Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

All my shopping is done and arrived (ahhh the wonder of internet shopping), and I got my cards done yesterday. The tree went up last night.
    Now just need to finalise the menu for Christmas day - have started getting the food in bits and pieces for the last couple of weeks, but a big shop due at the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Neither of them say they want anything and both are completely unenthusiastic and unforthcoming about giving me ideas, so perhaps I should just leave it at the token presents I have for them? I still feel bad though as they are my parents and do a lot for me.
    Si.
    One tirck I've used before with rellies that its difficult to know what to get is to put together a Christmas Food parcel - a few special items that they're unlikely to buy themselves, a nice bottle of something, and if we've been enthusiastic, something homemade like choc truffles or sweets or chutney or biscuits.

I've received the same in the past, and its surprising how nice it is to have little special pots of goodies to open over the Christmas week and beyond.
    Bazinga !

My Mum always asks for M&S vouchers, which I try and avoid (or at least get her something else on top) but she's so difficult to buy for as she doesn't have any hobbies bar playing bridge (and she already gets about a million packs of cards each crimbo). This year was easier though, as she spotted the most hideous fleece I've seen, with a large picture of jumping dolphins all over it, but she seems to love it.

I've still got to get about half my presents, but plan a big shop on Friday that will hopefully finish that off, and then bar the odd card that'll be it done for me. I'm more concerned about the NYE party I'm hosting to be honest, as that'll take a lot more organising. I mean, do you know how much pole dancers charge on that night alone?
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    This year was easier though, as she spotted the most hideous fleece I've seen, with a large picture of jumping dolphins all over it, but she seems to love it.
    If that's her taste - I hate to think of the sweater she's probably got for you!
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

It's snowing in Central London!

Si.

It's snowing here too!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

No snow here...

That's cos you Northern Pansys can't take real man's snow like wot we have in da Saaarf.

Snow in Basingstoke and the locals are getting outside and DECKING every single snowflake.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

for obvious reasons last year I just wanted to forget aboout christmas but this year I decided that I really needed to make an effort and celerbrate it properly. So the other week I went over to a local garden centre and bought an artifical tree some lights and tinsel and put them all up in my own little converted sitting room. And I have to say that with the tinsel drapped over the pictures on the wall and with the tree lights on the curtains closed the rooms nice and warm with my comfy arm chaire it's a nice cosy little room.

Any way all my shopping is done just have that awfuly horrible job of wrapping the pressies now.

I quite enjoy wrapping presents, but it does seem to go on and on... I think we must have wrapped 20 presents so far this year.

The worst ones are the cuddly toys.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    I quite enjoy wrapping presents,

carefull now I might just bring all my preasents along on sunday and get you to wrap them..

It'd be worth finding out if they're doing the gift-wrapping service in town this year.

I don't mind wrapping. I tuck all the corners away and make sure it's all neat and tidy. The worst thing is the selotape - I must have spent as much time wrapping as picking at it to find the end! And horrid bits of selotape in your mouth! Ugh!

Si.

I got a tape dispenser this year. Worked really well. I still needed Simon to hold down the paper though.

A good tip is to wrap on the floor and tuck the folded down wrapped present under the toe of your slipper, applying gentle pressure to hold it in place while your hands are then free to tear off a bit of sticky tape!

Si. :mobile

Presuming you have slippers, of course...

Slippers are fab! Too late to drop a hint for Crimbo?

Si. :mobile

Ah no, slippers are not for me.

Once you give 'em a try, you'll never go back! Your feet will be so warm and cosy! And they'd really suit you too, I reckon. One of those enormous absurd pairs with a fluffy Polar Bear head on each foot.

Trust me - for a better tomorrow.

Si.

Our local Woolworths-equivalent has a load of Doctor Who videos on offer for $15 each (about £6). I've been dropping some hints. Then in fear she'd get the wrong ones, just handed them to her (Destiny of the Daleks, The Invasion, City of Death).

I could probably have bought all the ones there. I ummed and ah'd between Time Warrior and Four To Doomsday. I don't think I've ever seen Four To Doomsday all the way through. Is it any good? I went for Time Warrior, as I remember it being my favourite Pertwee story.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Our local Woolworths-equivalent has a load of Doctor Who videos
    I heard the first few DVD players were starting to come across to New Zealand in the new year?

By "videos" I did actually mean DVDs ... whoops!

It was so cold today! My face was numb! Trouble is, I can't wear a hat or it would mess my hair up.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Welcome to my world.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    It was so cold today! My face was numb! Trouble is, I can't wear a hat or it would mess my hair up.

Si.
    And that's why the ever fashion conscious Neanderthals died out
    Bazinga !

"Not hat people are you? Either of you? Wear them much I mean?"

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.