Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    There's one exception to my 'don't do xmas cards' thing.
    My ex g/f's mother in Holland still sends me a card every year. (We split up nearly 6yrs ago!) I keep waiting for her to stop sending 'em, but i haven't the heart not to send one back each year.
    Ahh... I always wondered what the Holland connection was

WhiteCrow Guest

A friend of mine has been off work for 3 months, and returned to work this week. I had a long personal chat with him yesterday and found out he'd been suffering from depression. I seem to have come out in a mild version of Christmas blues from it, which just seems a bit silly really. But I think like so many others I feel like I'm borderline going down with flu, which doesn't help, and my head is hammering like, well a hammer ...

It was our last day of work yesterday. Did they let us finish early? Did they ****!

A little over nine hours until I officially start my christmas shopping. Planning to leave the house at 9:20am, hit Ayr by 10am, Glasgow by 12:30 and Edinburgh by 4pm. Should be home with loads of tat round about 9:40pm.

That only leaves a quick visit to the Spar round the corner on Christmas Eve.

Job's a good 'un.

I'll be taking a big list with me...

just like the old guy I saw wondering around M&S with his "Big Christmas Shopping Spreadsheet" the other day. * we could do with a "doff my hat to you" smilie*

Pip Madeley Guest

Milky's trying to look cool but I've outdone him - mine starts on the 27th.

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Milky's trying to look cool but I've outdone him - mine starts on the 27th.
    Pah! Ive been so wrapped up in my Civil War Studies Im with Oliver Cromwell and thinking of banning it ...

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowUK View Post
    Pah! Ive been so wrapped up in my Civil War Studies Im with Oliver Cromwell and thinking of banning it ...

you know what Mike , I can see a similarity in looks between you and Mr Cromwell

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    you know what Mike , I can see a similarity in looks between you and Mr Cromwell
    Ah - but I've been using an over the counter remedy for my problem warts.

It's a shame Oliver Cromwell isn't alive today, as think how he could cash in,

"Hello, Oliver Cromwell here."

"When I've the time between Regicide and campaigning in Ireland, I like to spend a little time on sprucing myself up for God and country. And thanks to St John's patented treatment, the only "warts and all" I have to endure is on my portrait, here comes the science bit ..."

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowUK View Post
    Ah - but I've been using an over the counter remedy for my problem warts.

"Hello, Oliver Cromwell here."

"When I've the time between Regicide and campaigning in Ireland, ."
    and keeping those pesky Scots in order..

Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    steve is that that ballball hanging from your ear -

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Ahh... I always wondered what the Holland connection was
    I thought you already knew my ex-g/f was Dutch.
    Anyway, i'd also been to Holland a couple of times before i met her. (Although i've never been to Amsterdam itself, where is where most people seem to go) It's just got such a different feel to the UK, & all in a postive way. The people are so incredibly open, friendly, & polite compared to here. There's an underlying culture of tolerance & respect that you just don't get in the UK. The streets are clean, the laws are sensible, & the music scene is far less image/media driven, & far more eclectic.
    You don't realize how shit the UK is until you go somewhere else like this.

Sounds like a good place to check out Wayne - I have been to Amsterdam once on a business day trip so only saw the insides of a building mainly but I did get to meet some dutch air stewardesses

Pip Madeley Guest

Only 11 and a half months to go!

Well's it always good to get prepared early

So what was the best & worst things for you this past Christmas?

Sorry, are you looking at me or just anyone?

Everyone. But no one's biting.

It's that time again folks... how are your Christmas preperations going?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

We've got most of our presents, and the card address labels are done. I'm waiting til December for pressie wrapping and card writing as it seems wrong to do it before. And decs go up this weekend.

So we're well ahead! I'm determined not to be pushing my way round Tesco in the week before Christmas!

Si.

Well, after a big push yesterday, the cards are all written and ready to be sent. Most of the presents are bought and wrapped (thanks to Steve's marvellous wrapping skills) and we're almost, nearly there now. Almost!

The tree is decorated and the house has been tinselled!

How are the rest of you doing?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

The tree went up weeks ago! I like the tree. I've bought a few presents, will do the rest this week

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Well, after a big push yesterday, the cards are all written and ready to be sent. Most of the presents are bought and wrapped (thanks to Steve's marvellous wrapping skills) and we're almost, nearly there now. Almost!
    Unlike some promises about "one big push", I believe you when you say your cards and present buying will all be over by Christmas ...

Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

I'm done. I haven't got my parents much, that's the only thing, but they've given me nothing to go on. Worse, my Mum had a birthday a few weeks ago which snaffled up her only suggestion. Neither of them say they want anything and both are completely unenthusiastic and unforthcoming about giving me ideas, so perhaps I should just leave it at the token presents I have for them? I still feel bad though as they are my parents and do a lot for me.

Everything is else is done, done, done from tree and cards to presents and decorating. I'm just enjoying the season now. Or else what's the point?

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I'm just enjoying the season now. Or else what's the point?
    I'm feeling like that - ready just to relax into it. And for us it feels like a wierd Christmas, but one we're really looking forward to
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......