One of my fave tracks of theirs was 'Bad Reputation', which has some top drumming.
    Guitar-wise they had some good players through their ranks. Gary Moore is probably my fave, but mostly for his non-Lizzy material, like 'Coloseum II' & his 'Still Got the Blues' album. Similarly, Brian Robertson was a bit more wild on 'Another Perfect Day', his one album during his brief stint with Motorhead, but then Motorhead are that kind of band.
    Difficult to say which was my fave album. I tended to like certain tracks. Some fave ones would be:

'Rocker' - Superb stuff from original guitarist Eric Bell. :wayne
    'Bad Reputation' - Great riff. Great drums.
    'Waiting For an Alibi' - Very poppy, but iressistably catchy.
    'Still In Love With You' - Brian Robertson's finest solo on 'Live & Dangerous'.
    'Massacre' - It just rocks!

Can't stand 'Whiskey in the Jar'.

Pip Madeley Guest

Can't say I have much time for 'Whiskey' either.

Never thought I'd utter that sentence

My fave tracks have to be Thunder And Lightning, Jailbreak, The Rocker, Still In Love With You, Sarah and of course, The Boys Are Back In Town. I love the guitar harmonies.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    My fave tracks have to be Thunder And Lightning, Jailbreak, Still In Love With You, Sarah and of course, The Boys Are Back In Town. I love the guitar harmonies.
    'The Boys are Back In Town' is good, yeah. Classic Lizzy, & some nice chords.
    'Sarah', i think is tecnically a Lynott solo track, but since most of Thin Lizzy are on it, i dunno why he didn't just say in was Thin Lizzy anyway. Nice sweet track though, if you're in the mood.