Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast

Default The Worshipping the Great Glass God Thread Mark 2

So... what are you watching on the goggle-box, eh?

You - Will - Tell - Me! You - Will - Tell - Me!!!!!!!!!!

The penultimate episode of Heroes S1, 'Landslide'. Another really enjoyable 45 minutes, even though I again guessed a few of the 'reveals'. Nice to see such a high death count on major(ish) characters.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Pip Madeley Guest

Recently:

Steptoe and Son - The Christmas Specials
    Ab Fab
    (series 3)
    QI (latest episodes)
    Family Guy (latest episodes)
    American Dad! (latest episodes)
    Never Mind The Buzzcocks (latest episodes)
    The Mighty Boosh (latest episodes)
    Dawn French's More Boys Who Do Comedy (latest episodes)
    How I Met Your Mother (latest episodes)
    The Sarah Jane Adventures: The Lost Boy
    Still Game
    (series 6)

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Wayne Guest

All other viewing bar the final Dracula film is temporarily suspensed for S6 of '24'.

Over the last couple of days I've watched the final episode of S.6 of Curb Your Enthusiasm, which was bloomin' fantastic, with the ending being the best so far, plus Heroes, which has been a little uneven but still all good fun. And also this...

The new Futurama movie, which is absolutely brilliant stuff!
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Wayne Guest

Bah! I've just found out that i missed a chance to get Anna Friel & Michelle Williams down on disc, as 'Me Without You' was on tv the other night.

I've got that if you fancy it Wayne, it was something I picked up at a car boot sale for a quid a while back, I've no idea if it's any good as I haven't watched it yet, but if you do want to see it just let me know.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I've got that if you fancy it Wayne, it was something I picked up at a car boot sale for a quid a while back, I've no idea if it's any good as I haven't watched it yet, but if you do want to see it just let me know.
    I've got an old off air video recording of it, but if you've got a dvd of it, i'd like to 'borrow' it, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    i missed a chance to get Anna Friel & Michelle Williams down on disc
    Is that a euphemism?

I saw 'Me Without You' a couple of years ago, and it's not a bad film, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    All other viewing bar the final Dracula film is temporarily suspensed for S6 of '24'.

Oh dear.

Dear oh dear.

Prepare to come away underwhelmed and disappointed
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

Wayne Guest

I haven't started it yet. Too much on. I'll be starting it it tomorrow. I bet it's not that bad. Some said that about S4, but still liked it.

I didn't really see what the problem was with S.6, but I know there was a bit of a big fan backlash about it, with the producers now promising that S.7 will be quite different. I enjoyed it anyway, and raced through it at quite a pace.

I've been watching more Journeyman, which is turning out to be an excellent series, so it'll come as no surprise that it looks unlikely that it'll get a second series Still, at least the network has promised they'll show all of S.1, as it was looking like they might not bother at one point.

I've just got in to Friday Night Lights too, which despite being based around American Football is surprisingly good, and I also watched Ricky Gervais' latest stand up dvd last night, Fame, which I quite enjoyed, but it's a frustrating thing because sometimes he can be genuinely funny in a laugh out loud way, and at other times he relies on taking the p*** out of the disabled / minorities in general which just disappoints...
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I didn't really see what the problem was with S.6, but I know there was a bit of a big fan backlash about it, with the producers now promising that S.7 will be quite different. I enjoyed it anyway, and raced through it at quite a pace.

I've been watching more Journeyman, which is turning out to be an excellent series, so it'll come as no surprise that it looks unlikely that it'll get a second series Still, at least the network has promised they'll show all of S.1, as it was looking like they might not bother at one point.
    Perhaps it was because I was watching it weekly (so the story dragged on and on) but the problem I had with Season 6 was that

It started amazingly well with the nuclear explosion, and then it just kept going in circles, filling in the various 24 clichés, and the bizarre reveal that Jack's brother was the bad guy behind Season 5, not to mention his dad just happening to be evil as well. Then to cap it off we had the ludicrous Chinese storyline where official representatives of China happily commit crimes on US soil, and there's next to no repercussion.

Still, given that when they do 24 well it's excellent I'm willing to give them a pass and hope they learn from their mistakes for Season 7

I've been watching Journeyman as well, and it's a shame it's not been doing too well in the rating - although at a base level it looks like a Quantum Leap copy the story arcs within it have been coming along very well. Still, with the strikes threatening the pilot season for next autumn, coupled with the fact NBC gave in and are broadcasting the final 3 episodes leaves me with hope that they might give it a second season based since they have nothing else to show.

At the moment, thanks to being stuck at home I'm finally going through Farscape properly (last time I watched it I got up to a few episodes in Season 3 and never finished it) and I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would - I remember watching the pilot episode back when it was first shown on the BBC and dismissing it as a Blake's 7 ripoff

I'm taking a short break from DW, after the glut of dvds recently, and have gone back to ST:TOS, watching Shore Leave, Squire Of Gothos & Arena. All a bit "meh" really.

Also watched an episode of Strange (from the Sci-fi Channel), which wasn't as great as I remember it being.

Oh, and caught up with ep.3 of the new Mighty Boosh last night, great stuff!! Gary Numan!!!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Culley View Post
    Perhaps it was because I was watching it weekly (so the story dragged on and on) but the problem I had with Season 6 was that

It started amazingly well with the nuclear explosion, and then it just kept going in circles, filling in the various 24 clichés, and the bizarre reveal that Jack's brother was the bad guy behind Season 5, not to mention his dad just happening to be evil as well. Then to cap it off we had the ludicrous Chinese storyline where official representatives of China happily commit crimes on US soil, and there's next to no repercussion.

Still, given that when they do 24 well it's excellent I'm willing to give them a pass and hope they learn from their mistakes for Season 7
    Yeah, I think watching it all really quickly helped, as if there was a weak episode I'd just watch another straight afterwards.

I know what you mean about the great start, but I enjoyed the rest of it most of the time, however implausible it got. I love the actors who played his Brother and Dad as well, so didn't mind that it was all a bit obvious that they'd turn out bad.

I've been watching Journeyman as well, and it's a shame it's not been doing too well in the rating - although at a base level it looks like a Quantum Leap copy the story arcs within it have been coming along very well. Still, with the strikes threatening the pilot season for next autumn, coupled with the fact NBC gave in and are broadcasting the final 3 episodes leaves me with hope that they might give it a second season based since they have nothing else to show.
    I'm absolutely loving Journeyman, and I really hope that the final episode at least answers some of the questions that the series has posed, but I'm not too optimistic about it getting a second series...

I watched the final episode of volume 2 of Heroes last night, and well, like the ending of the first volume, it was a bit underwhelming, and I can't believe Sylar escaped yet again (especially as they could of used Molly to track him down). Still, I'm hoping the strike will give the writer's to come up with a more satisfying volume 3, and that they work on improving the dialogue as well...
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Wayne Guest

Pervehound alert for Film 4 at 11.15 tonight.

(Wish You Were Here)

I'm absolutely loving Journeyman, and I really hope that the final episode at least answers some of the questions that the series has posed, but I'm not too optimistic about it getting a second series...

I watched the final episode of volume 2 of Heroes last night, and well, like the ending of the first volume, it was a bit underwhelming, and I can't believe Sylar escaped yet again (especially as they could of used Molly to track him down). Still, I'm hoping the strike will give the writer's to come up with a more satisfying volume 3, and that they work on improving the dialogue as well...
    From what I hear, the final episode of Journeyman is designed to act as a conclusion, so I'm going to assume it will answer some questions, but possibly open things up for future episodes (since when it was done I assume they were hoping for a 'final 9' episodes to give a full-length season).

With Heroes, I enjoyed the finale, but perhaps the fact the season as a whole was disappointing meant a good episode looked a lot better than it was At least Tim Kring has admitted they made some mistakes with the season, and want to improve on it. Still, it's going to be a long 9 months until Season 3 (assuming the strike negotiations don't improve)...

Started S2 of 'Heroes' last night, an ok start. Also watched a bit of this week's 'Ugly Betty', which was pleasing to see Eliza Dushku from Buffy guest starring in!

Where are you watching season 2? Which channel?

The "by special means" channel.......

Oh, I see. That channel.

Pip Madeley Guest

I'm watching:

What a great musical score by Danny Elfman.

And a great film

Ive started seasons 2 of Hustle(its very watchable) and Twin Peaks,plus the last ever Stargate SG-1,freeing me to continue with season 1 of Stargate Atlantis

Last night I watched an episode of 'Strange', directed by (I think) Joe Ahearne, and by the looks of it, filmed a few hundred yards up the road from The Goose pub in Walthamstow!!