Thread: Fan Audio

terrycooper Guest

Default Fan Audio

Hello folks!

A friend of mine asked me if I'd help out with a Doctor Who fan audio script. Here is a rough edit with some very dodgy visuals bunged on top, just to avoid a blank screen.

I'm still working on my Tennant, but I think you'll agree, Lee's Daleks are pretty special...

Enjoy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLkMwRpKqSU

Fan audios? Who does that!

Si.

Thats not bad. The only thing I would say is that although you did a brave effort with your Tennant impression it's noticeably not him so perhaps inventing your own interpretation of the Doctor is the way to go. Anyway what happens next then?

Pip Madeley Guest

Mmm I agree about going for your own interpretation... great Dalek voices!

terrycooper Guest

Thanks for the feedback guys. I know its tricky to capture the tennantyness, but when it's done well (think Culshaw's Tom Baker) it's a real treat. I've heard a guy in the net who does Sylv McCoy really wellm and another Tom Baker guy and they're both good. So I'll keep tweaking it. If I were to do my 'own' Doctor, that'd be a bit of a cop-out to me, as I could always say, "Oh, he's supposed to sound like that.." to every criticism. Anyway, that said, My own Doctor might emerge in 2008....
    As for what happens next...well the scrip has been written....its rather convoluted and involves a sontaran and some other aliens, but the upshot is...the Daleks have made a big error in their haste.......as usual!

Well keep at it Terry. I'm still not sure impersonations are the way to go but we'll be more than happy to help you hone your Tennant and I'd love to hear the finished product.

Wayne Guest

I thought it was a pretty good stab at it, myself!
    But your mate's Dalek voices are damn excellent!

Talking of impersonating Doctors, you should hear the guy doing McGann's Doc in this. The similarity is uncanny!

terrycooper Guest

Ah, yes...I've heard the McGann one - impressive for an Australian (Andrew Merkelbach, I beleive it is) - yes, I have Children Of The Revolution... I'm also the lead in Altered Vistas forthcoming "Curse Of The Daleks" play. In that I was told to play it like Nick Courtney or the guy who played Tobias Vaughn in 'The Invasion'...low and laconic. Can't wait to hear and see that one!
    Oh, we're continuing to record 'The Dalek Genome' in Jan. That's only a working title by the way!

Wayne Guest

Interesting stuff.
    Must catch up with the latest Altered Vistas VCD's very soon. I'm 3 or 4 behind now.

Pip Madeley Guest

I was looking at their site and noticed they've stopped making them due to lack of reviews and therefore, interest. Not my cup of tea, but it's a shame nevertheless.

terrycooper Guest

Ah - I read that too. I guess I could send Stuart a review or two to help cheer the poor chap up. He really works his ass off on those plays.

terrycooper Guest

Update!
    Curse of the Daleks is ready to be released! I got my advance copy today and it's rather fun!

Wayne Guest

What's happened to Terry? He appears to no longer be a member?

Pip Madeley Guest

Terry asked for his membership to be deleted yesterday evening.

So he won't be in any new audio play then?
    Seemed he only wanted his stuff advertised, but not getting a 'great' response on here decided he was flogging a dead horse. Or that's how it looks to me.

Wayne Guest

How odd.
    I think Tim's conclusion could be an accurate one.

Without wishing to be mean, it's not he first time a new member has joined just to plug their wares....

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Interesting stuff.
    Must catch up with the latest Altered Vistas VCD's very soon. I'm 3 or 4 behind now.
    Me too, I'm really beginning to miss them now. Children of the Revolution was an absolute masterpiece though!
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

Have you tried downloading the Planet Skaro Audios from the main site? They're probably better!

Si.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Have you tried downloading the Planet Skaro Audios from the main site? They're probably better!

Si.
    The Altered Vistas productions aren't audios though. They're Animated/CGI Vcd's.