Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Does Going Postal have a sequel yet?
    Yes it does: it only came out in hardback last year, and it's called Making Money. I haven't got round to reading it yet, but the rough plot is that Moist has been put in charge of the Ankh-Morpork Mint. With any luck, Terry should, within a couple of years or so, bring out another sequel, the working title being Raising Taxes. Doesn't take a genius to work out what that's going to be about.

Thud! is an excellent book, I agree. In fact, most of the City Watch sub-series of DW books I'd reccommend, particularly, in order of publication, Men At Arms, Guards! Guards!, Feet Of Clay and Thud! Mort's also a good read.

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    Yes it does: it only came out in hardback last year, and it's called Making Money.
    D'oh! I'll have to look out for that one.

The problem is as much as I love Terry Pratchett, I don't collect his books or buy anything of his. I tend to get his books to read from my local library and they are usually about 2 years behind at least.

Somehow I always feel a bit of a cheapskate for using libraries to get books!

Somehow I always feel a bit of a cheapskate for using libraries to get books!
    B...B...But... THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE THERE FOR!!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I'd have to agree with Mr Wallis there - I'd also add Nightwatch and Carpe Jugulum to the list of Sam Vimes centred books.

However, if you want more of a laugh, try one of the witches books, like Maskerade, or Soul Music.
    Bazinga !

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    B...B...But... THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE THERE FOR!!

Si xx
    On that thought ... watch this space ...

There's an audio adaptation of Mort on BBC7 each night this week (started Monday but available on Listen Again) - just listened to Part 1, and not bad at all.

Actually, just found this link here which details the other things which have been on / are coming up.
    Last edited by Jon Masters; 30th Apr 2008 at 6:02 PM. Reason: More information
    Bazinga !

Well opinion was divided over Going Postal among the ladies at my book group. Half of them adored it, thought it was clever and funny and enjoyed the satire. the other half thought the names were too silly, didnj't get what was going on and either found it annoying or hard going. I thought it was something of a triumph to find several of them who actually enjoyed it!

It was quite a fun meeting for the book group though as the half who loved it tried to get the half who didn't to see their point of view. I'm not sure they suceeded, but it was great fun watching them use their powers of persuasion, and to see them chuckling when they talked about the funny bits or the bits they really enjoyed. It makes it all worthwhile.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.