Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1025

I have mixed feelings towards Plan B, musically it sounds great and there's a lot of invention going on there, but lyrically I'm not so sure. Yes, men are sometimes accused of committing rape when they were infact innocent (and this is without doubt an appalling thing), but it's a small minority compared to the amount of cases where it did take place but prosecutions never happen.

It's not just that album though, the previous one was full of songs from a supposed character's point of view which were pretty shocking in their outlook.

Oddly enough, out of all of the bands and singers I've seen in tiny venues, he's the only one who's made it really big - though it was only by chance I saw him, as he was supporting Willy Mason at the Camden Enterprise - but it's a bit annoying as there were so many who deserved his level of fame.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I was taken in by the sound of the music and the great vocals, which is unusual for me as I'm a big one for the lyrics. I didn't really listen to what he was singing about too closely, but will try and give it another listen this week and concentrate on that.
    The bits I heard of the first album I really didn't like at all.

This morning I finally got round to listening to the onbe Elliott Smith album I'd never heard before. It was rather good, but then I would say that.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Rather belatedly I am following up a recommendation from Si- Music Go Music. They're not bad. Thery're obviously wearing their influences on their sleeves- they're a cross between Blondie and ABBA, but there doesn't seem much beyond that at this stage.
    I think it's an album I'll listen to again a few times and see if its a grower perhaps.

Si xx

I had a bit of an old favourite on this morning- Dear Catastrophe Waitress by Belle and Sebastian.
    I wonder if they'll ever do a new album?

Si xx

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I'm back in the 90s today and am listening to The Lightning Seeds.

Things could be marvellous.... soon.

Si xx
    Yaye - "Jollification" and their greatest hits album "Like You Do" have been getting a fair number of plays in recent months, and I need to get round to popping them onto a CD for my car.

Speaking of which, Daft Punk's "Musique - 1993-2005" has turned out to be a good album to drive to, and I've particularly been tapping the steering wheel to "Robot Rock", "Harder Better Faster Stronger", "On More Time" and "Da Funk". Although a number of the tracks on the album feel fairly repetitive and skippable when listening to them at home on the PC, they work well in background while paying full attention to the road.
    We ride tornadoes. We eat tomatoes.

Using Spotify and YT to trawl through my pop memories of 1988.

Just had Blue Monday, and Suddenly by Angry Anderson.
    Bazinga !

Been listening to Fleet Foxes' debut album today - wasn't sure about it at first, but it's grown on me with each play, and have to say it makes perfect summer listening.

I've been giving The Like another seeing to with "Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking?" I understand it now the weather is nicer and warmer!
    Hope to get their second album this year of release and not four years later like I did with this one!

Matthew Jay, "Call My Name Out". First time in a long time that I've listened to this - a great song and a great a singer, who is very sadly missed.

Bit of a / tune to listen to, really - but the genius of it is that it's infectiously cheery enough to overcome the fact the bloke who sung it isn't around anymore.

Oh yes! That's still a superb album and I miss him too.

Did you ever hear the album they made from what he'd recorded before he died? I never got round to getting it. I really should.

Si xx

Did you ever hear the album they made from what he'd recorded before he died? I never got round to getting it. I really should.

Si xx
    I only found out about it today, while looking at his Wikipedia entry. It's had some good write-ups; I'd better look into it, I think.

Let me know what you think!

Si xx

Muse - Black Holes and Revelations.

Typical Muse, dull and bombastic album tracks punctuated by blistering singles. Are they going to do a 'Best of Muse' any time soon?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I dunno why but I always find Muse funny. Their songs make me laugh.

I've been listening to a lot of They Might Be Giants and enjoying it loads.

Muse are a kind of Radiohead lite. Which sounds like a bad things, but as you need prozac to listen to Radiohead I'm not too sure it is.

---------

I have a theory that all the talk in the news about solar flares is causing Crowded Houses "Distant Sun" to be played a heck of a lot in either it's original or badly covered version. And I always think of Si Hart when I hear it ...
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Badly covered? Well of course it! I can't imagine anyone else singing that song.

Si xx

Badly covered? Well of course it! I can't imagine anyone else singing that song.

Si xx
    Cover your ears Si ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arFl_MfdULg

Brooke Frasier is not a bad singer, but some covers just make you really cringe.

I have to admit with the original since you mentioned it a while ago I get to like it a bit more every time I hear it. Which is wierd, cos the song never really registered for me - when me and Colly first hooked up two CDs I remember us listening to a lot were the best of Crowded House and (I think another best of) The Beautiful South.

But generally the Finns get quite a lot of airplay over here. I'm also quite enjoying that "Twice if you're lucky" single as well.

Apart from that it's been a while since I've heard anything on the radio that's really grabbed me. Although in NZ our airplay is very different. I've before gone a bit evangelistic on a song to be told "that song was out like 12 months ago".
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

I'm listening to a bit of Atom Heart Mother by Pink Floyd this morning.

Si xx

I'm listening to a bit of Atom Heart Mother by Pink Floyd this morning.

Si xx
    Snap! Plus I've found out in October the album is... 40 years old!!!
    Roger Waters will probably be too busy talking up his Wall 2010 tour to notice? Thinking about it, Atom Heart Mother has been in my life for 18 years.
    Currently, it's my second favourite after Dark Side Of The Moon.
    But let's not bring back that thread again!
    I really hope we get a 6 Music or better yet BBC Four documentary of this album? There's that black and white footage of them playing it in Hyde Park they could use? Could a documentary be put together in a month? Or will it be a victim of austerity and only get a couple of mentions in the music press?

Sorry, rambled, Atom Heart Mother been listening to over the last couple of days.

La Ross.

Si.

You Could Have It So Much Better With Franz Ferdinand.

Si xx

This morning I listened to Jack Johnson's To The Sea. Also in rotation lateley: Arcade Fire's "The Suburbs", Black Eyed Peas "The E.N.D.", Eliza Doolittle, "High Violet" from The National, and Avenged Sevenfold's "Nightmare".

The Teardrop Explodes - Kilimanjaro (Deluxe Edition)
    Julian Cope - Floored Genius 2 (Expanded Edition)

They're new, but old!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I've been listening to the new album from The Hoosiers- Illusion of safety. It's really good fun popppy stuff.

Si xx

This week I've been listening to the two most recent albums from Phoenix (don't care for the earlier two). I listened to the Iron Maiden album once... don't think I really care for it.

Today I have been listening to the albums from Wild Beasts and The Big Pink. I also have Night Work from Scissor Sisters to check out later.