Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

December will be magic again!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

We got the tree and the decs out of the loft last night and the wif and kids will be putting it up tonight. I personally feel it's too early and as a result I conveniently don't get to take part. It's a job I hate anyway and am happy to get out and put away each year.

Xmas shopping is about halfway done and the wife keeps nagging me about what I would like. But, I just don't have any ideas this year.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

The tree is up, most of the Christmas cards have been written and sent and I've done most of my present buying too. This might just be the most organised Christmas ever! Well on my part, anyway...

Si xx

We've not had time to do the tree yet. This might be the latest we've ever put it up.

There just aren't enough hours in the day at the moment.

Where are the massive, OTT Christmas Light displays? This time last year, Bracknell was stuffed full of parachuting Santas, waving snowmen, brightly coloured trains and blue LEDs as far as the eye could see.

I don't know whether it was the credit crunch or what, but all I've seen this year are a few lights in the windows. Come on people!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Parachuting Santas and waving snowmen? Dunno about blue LEDs - sounds more like a lack of one type of LSDs over another...

well in my little sitting room i've put my tree up and my naught kitten has already managed to pull it over at least 4 times.. it's going to be a bit of a quiet christmas day as it's only going to be me my mum and brother. My sister is spending christmas day at her own home and will be coming down to us weather depending on Boxing Day. They were saying on the local radio this morning it could well be a white christmas which I hope it isn't as nice as it will be to see my sister, brother in law and nephew I don't want to get stuck with them for days because they can't get back home.

I may just have saved Christmas... well Boxing Day anyway!

Si xx

Congratulations - have an OBE!

Don't be too hasty with the awards, your Majesty - He was only able to save Christmas because it was himself that was threatening it in the first place!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Well pardon me for wanting to see my family this Chritsmas!

Si xx

Sorry dear - I am delighted that we can now do both events. It's excellent news!

Si xx

Well I'd give him one anyway! What the Queen wishes to do with him...

Read what you will into that lot!

Oh my!

Si xx

I'm new and confused! It says "Coutdown to Christmas" but the numbers next to it are counting up! Im pretty sure up and down are different... What's happening??

Uh... the thread was started a year back, so we're counting how far we are away from Christmas 2009?

Five days till the big one! Better start watching those Christmas Specials.

We're terribly disorganised, but I did finally post some cards today, to all my far more organised friends 'n' family.

We've ordered a whack of presents online, which may of course now present a problem..... I said to Zel we'll just have to do a Margo and say, "Christmas has not been delivered to this house." Actually, we've got nephew's pressie & (most of) Claudia's stuff, so it's only really the adults who might miss out - so I'm not actually that worried about it, they'll turn up eventually...

And, yes, I've been enjoying quite a few Ghost of Christmas Specials Past on GOLD recently. Victoria Wood's one from her As Seen on TV days was on over the weekend, highlight of which (for me) was the very clever Corrie sketch ("That stuck up Ida Barlow, who's no better than she should be - it'll not be too long before she falls under a bus!"). And last week was one of the early Harry Enfield ones - at the time I think bruv taped it and I guess we must have spent that Christmas watching it again and again and again, as so many lines were so familiar ("Who's on the back of your new ten pound note now, Lance? Les Bloody Dennis") as well as the classic "Christmas is Charidee" finale song from Nicey 'n' Smashie.

Oh, and there's a bit of snow in the air too, so that's nice & seasonal.

Just got my first e-mail telling me that the Christmas sales are now on - thank you Play.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    We've ordered a whack of presents online, which may of course now present a problem..... I said to Zel we'll just have to do a Margo and say, "Christmas has not been delivered to this house." Actually, we've got nephew's pressie & (most of) Claudia's stuff, so it's only really the adults who might miss out - so I'm not actually that worried about it, they'll turn up eventually...

I think there's always a risk involved when you order stuff on-line at this time of year apart from the whether causing delays there are other things that can easely go wrong that's why I always order my presents a good couple of months in advance. Anyway the presents are all bought and wrapped up apart from getting the turkey, and a few other bits and pieces every thing seems to be ready. Now we are just waiting on the whether to see if my sister will still be able to come on boxing day we've obviously bought enough food to cater for them but there might be quite a bit of stuff thrown out if they can't make it.

I'm ready, are you?

This morning Im having my nephew and neice round and we're going to be busy making Christmassy things. It's going to be exhauisting but fun I suspect!

Si xx

HAPPY CHRISTMAAAAASSS!!!!!Eve.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    HAPPY CHRISTMAAAAASSS!!!!!Eve.

and to you to sir..

Everything ordered online has turned up (last two parcels arrived today, so we were starting to assume they'd be New Year deliveries now). Everything is now wrapped, the turkey is defrosted, we've bought all the food we're going to buy now.... so all that remains is to tidy up the mess that is our house in time for my parents arriving tomorrow at about midday!!!