Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowNZ View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen Four To Doomsday all the way through. Is it any good?.

simple answer no -

Altogether now

One more day of school, one more day of sorrow,
    One more day of that ol' dump and I'll be home tomorrow.

And if the weather does what it's supposed to do, I may not even have to go in tomorrow either
    Bazinga !

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Once you give 'em a try, you'll never go back! Your feet will be so warm and cosy!
    'Tis true! I've got slippers with a New Series Dalek on them, and if smoebody stamps on my left foot hard enough, you get to hear Nick Briggs shouting "Exterminate"! It's brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Masters View Post
    Altogether now

And if the weather does what it's supposed to do, I may not even have to go in tomorrow either
    Only a half-day for me!

And then, christmas shopping in the afternoon. Let's see...bubble bath for mum, hair restorer for dad, a computer drawing tablet for sis, and a cuddly pig for other sis! I'm ready for anything!
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

I wish I was related to you. What would you get me?

Si. :mobile

Tis true! I've got slippers with a New Series Dalek on them, and if smoebody stamps on my left foot hard enough, you get to hear Nick Briggs shouting "Exterminate"! It's brilliant!
    I had a pair of those last year (worn out by now though) and also a similarly-chatty lunchbox. I used to say that every time I made them speak it was another 10p for Nick Briggs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Masters View Post
    Teachers and their extended holidays!!!

Yeah my son broke up yesterday, and the radio is full of "School's out for summer", and he's not going back now until February!
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Have you hit the beach yet this Christmas? How's the Jingle Bell Cheer at the height of summer?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Oh today is our office Christmas - we're going around the bosses house for a BBQ. Only the weather's not looking too promising yet. I biked the bay home yesterday and it was really nice. Wellington is kind of more a harbour/bay over beach - there are beaches nearby (Eastbourne) but not managed a day there yet. The weather keeps oscilating between brilliant sunshine and rain. It only seems to rain when I've got a day off - so my vision of New Zealand as shaped by the Piano is kind of spot on so far ...
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I wish I was related to you. What would you get me?
    Hmm...maybe a couple of episodes of The Web of Fear that I've been saving for a special occasion?

...Oh, who am I kidding?

I'd enjoy them. But I'd be thinking of "Fury from the Deep".

Si.

Well now you're just straying into the realms of fantasy and the impossible.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Oh today is our office Christmas - we're going around the bosses house for a BBQ. Only the weather's not looking too promising yet. I biked the bay home yesterday and it was really nice. Wellington is kind of more a harbour/bay over beach - there are beaches nearby (Eastbourne) but not managed a day there yet. The weather keeps oscilating between brilliant sunshine and rain. It only seems to rain when I've got a day off - so my vision of New Zealand as shaped by the Piano is kind of spot on so far ...

reckon it's going to feel very strange for you celerbrating christmas day on what could be a hot sunny summers day

Thanks Larry - I hope you find a little bit of cheer this year. I know last year was overshadowed by the loss of your father, and it must cast a sombre shadow still this year.

Now that our building work is done, and we have the kitchen & bathroom back, we're finally starting to think about Christmas. Tomorrow morning we're off hunting for somewhere that hasn't already sold out of trees, and then it's cards and if she's really lucky, I might even think about getting Zel's present...

We're off to brave the shops in London shortly for the last of our shopping and to hear Rob Shearman read from his new book, Love Songs for the Shy and Cynical.

If anyone fancies meeting up with us, give me a shout- we're in London all day!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Thanks Larry - I hope you find a little bit of cheer this year. I know last year was overshadowed by the loss of your father, and it must cast a sombre shadow still this year.

thanks - it dose but it's helped by having my 5 year old nephew staying over christmas eve and day. As well as losing my dad a close friend of my mums whome she's known for 40+ years aloso died this year and the year before a cousin died and the year before that my Uncle died. I've attended 4 funerals in the last 3 years so I would just like to get through a year without having to go to any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Tomorrow morning we're off hunting for somewhere that hasn't already sold out of trees, ...

good luck to you thge garden centres will probably have a few left but chances are you won't have to many to chose from.

I'm off out in less than an hour to my sister's for the next few days, so just wanted to pop in and wish you all a merry Christmas!

Have a great time Jonno!

Si.

The last preps are being made- we're breading carp, preparing a rabbit hutch for transportation to Croxley and I'll be packing away the rpesents that are being taken to various homes this Christmas shortly.

All accompanied by lovely Christmas music. Quite frankly, we're festive here!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

well all my pressies are wrapped i'm sitting next to my tree the lights are on and the i-pod downloads on my computer is currently playing rocking around the christmas tree by mel smith and kim wild.

Is it Christmas time soon?

362 days, Dave

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Best start putting up the decorations then!

...Oh, who am I kidding?

The girls at work are carrying out an audit of our Christmas decorations. I told them not to put any up yet, it's only November!

Our family have already had the Polish Christmas meal - Wigilia, which we usually have on 24th December. It was brought forward this year as my Aunt and Uncle will be in Australia over Christmas.

I haven't done hardly any Christmas shopping yet! Perhaps it's time to tell everyone they're too old for presents?

How are your Christmas preparations going?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!