Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

Default Torchwood on DVD

Cover's a bit boring...

Boring & predictable really. It's up for pre-order now.

Yes please

Jack's enormous! I thought the show was actually about Gwen, paticularly in the early episodes?

No Suzie either

What also bugs me slightly is that they got 5 episodes on one DVD. It could be the biggest faux pas since BBC Video released The Daleks (7 episodes) on one video cassette, exposing years of rip-off 6 episode double cassette releases!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    What also bugs me slightly is that they got 5 episodes on one DVD.
    It's spread over two discs, and has quite a few extras too.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Are they planning to release it as one set later though?

Cover's a bit boring...
    Agree completely. They could have had more of an action style shot to the cover.

The cover doesn't get across the feel of the show.....it should have featured Jack standing on top of a very high building, or the Scooby Doo van.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    The cover doesn't get across the feel of the show.....it should have featured Jack standing on top of a very high building, or the Scooby Doo van.
    Does that make Owen the Shaggy character?

Shaggy or shagging?
    I am out there... somewhere.

Surely 5 episodes is better value than the initial Who vanilla releases, which put 3 episodes of the same length in each release?

I like the cover! It's moody and smart. Much better than having a bloody great unartistic divide with a great bank of cheap looking roundels and a bleached pink photo montage beneath!

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Clement View Post
    Does that make Owen the Shaggy character?
    I'd been thinking something along these lines recently. Jack is obviously Fred, the upstanding sensible one, Gwen can be Daphne, with the air of glamour, Tosh is like Velma (bespectacled, studious, intelligent), Owen has a casual scruffy sort of quality that could maybe pass muster as Shaggy, which means that Ianto is...er, Scooby...yes, well it breaks down a bit there of course...

That said, if they ever do an episode where Ianto distracts Owen so that he can swallow both the three foot high sandwiches they're about to eat, or one where Ianto and Owen both temporarily flummox a monster by pretending to be doormen/hairdressers/chefs, or one where the villain turns out to be an old caretaker in disguise, or when Ianto has a go at amusing them all at the end by dressing up as, and pretending to be, the monster...that'd be good.

That said, if they ever do an episode where Ianto distracts Owen so that he can swallow both the three foot high sandwiches they're about to eat, or one where Ianto and Owen both temporarily flummox a monster by pretending to be doormen/hairdressers/chefs, or one where the villain turns out to be an old caretaker in disguise, or when Ianto has a go at amusing them all at the end by dressing up as, and pretending to be, the monster...that'd be good.

I can picture that!

on another note...

I heard that there was going to be a box set of Torchwood, with more extras than the single releases, but not until the fourth quarter of 2007? Anyone confirm this? (Perry Vale? )

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Williams View Post
    on another note...

I heard that there was going to be a box set of Torchwood, with more extras than the single releases, but not until the fourth quarter of 2007? Anyone confirm this? (Perry Vale? )

Ant x

Yes, I posted that on the old forum before it closed. Got the info from a current trade mag, that had an interview with someone at 2|entertain. It was coming out then (it said) due to the extras they had "sourced". So maybe it's going to have a S2 trailer?

I certainly won't be rushing out to buy this and it will take some thing very special in the final 5 episodes of this series to make me consider buying the box set..

I agree with Larry. Although it might be nice to pick up on this in a couple of years just to see how really good it was. Once the dust has settled and it's not so new.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Wayne Guest

I agree with Larry. Although it might be nice to pick up on this in a couple of years just to see how really good it was. Once the dust has settled and it's not so new.
    Now you've got a DVD recorder, You won't need to buy it.

maybe i'll be the same and wait a year and then get it at a knock down price on Amazon..s

Oh good grief no! I'm sure Torchwood will just mysteriously turn up in the McCow|Hart household on the release day. How does it happen? Where do they come from? Nobody knows.

You'll be lucky to get it on Boxing Day!

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno Simmons View Post
    You'll be lucky to get it on Boxing Day!
    What about Torchwood?

According to the new PS newspage, you'll be able to pick this up for just 2 - great value indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tudor View Post
    According to the new PS newspage, you'll be able to pick this up for just 2 - great value indeed!
    sorted! thanks for pointing out this error, Dave!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

No problem. The page looks very nice by the way.