Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How many TARDISi do you have?

Okay... I don't know the plural for TARDIS, but I realised the other day how many of the damn things I have around the house. Well... model police boxes anyway.

If I count the Trial of a Timelord tin, and the old Dapol toy which I presumably still have somewhere, although I don't know where, then I have 9 of the damn things! Okay 3 of them are made of card, but they still count.

Edit: And I've just remembered the old plastic tent version from the 80s which gives you a headache if you stay inside it for more than 5 minutes due to the stinky PVC. That must still be in the loft somewhere so that's 10. It would have been 11 if I still had the old one with the rotating interior to make the action figures disappear.

Pip Madeley Guest

Two New Series TARDIS talking money boxes (one Eccleston/Piper, one Tennant/Piper), one Flight Control TARDIS, one TARDIS Phone Flasher, one similar sized TARDIS from the board game, one Battles In Time TARDIS, one Dapol TARDIS with flashing light, one TARDIS keyring (still in its case) and a tiny Dr Who Adventures TARDIS that fits on top of your pencil.

I don't have any at all.

UM!! I've got a few, I've never thought to count them, at a quick guess I'd say at least six, it might be more, Eccleston money box, Trial tin, a cardboard one in a book I've never bothered making up, two keyrings, a china moneybox which I've had since about 1985 and which serves as a bookend for my Targets............. There might be some more I've forgotten about.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Two New Series TARDIS talking money boxes (one Eccleston/Piper, one Tennant/Piper), one Flight Control TARDIS, one TARDIS Phone Flasher, one Battles In Time TARDIS, one Dapol TARDIS with flashing light, one TARDIS keyring (still in its case) and a tiny Dr Who Adventures TARDIS that fits on top of your pencil.

EARLY CONTENDER FOR MOST PREDICTABLE REPLY OF 2008...

They're all too wide!!

Like most people I have two copies of Trial of a Time Lord in tins but that is all. I used to have the Tardis shaped shaker from some board game or other but haven't seen it for yonks.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Why have we never had a thread like this before? Excellent!

I used to have a Trial TARDIS (Sylvester McCoy was on its dented bottom, for anybody interested) but that's long since gone (plus it was too light a blue IMHO). But enough of living in the past, currently we have:

A cardboard one made up from the model-making kit (it sits on a shelf right in front of the PC)

Two versions of the Battles in Time TARDIS - the original 'trial run' version (which is made from a rather superior plastic and which doesn't have stickers that don't stick on it) and the second version.

A TARDIS keyring which I got for Christmas, and which alternates snatches of the Doctor from TCI with the 'vworp' noise (I love it).

And, probably the jewel in the crown, an old tin money box version with a pic of Tom in the doorway (I don't, alas, have the megarare Davison version to go with it).

And that, as they say, is that!!! (Unless I take some pictures, in which case there may be more to follow!)

Most people have two copies of Trial of a Timelord

Pip Madeley Guest

I don't have one! Tim only sent me the tapes.

Our house is full of them!

14? Si, that beats our 11!

We have:

1 TARDIS tent
    1 TARDIS Tin Moneybox with Tom on front
    1 Trial Tin (With Tom)
    1 China TARDIS money box
    1 Wooden TARDIS made by Paul Monk
    1 TARDIS pen top
    1 TARDIS keyring
    1 Dapol TARDIS
    2 TARDIS from the recent board games
    1 Series 1 DVD boxset TARDIS

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quite a few - I've never counted though. Off the top of my head:

Flight Control TARDIS - by far the best of the bunch,
    New Series TARDIS that had chocolates or sweets in it,
    A Terrible TARDIS money box,
    Trail tin
    Phone flasher (unopened)
    The one from the new series board game
    Not technically a TARDIS but a dinky toy POLICE BOX that I devalued years ago by re-painting it (my Mum looks after it for me now)
    The too wide New Series 1 boxed set TARDIS
    I did have terrible one that was all wrong but I gave it away (Ant Cox may recall it).
    My carboard one was destroyed over the years.

Again not technically a TARDIS but I do have a 'Police public call box' sign above a bedroom door which picked up in from a market stall in York - the bloke didn't get the Doctor Who conection at all when he sold it to me - he thought I was an ex-copper!!!!

Of course for a few days I 'travelled in two sides of a TARDIS thanks to the craftmanship of Ant Cox

I've probably missed one somewhere but that's all that springs to mind at the moment.

Oh I forgot to mention we have The Build Your Own TARDIS (without scissors or glue) book, but the model is unamde (of course).

Si xx

We could push our set up to 14 if we count the 'Make Your Own Time Machine Without Scissors or Glue' (unmade) and the easter egg box that I reckon is still in the loft.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Oh my.

Si xx

Have you ever had the feeling that you've been made redundant?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

We could increase to 15 if we brought Mr Rayner's "Trial" tin back from Peterbrough.

Si.

Could be an infinite regression.

Pip Madeley Guest

I bet Milky's got about 50.

I've just realised what the thread title reminds me of, it's a Morecambe and Wise routine.

"Come on Ern, it's time you did a bit of boasting - how many A-Levels have you got?"

I'm too young to even know who they are.

Si.

Si, what is the tiny, tiny TARDIS at the end of your line? I'm assuming that the second one in is the keyring like what I have got, but what could be smaller than that? Or is it just a keyring on which you've practised block transfer computation to cut it down to size?

It's the sweetest little thing and I think it came out the box for the Big Electronic Doctor Who Game That No-One Has Ever Played. It was a counter or something. There won't be one smaller, unless they bring out the Doctor Who Playset For Ants (actual ants that is, I'm sure there's a playset for Cox and Williams).

Si.

It's sooooo cute!

It's like Carnival of Monsters all over again!!