Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

In that case, Tim, I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you...

I know, I'm hoping that her experiences with the Doctor over Christmas will have mellowed her, and help her to turn the volume down.

Currently watching (and I mean right now...) Chuck vs the Truth (episode 7).
    Geoff

Wayne Guest

Whilst travelling to & from my folks for xmas, i listened to the whole of Dalek Empire 4, the latest from Briggsy, starring Noel Clarke.
    'Twas good, but not up there with 1 & 3. But almost as good as 2.

Quote Originally Posted by enzo1701 View Post
    Currently watching (and I mean right now...) Chuck vs the Truth (episode 7).
    Oops misread the thread header... Not exactly Who (sorry)
    Geoff

Oh thank goodness for that, Geoff - I've been racking my brains trying to work out what story that was your nickname for.

Perhaps it's 'The Ambassadors Of Death'? Maybe Carrington's first name is Charles, or 'Chuck', and throughout the story, he's fighting the 'truth' that the Aliens are really not that bad after all, until things come to a climax in episode 7?

Is that convincing enough...?

Pip Madeley Guest

No.

Anyway, I thought it was 'Doctor Who And The Silurians'.

I watched Enlightenment and The Kings Demons last night.

Enlightenment is better than I remembered, and The King's Demons is dull even at 2 episodes.

just watched The Runnerway Bride, supprisingly it's the first and only time I have watched it since it was shown last christmas day..

I don't find that surprising at all strangely enough

Me neither, considering it's a Christmas story and there, like, hasn't been a Christmas since last Christmas (?!?)

Si.

And it'll be 366 days before we get another one.

Just watched The Happiness Patrol. It was a good episode and I'm finding McCoy's years severally underrated.

Well said - The Happiness Patrol is one of the jewels in Doctor Who's crown (poor production values notwithstanding) and I love it. That sequence where the Doctor says, "So this represents six months of Helen A's handiwork - a list of the disappeared" and sends the scroll of names rolling out into the street, is superb.

Personally I've been having a bit of a tidy up, and have finally got around to properly labelling up a load of off-air videos from the past few years. So over the last day or so I've watched the very start of most episodes of Torchwood, the end of the sex-monster episode; the start of Whatever Happened to Sarah Jane? part 2, and The Lost Boy part 1; the last 15 minutes of The Story of Doctor Who, a snippet of TEOTW, the superb goodbye scene from TUD, and most thrilling of all even after all this time... the original, "Trip of a lifetime" trailer!! Fantastic.

not watching Who at the moment, but rewatching Series 1 of Torchwood, as I got the boxset for Christmas!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I am now up to "Invasion (of the Dinosaurs)", but after watching Jurassic Park films the last 3 nights on the trot, I can't quite face it at the moment for some reason.

I'm sure Jonno will wholeheartedly approve when I say that I watched the first episode of The Talons of Weng-Chiang this afternoon.

Had a friend round to watch Voyager of the Damned last night, and since she wanted to see more Who (new series fan who's not seen much of the original series), we pulled out The Caves of Androzani (since she wanted more Davison after Time Crash), and The Rescue so she could see some Hartnell
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

So what did she think? Or don't we want to know?

I'm sure Jonno will wholeheartedly approve when I say that I watched the first episode of The Talons of Weng-Chiang this afternoon.
    Oh wholeheartedly, sir! Though I'd be chomping at the bit to see the rest of it!

I've had a little stall on S16 and have decided to put Pirate Planet off until next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    So what did she think? Or don't we want to know?
    She enjoyed them (although my wife fell asleep during Androzani - I think the Rescue worked better since it was a shorter story!

Still, no doubt once Series 4 starts she'll be over again to watch them, so I'll try and sneak in old stories as well...
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

Just watched Silver Nemesis. Not as bad as people say it is, although its quite sad that THAT is the last real Cyberman story I MISS THE OLD CYBERMEN!!!

I hate the new ones with their C's on their chests and the stupid tiny voices. Hopefully they'll bring them back for real and not as parallel world baddies. I like my Cybermen with the huge clunky heads and the David Banks booming voices- Oh, and the way they die is just classic- they really need to bring them back.

(If you haven't noticed by now, Cubermen are my favorite Who baddies lol) C'mon, you can NEVER say "DALEKS" in a dramatic as a tone as when you say "CYBERMEN"

Pip Madeley Guest

C'mon, you can NEVER say "DALEKS" in a dramatic as a tone as when you say "CYBERMEN"
    Pertwee managed it at the end of "Planet of the Daleks" episode one... Hartnell also did a pretty good job in the first episode of "The Chase".