Default The Hopes and Fears of all the Years

There's a Christmas tale from Paul Cornell in the Telegraph today, and also online at http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main...2/bowho122.xml

It's pretty good, I think.

Thanks Andrew, that is worthy of our own Brief Encounters. May be Paul or someone could copy it & keep it with the others. I've got it on word now.

Really nice Christmassy story.

I'm not sure we'd get away with that, copyright wise. But it is a nice little tale - I notice there's a thread on OG about it, with people complaining that the Doctor must have had two sonic screwdrivers during the story, but I think that's missing the wood for the trees. It's not a story about time paradoxes, it's a story about Christmas and the Doctor, and I actually found it very moving as the years rolled on.

Surely the Doctor that left his Screwdriver on the tree then goes to get his Sonic Screwdriver from his past self in a bit of pick pocketing shenanigans & the Doctor that comes down the chimney has 'lost' his?

And as for copying the story, that's in the public domain surely? It was published on a free site.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    I notice there's a thread on OG about it, with people complaining that the Doctor must have had two sonic screwdrivers during the story, but I think that's missing the wood for the trees.
    Oh dear - I was just coming here to point out how the logic of the screwdrivers doens't work at all....

It is very Christmassy though - although I wouldn't know because I'm dead inside
    Bazinga !