All my shopping is done and arrived (ahhh the wonder of internet shopping), and I got my cards done yesterday. The tree went up last night.
Now just need to finalise the menu for Christmas day - have started getting the food in bits and pieces for the last couple of weeks, but a big shop due at the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
Neither of them say they want anything and both are completely unenthusiastic and unforthcoming about giving me ideas, so perhaps I should just leave it at the token presents I have for them? I still feel bad though as they are my parents and do a lot for me.
Si.
One tirck I've used before with rellies that its difficult to know what to get is to put together a Christmas Food parcel - a few special items that they're unlikely to buy themselves, a nice bottle of something, and if we've been enthusiastic, something homemade like choc truffles or sweets or chutney or biscuits.

I've received the same in the past, and its surprising how nice it is to have little special pots of goodies to open over the Christmas week and beyond.