Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I watched Hustle(the comic book one),the very first reel of the surviving first episode of The Avengers,Hot Snow-very dark and no Steed,more of Twin Peaks series 2 and likewise Stargate Atlantis

I've watched 2 episodes of Reaper, which is getting better and Ray Wise is a lot of fun it, plus an episode of the rather damn great 30 Rock, plus 2 King of the Hills which were superb as always, and one slightly melodramatic but still fun episode of Smallville.

I'm not going to be a happy bunny when the effect of the writers strike really kicks in in a couple of weeks time
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I'm not going to be a happy bunny when the effect of the writers strike really kicks in in a couple of weeks time
    They're kicking in already

With the last episode of Pushing Daisies on tonight, pretty much everything I watch is finished now (aside from Journeyman next week, which I'm not sure I'm going to bother with since it's now been cancelled).

At least there are the last few episodes of Prison Break left in the new year, as well as whatever they've already made of Law & Order...
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

I'm a bit behind in watching some stuff, so I've still got new episodes of Smallville, 30 Rock, Family Guy, American Dad, Journeyman (which I love, but yeah, the future doesn't look good for it), Nip / Tuck, Pushing Daisies and Chuck to watch, but by the New Year I'll probably have caught up with everything and then I'll have to...*shudder*...rely on British tv to entertain me...Which it really hasn't been doing much these days
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Pip Madeley Guest

I'm watching the Clive Anderson Talks Back with Peter Cook... what a talent.

The Avengers-Girl On A Trapeze-it's a different show without Steed,good stuff however

Aquaman,the pilot(and only) episode which I won on ebay

We watched a documentary on "Planet of Evil". Life force dying, life force dying...

The best bit was Tom's bizarre assertion that "I always felt at home in jungles... I still do."

Si.

I watched some Tom too last night, in the form of the last episode of 'Strange', in which he guests as a blind priest. Also watched The Mighty Boosh ( at Tony Harrison/Fleetwood Mac).
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Damn I keep forgetting Boosh is on.

Yesterday I had a commentary day.
    I watched The League of Gentlemen Christmas Special with commentary.
    Castravalva with commentary
    and the first episode of Firefly with commentary. All were very interesting and amusing.

Pip Madeley Guest

I'm watching a few "ITV Christmas Comedy Specials" to get myself in the festive mood...

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    I'm watching a few "ITV Christmas Comedy Specials" to get myself in the festive mood...
    And they wonder why Christmas has the highest suicide rate....
    Bazinga !

Wayne Guest

Apart from my regular Corrie fix, there's usually not much on the telly that interests me, but skimming through the TV Guide, there's actually a few films on this week that i'm going to watch and/or record.

Sunday

Closer - Channel 5, 9pm.

Could be worth a few stars on the pervometer? After seeing 'V for Vendetta' a few months ago, i'll try anything with Natalie Portman in it, & i've seen the screencaps of the pole dancing scene.

A Man Called Horse - BBC1, 11.45pm

Good Western starring Richard Harris. Not seen it for years.

Monday

Pan's Labyrinth - Film 4, 9pm

A Spanish fantasy/horror that's been recommended by a friend.

Solaris - Channel 4, 11.55pm

Not that boring Russian film, but the re-make with George Clooney. I've never seen it, so i'm gonna check it out & see if it keeps me awake more than the original version did.

Thursday

Hide & Seek - Film 4, 9pm.

Psycological horror/thriller starring Robert De Niro. Never seen it, but could be worth a pop.

er...... that's it.

Pip Madeley Guest

Wayne Guest

@Pip!

Pip's obviously got nothing to watch today.

You missed out Corrie though.

Nice one Pip

and yes those tits are definitely very saggy!

Hehe, that's superb Pip!

I bought Closer for 50p on dvd a month ago or so, but haven't got round to watching it yet though I hear it's okay. Apparently Portman did go fully naked for some scenes, but the director Mike Nichols cut them out of the film, the evil b'stard that he is.

And I though Pans Labyrinth was only okay, but most people I know absolutely loved it. I think it's best to go in to it as a film which is fairly reality based, with only some fantasy elements, as I was expecting a much more bizarre film than it is.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Pip, you're a real star.

Yes, Natalie Portman does make 'Closer' worthwhile.....

Over the weekend, I finally started on 24 Season 6, which has started ok. Managed the first four episodes, with ep.4's ending being quite a "whoah!" one! Not sure how that will affect what's to come.....
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

We watched "Jessica's First Christmas" the first "Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em" special. It was a bit long and unfocussed, to be honest.

Si.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    Yes, Natalie Portman does make 'Closer' worthwhile.....
    She did indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    Over the weekend, I finally started on 24 Season 6, which has started ok. Managed the first four episodes, with ep.4's ending being quite a "whoah!" one! Not sure how that will affect what's to come.....
    I meant to start this a couple of weeks ago, but i never got round to it because i had a new influx of horror films that jumped the queue. It's gonna have to be after christmas now.

I've been watching The Moon Stallion(well the first half anyway),full of atmospere and surprisingly dark in places,notable for Sarah Sutton who's better in this then she was as Nyssa most of the time

I watched the first part of the BBC's new 'Oliver Twist' earlier - it wasn't bad, but it didn't hold my attention as I thought it would. Alan Bleasdale's version from a few years ago was better.

Wayne Guest

Surprising non-perviness there from Dave.

How dares you! Only 56.8% of my posts on PS are of a pervy nature, I'll have you know!