Thread: It's Snow Joke!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default It's Snow Joke!

Or is it? The weather people have gone on record that Snow is on its way & that the country is going to turn white. So has it for you?

People are already getting in to difficulties 'oop north' with LESS THAN AN INCH OF SNOW!!!!!
    And people are being told not to travel if they don't have to. Who the hell does that!? Who sits around & thinks, "It's snowing, I think I'll go for a drive!"
    So what is it with this country? 1cm of snow & we collapse in a heap of stranded cars, vans & lorries.

So have you had snow? Are you having travelling difficulties? Are you travelling when you don't need to?

Lets hear all about it.

We watched the doomladen forecast last night, and as my Dad was due to travel back to the Midlands today we made sure he got away early to avoid the worst of it.

It snowed here from 11:27 to 11:31, and none of it stuck.

What I really need is at least a foot to fall between 3am and 5am on Monday morning
    Bazinga !

Pip Madeley Guest

People are already getting in to difficulties 'oop north' with LESS THAN AN INCH OF SNOW!!!!!
    That's not very nice is it. It's hardly snowing here, it certainly won't stick. What's annoying is the temperature - I've just walked home from work and I was frozen solid, the temperature must barely be above freezing.

no snow in Berkshire yet!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Nor a few miles down the road, Ant!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

No snow in central London. I noticed in the most recent forecast that the small white blob of snow over the south east has become a series of even smaller white dots, so we may not get any.
    Tabby will be disappointed. She wanted to build a snowman.

Snow in Sheffield. More of a light coating on roofs* and hedges than something that will stop traffic though. I can see the little bungalows nearby are wasting a lot of heat through their roofs* though

*rooves?

I spoke too soon... It's coming down quite heavily here now.

Si xx

Wayne Guest

No snow in Nottingham. Although it's bitterly cold.

It was sunny here earlier, now it's 2.4C on my outdoor thermometer, there has been a few flakes of snow but nothing now . It would be nice to see some proper Snow, I like it myself

Pip Madeley Guest

It's certainly been snowing across the Pennines...

WhiteCrow Guest

Break out the sledge and huskies!

Yay! Flakes of snow have started here agan bit very light at present. I'll keep you posted on further Weather reports

Even though the sky looks full for snow here nothing has fallen. I've been out with the dog this afternoon and it's bitterly cold, and with a keen south eaterly wind blowing in your face, it actually quite stings.
    Snow is forecast for our region, with a little luck we'll get a snow shift out of it.

Well about an hour ago it started falling softly. And that's it, nothing has settled.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I spoke too soon... It's coming down quite heavily here now.

Si xx

hmm there's been no snow in Wokingham...

Captain Tancredi Guest

It's been having a go on and off all day in Leeds- the weather forecaster on Radio Leeds apparently said at about 6.30 that it wouldn't snow and it started about two hours later in the city centre.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    hmm there's been no snow in Wokingham...
    It stopped shortly after I wrote that!

Si xx

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Yay! Flakes of snow have started here agan bit very light at present.

I like it myself
    You can keep it!

WhiteCrow Guest

Everyone in Surrey should be okay - they all buy 4x4's so they can deal with such hazzards as snow, and the occasional hill. Because Surrey is well known for it's treacherous terrain ...

Nothing here yet.

What I don't understand is why the country comes to a standstill when we get a few inches of snow. Look at places like Siberia where the trains and cars keep on running and they must be at least 400 years old! (actual ages may vary)

Particularly when Great Western stops trains for the wrong kind of snow, and the Trans Siberian Railway keeps going through 8 feet of it.
    Geoff

I think it's precisely because we get about one day of snow a year that nobody knows how to deal with it. The authorities don't know how to plan for it or deal with it, for instance they only send out the gritting lorries round here after it's already snowed, despite having had about 3 or 4 days notice that it was likely to snow today. The general population don't really know how to react or respond to it, or how to drive safely in it. I think if we got MORE snow we'd be okay.

Just flakes around here, but The Scottish Sun is predicting eight inches later!

Pip Madeley Guest

The Scottish Sun is predicting eight inches
    Where's Tim when you need him.

Snow's missed us totally. A cold dry night is forecast with some rain tomorrow followed by a milder weekend.