Wayne Guest

Default Archived EZboard threads

Back when we were about to leave EZboard, we were asked by the Admin if anyone wanted any particular threads saving or archiving or whatever, & i asked for my 're-appraisal' threads to be saved from extinction.
    Just wondering in what shape or form they have been saved, & is there any way for me to access them?

I don't know if anyone else has archived anything, but certainly my plans to write a program to store the threads never happened. However, I was under the impression that there wasn't a time limit on doing it, and that the old PS would remain, even full of ads. It seems to have dissapeared however. Does anyone know why? Do EZBoard delete forums that haven't been used for a few months? It's really not been that long - just over a year, that's all. It's quite annoying if it's all gone.

Si.

The old PS vanished after about six months, didn't it? Looks like most of the old threads were DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!

All my best work was on the old PS.

Wayne Guest

Yes it's been gone a good long while now. The occasion was marked on some thread or other on here. I presume EZboard delete abandoned forums to save their bandwith. A shame for us, but it makes sense really.
    It doesn't really matter if the threads haven't been saved, anyway. It wasn't that important.
    Although, Milky's right. His posts on my old Davison era thread were his best work. You wouldn't believe it was the same chap.

I'm sad we lost the Albums Buyers Guide. That was cool and awesome.

Si.

Lets do a new updated one!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I think that's a great idea Si!

Si.

I thought I'd post on here as anywhere else...

...how many threads can we keep per board? Only I was looking for a couple of season 1 & season 2 threads but I couldn't find ANY from then.

Wayne Guest

I think they all got moved in the big re-shuffle a few weeks ago, if that helps.

While we're on the subject, are there plans to save anything from here when the next big move happens in (things going to plan) October?

I don't know if we'll move in October, Stuart. We might change one of our providers, but I don't know if that means we have to uproot the while board to another location.

The other question, I'll leave for Pip as I don't know the answer.

Si.

Time will tell, Si; it usually does. Thanks for answering.

Wayne Guest

On a similar note, Do we know how many pages in each forum before threads start dropping off the edge & are lost forever?
    I know on the old forum it was 20 pages. It's just that there's a couple of threads i'd like to be saved. Particulary the original Don't Watch Alone thread, which is massive & contains loads of good stuff, but is now closed, so it can never be bumped back up again.

I think that must be what happened to the threads I was looking for. Because they were merged with the 'Original series' threads they've now been lost forever.

As far as I know, there are no limits on how many pages we can use.

Series 1 & 2 threads would have surely been back on the old ezBoard site?

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Pip Madeley Guest

Indeed, we didn't arrive until November 2006. And no, there's no limit. We've got unlimited disc space, the database will just grow and grow.

Dave Lewis Guest

I'm mortified that the Batman-Loses-The-Plot thread is gone forever... without wishing to exaggerate, that was the single greatest moment in the history of the universe.