Default Robo Guitar Tunes Itself!

Gibson's RobotGuitar is an amazing new invention (although things like this have apparently been around for longer). From The Register:

Legendary guitar manufacturer Gibson is reporting plenty of interest in its self-tuning Robot Guitar.

The technical details of how the axe keeps the strings nicely in tune - via pitch-monitoring bridge, CPU, and servo-motored machine heads - is available.

All the guitarists among you need to know is that it boasts six preset tunings and the ability to tune a new string within seconds. Inventor Chris Adams explains: "The only thing you have to do to start is pull the knob, strum the strings, and when everything on the display is blue, you are done."

The Robot Guitar is available in a limited edition from Friday for $2,499 (list of dealers worldwide here).

According to the Telegraph, anyone wanting to get their hands on one had better move quick, since Gibson Guitar chairman Henry Juszkiewicz has said: "We expect it to sell out within hours on Friday, and have been taking reservations for orders as fast as we can answer the phone lines."
    It's the latest gizmo gadget that we'll all have on our guitars in 10 years time. Although there's no news yet if Cher is going to have something similar fitted to her vocal chords.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Hurrah! I hate having to re-tune, especially as I'm tone-deaf. This could re-ignite my interest, if someone wants to get me one.

Si.

This will be the death of music...

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Hurrah! I hate having to re-tune, especially as I'm tone-deaf. This could re-ignite my interest, if someone wants to get me one.

Si.
    You can get an electric tuner for less than £20, Si!