Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

Translated into English:

"Oh look at how cool I am, with all these DVDs that I haven't even watched because I'm so cool and awesome. Bet you wish you had as many as me. Well you don't, so nerr."

Last night I watched Mistresses (g/f's choice!), Shameless ep.3 (caught out by the twist ending), and 24 S6 Ep.7. Very disappointed with that, found it very predicatable & guessed both of the 'major' surprises (Jack's dad being a baddie, and Morris being the guy they needed for arming the devices) very early on. I hope it's only a blip & things pick up.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Translated into English:

"Oh look at how cool I am, with all these DVDs that I haven't even watched because I'm so cool and awesome. Bet you wish you had as many as me. Well you don't, so nerr."

You've probably bought more discs than that since Christmas!

Konnie and Zöe in their swimming gear/going down the waterslide in yesterday's Blue Peter is an early contender for "Top TV Moment Of 2008"!

http://img130.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_827lo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Two Pints Live was fantastic! They all handled it well & it was nice to see Natalie Casey give us an eyeful...
    And Kathryn Drysdale for that matter! Bless Bliss.

I'm not a fan of 'Two Pints...' but I just thought I'd give it a try, just out of interest (yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking....) and I actually thought it was pretty funny, and they all did very well, especially Sheridan Smith - she is so talented, that girl, they should get her in proper-telly-Who now!

Anyway, I watched it on the BBC's new iPlayer, and, although not normally a fan of watching television on a computer screen, I have a feeling I may be making much use of this service.

Watched the first 20-25 minutes of RTD's interview with Mark Lawson, thoroughly fascinating stuff. Shame he's so annoying on Confidential!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I watched Fantastic Four:Rise Of The Silver Surfer tonight (thanks, Wayne) I enjoyed it more than I did the original, I agree Wayne the London Eye sequence is really good...one of the highlights of the film for me. The biggest problem with this film, imo, is that it doesn't seem to know whether it wants to be a serious piece of drama or a comedy...it tries too hard to be a bit of both, and that's it's biggest downfall. They've got the interplay between the characters just about right but the film is just too lightweight for the subject matter. Great special effects, though. 6.5/10 is just about right for this one.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MacNimon View Post
    I watched Fantastic Four:Rise Of The Silver Surfer tonight (thanks, Wayne) I enjoyed it more than I did the original, I agree Wayne the London Eye sequence is really good...one of the highlights of the film for me. The biggest problem with this film, imo, is that it doesn't seem to know whether it wants to be a serious piece of drama or a comedy...it tries too hard to be a bit of both, and that's it's biggest downfall. They've got the interplay between the characters just about right but the film is just too lightweight for the subject matter. Great special effects, though. 6.5/10 is just about right for this one.
    You're welcome Mac. I'm glad you liked it, although i agree it's a bit too lightweight. That's one of the reasons i preferred the original just slightly, as it seemed a tad darker. But there's not much to choose between 'em - I'd give the first one 7/10 possibly 7.5, against 6.5 for FF2.
    On average 7/10 for FF, against 7.5/10 (on average) for the X-Men films, but Spidey is my fave in the superhero genre with an average of 8/10 for the Spiderman films. Maybe even 8.5.

Even Spidey 3?
    Geoff

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by enzo1701 View Post
    Even Spidey 3?
    I've never understood why everyone has such a down on Spidey 3. I really like it!

I know what you mean to be honest.

I semi-enjoyed Spidey 3, but lackde something when compared with Spidey 2. But I know how you feel because I personally don't see what the problem with Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions as I thought they were as good as (better than?) The Matrix.
    Geoff

Everyone knows Catwoman is the best superhero film closely followed by Batman and Robin

As to what I've been watching,more PCBH,more Sapphire And Steel,Primeval,Torchwood,Moving Wallpaper/Echo Beach,Aussie Open Tennis and I will be starting Star Trek Deep Space Nine tonight

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by enzo1701 View Post
    But I know how you feel because I personally don't see what the problem with Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions as I thought they were as good as (better than?) The Matrix.
    I'm not a huge fan of The Matrix films personally. They're ok in a throwaway kinda way, but not really my bag.
    I agree though that sequels can be better than the 'mother' film. For example, i like '28 Weeks Later' better than '28 Days Later', 'Return of the Jedi' better than 'Star Wars', & II, III, IV, V, VI, better than 'Star Trek: The Motion Picture'.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I've never understood why everyone has such a down on Spidey 3. I really like it!
    Well I've got no like for any of 'em - I'd rather watch The Motion Picture anytime

Paul and I were chatting about that on Thursday, I'm sure it received really good reviews when it got released, but now suddenly there seems to be this big backlash against it which doesn't make any sesne to me as I thought it was the best of the trilogy.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    I'd rather watch The Motion Picture anytime
    You're welcome to it!

I enjoyed all the Spidey films, I love the Motion(less) Picture and I have been watching Inspector Morse, Red Dwarf and One Foot In The Grave (season1) recently!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I love the Motion Picture
    Well there you are, a man of taste even it's a bit limited

@ Ralph!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    it's a bit limited
    Surely he's talking about the Motionless Picture, not you're taste Si.
    Mind you, he's being kind there! What a snorefest it is! I only bought it for the extras.

I watched it over xmas, and didn't think much of it, tbh. There were too many plot-stands & I didn't think it could make it's mind up what story it was telling. Add to that some attrocious acting from Toby whatsisname, and I thought it was the worst of the three.

I watched Fantastic Four last night (recorded from C4 over xmas), and really quite enjoyed it. Just the right length to stop it from ever get boring, although the casting could have been better, imo.

I'm a Spidey 3 fan too. I don't see whats wrong with it apart from the hurried addition of Venom.
    Anyway last night I watched Harry Hill's TV Burp which still manages to be funny.

Aye, that Tv Burp episode was one of the best yet too, imo, who'd have thought that the best comedy on right now is on ITV on Saturday night.

I'm watching Jeremy Kyle right now on ITV2...At first he was quite nice to the guest (a girl who shags around and isn't sure who's the father of her baby), but now, shockingly, he's getting all shouty!

Edit: Best quote so far "Did they not teach you in jail what a condom is?"
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I've just shed my first milky of 2008!

Konnie's final live Blue Peter has just finished. No more Konniejiggles!

There's also her "last ever" BBC web chat after tomorrow's "Konnie's Best Bits" show. Should be worth a look.

I've just watched X Men 3 and thoroughly enjoyed it. Okay it does try to pack a little bit too much in to the running time considering everything that happened in the previous two movies, but I didn't mind that so much as I'd prefer a fast paced movie to a slow one, and the last forty minutes were brilliant I thought - exactly what I want from a superhero movie with lots of epic battle scenes and cool effects that looked convincing for once.

I thought it was the best of the trilogy infact (Indeed I really don't think the first is that good at all, but it seems I'm in the minority on that one), and would love to see another sequel, even if that currently doesn't look too likely. It might lack depth a little but I don't care as it's just a really fun and enjoyable romp, and I'd rate it 8 / 10.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."