Thread: Supernatural

Default Supernatural

Anyone been watching this show? No idea what channel it's been on, but I'm know it's been shown over here. Strikes me, from reading up on it, then it's very much a Torchwood-type show. I bought the first half of season one today, and I get the feeling that I'm gonna hate Torchwood as a result, cause this American show is doing what Torchwood is failing to do.

We'll see.
    I am out there... somewhere.

I watched most of the first series (it was on ITV2, repeated on ITV1 late Sunday nights) and thought it was very good. I might get the DVDs when it gets a bit cheaper.

It's not really Torchwood like though - more like Buffy meets early Xfiles in that the two sons have very different attitudes to their lives, and there is no support from the authorities, and there's lots of travelling from one hot spot to another.
    Its a very slick US series and very New Series like in its mixing of action with emotional issues.

Looking at IMDB the second series is well underway in the US so I'm hoping that we may get it over here in the New Year (unless Sky snap it up )
    Bazinga !

Watched the first episode, and it was great. When I say it's what Torchwood should be, I mean the content and the way it doesn't shy from playing things properly. The first episode was pretty spooky ****, with some great ideas and dialogue.

Yes indeed, the first eight episodes of season two have aired over here. As much as I loved the first season, I have to say the second season has been better... the second half of the first season was where the show really started to shine. I think the first half of season one suffered from the fact that they weren't sure the show would be given a full season and so they didn't get the story arc's going until the second half.

It's the only show on television other than Doctor Who that I watch religiously, which shows just how highly I think of it.

I can see why, Jeff. I'm only two episodes in, but I'm loving it already. And it's got to be said, Sam and Dean are very shaggable.

Just don't start writing 'squeee' all over the thread...

Hell no. One thing that got right on my tits at OG. ****ing squee everywhere.

Watched 'Dead In the Water' last night, which featured the wonderful Amy Acker (Fred, from 'Angel'), which was a nice surprise. Another good story. And the very brief image of that kid looking up out of the water was well spooky!

Ah, yes. That was a great episode.