Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Just when I was enjoying a quiet evening after an almost annoyingly busy weekend of concerts and church services I've just remembered I need to wrap to stuff for tomorrow.

I'm so looking forward to being back at work and normal tomorrow.

Did the run up to and back from the Midlands today to visit rellies and deliver presents.

Now I've just got the whole week off ( ) to get all the catering sorted out ...
    Bazinga !

This afternoon I was filming an open air (Next to the large Christmas Tree over the road from Central Station) production of the Nativity play by the local Liverpool Homeless Mission. I got a great sequence of shots going over twenty seconds each to give them enough to work with.
    Trying to get a little girl in shot who was the first of the Angels was a beautiful moment as I saw behind what the girl was wearing or pretending to be, but the actual angelic presence was quite strong. As strong as the stink bomb that was dropped at the start of the concert and as strong as the smell of cannabis at the end of the show.
    Merry Christmas all on Planet Skaro!

The countdown has begun in the Morgan household. I've finished work and it's time to relax, although I was up early this morning as I was expecting Mary Berry to come and mix a Christmas cake. That's now in the oven for four hours. Delia Smith paid a visit three weeks ago and made her cake, that's in a tin languishing in brandy, that'll be well oiled when it comes out to be iced later today.
    I've also had the Hairy Bakers in, I've a nice cheese and onion loaf in the breadmaker, that'll be three hours, but the smells coming from the kitchen remind me of Christmases of old. Looking forward to later when they all come out.

You'd think I'd have been fed up with Christmas carols and songs by now considering I've been singing White Christmas virtually every week since July thanks to being in the Irving Berlin show last month but I really enjoyed my debut as a chorister at St John's Loughton last night for the Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols.
    There was a noticeably smaller number of choristers than the combined choir we had for the Sawbridgeworth service on Sunday evening but it was still a lovely occasion.
    I also read the first lesson from Genesis chapter 3 and got complimented on well it had started off the service by one of the priests afterwards.
    Suffice it to say I have agreed to sing at the Midnight Mass on Saturday night

Beware the rubble outside the church then - The Lads are flytipping again, and have decided to provide the Midnight Mess.

Just about to head off to spend the afternoon in the company of the lovely Si Hunt who is then accompanying me to Shepperton to see episode 2 of Red Dwarf X being recorded

Hope you all have a lovely Little Christmas Eve! (as we Scandinavians call it)

Have a great time this afternoon Richard!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Woo! Sounds like great fun - have a good time!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Finished work early

Therefore putting the finishing touches to Uncle Nyder's Christmas Eve Games night (although my nieces will insist on calling me Uncle David!) On the menu this year:-

Picture Quiz
    Three Little Words
    Drawing Quiz (that's done by my Mum so that I can actually take part in a game)
    Dice games including Drop Dead, Shut The Box, Pig & Going To Boston

Who'd have thought a cube with numbers on could provide hours of entertainment!

Well, everything is wrapped, everything has gone to the people we're not seeing and we're off shortly for Polish Christmas... I think the countdown is over and Christmas has begun!

Awaiting arrival of nieces and sister, so yep Christmas about to start here soon too! Have a great Christmas PS members - it's been a blast being on here in my maiden year :-) x

had to go down to Tesco, this morning and was surprised at how quiet it was ..

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    had to go down to Tesco, this morning and was surprised at how quiet it was ..
    HUH!!! our local ASDA has been absolutley packed most days this week. My sister went at 5 o clock one morning and was queing up for the car park When we went Viv tried to keep a disabled car space and was almost run down by this rude bloke who kept edging into her, as a a car had drawn up by the side of me I couldn't get out to rush to her aid so that is something that was reported, but conveniently it wasn't on camera.
    Anyway, by now everyone will be ready for Santa's visit, so I'll just wish one and all a very Merry Christmas and I'll see you the other side of Boxing Day. We're off to friends tomorrow for Christmas Lunch which will probably take up most of the day but I won't miss the Doctor tomorrow evening, enjoy that, and the day. God bless you all.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Happy Christmas to all here on Planet Skaro!
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Happy Christmas from New York everyone!

This year's an especially special one for me and my folks as we've JUST relocated to a lovely building in a wonderful neighborhood. Yes, everything's still in boxes and we don't have any proper furniture as yet to fill all this new found space for ourselves, but we got the tree today (first time in over 11 years due to the prior living situation we had) and for the first time in a very long, long time everything is going great for us.

And to all of you and yours, I hope you experience the same kind of joy and elation as we are this Christmas

Good health & cheers,

G.

Happy Christmas, PS. Have fun with widows, wardrobes and whatever else takes your fancy this year.

Merry Christmas to everyone on PS.

Happy Christmas everyone! Hope you all have a truly lovely, happy day today x

Merry Christmas one and all!

yep and it's a happy christmas from me to.

Merry Christmas Everyone! Hope you've all had a fantastic day!

It's time to re-start this thread.

I'm already buying Christmas presents for my family and got my hands on my Christmas decorations (that I stash away at the beginning of the year).

How are your Christmas preparations coming?
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

I thought about getting a jumper the other day.

It gets a little chilly in the apartment in the morning because the air-con in the corridor cools it down. Now that we've dipped below 30 degrees every day, there's a hint of cold about the place.

No evidence of Christmas over here though!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!