Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

Default Doctor Who: Consequences

We're very proud to present you with a little New Year treat tomorrow on Planet Skaro - Consequences, a very special minisode from Planet Skaro's series of Doctor Who audio dramas. Consequences is a single scene written by Si Hart, featuring the Doctor (Paul Monk) and Nick (Dave Tudor), which chronologically takes place between the fourth and fifth PS audio adventures, Magical History Tour and Dr Who And The Christmas Gnomes - both readily available to download from the PS website! We think Paul and Dave turn out perhaps their finest performances yet, in a uniformly superb script from Simon Hart.

The minisode will be freely available from tomorrow morning (Monday 7th) - we hope you'll make the effort to download it! And don't forget, plenty more adventures from PS Audios coming in 2008!

It's a really good scene, it works very well. Nice to have a PS audio in the TARDIS.

Well, that was a surprise! I like the console room in the banner

Downloading now...

I've heard it... it's brilliant
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip Madeley Guest

But did you download it?

No I heard it when Si was putting it together. It took ages to get just the right background sound effect for the TARDIS! You'd think it'd be easy to get hold of, but for some reason they haven't put out 5 minutes of 'TARDIS background hum' on CD as far as I know.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip Madeley Guest

Mmm, I was going to add a low TARDIS hum at the end of The Christmas Gnomes when the Doctor opens the door, but I had the same problem.

Trivia, Mr Fibuli, trivia!

I now have a fairly competant TARDIS in flight hum!

Consequences was my first attempt at making a Doctor Who audio. It took me a while and a couple of attempts to get it as polished as it eneded up, but it was definitely worth the effort- even if I can now do the whole scene almost off by heart! I really do think Paul and Dave got the most out of the material and gave really fantastic performances. Thanks guys.

Hope evryone enjoys the documentary too. I tried hard to make it a bit different to the previous ones, hence the slightly longer running time, the guest star narrator and the little PS-ey bits at the end. I hope you'll agree it was worth the effort- and apologies in advance for some of the poor sound quality in the interviews.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Hi,
    I'm a new member to your forums, I have downloaded Consequences and I just have to say it is a brilliant piece of audio as was said at the beginning it just ties things up nicely from Magical History Tour.
    I have caught up with most of you audios from Keepsake to The Christmas Gnomes and They are all fantastic I really like the way you set things out so people can burn them onto cd. I really like the documantories because there are not many fan audios out there that take the time to do them and they are really entertaining.
    Keep up the brilliant work, sorry this is a long reply and I look forward to the next audio.

Hi Chris!

Welcome to PS.

Glad to hear you've enjoyed the PS audios so far. Look out for news soon of some new stories coming later in the year and the other two stories, Echoes of the Prottii and Soap of Fatal Death being made available for downloading soon.

Si xx

Hey, welcome to PS Chris! It's lovely to have someone come on and enjoy the audios with no misconceptions! If you fancy joining in, we always need scriptwriters, actors or incidental music-makers for the next stories!

As Si said, look out for more soon as it's going to be another busy year for PS audio releases!

Si.

I now have a fairly competant TARDIS in flight hum!
    Incidentally, if you ever need TARDIS hums then I would point you towards a certain Mr Clancy who seems to collect them.....

BTW I listened to Consequences last night (didn't even realise it was on the end of the CD! ) and I thought it was brilliant!

Unfortunately the packaging of "Gnomes" (and, indeed, a few of the others) isn't terribly informative with regard 'extras', since the disc layout was still being wrangled over just before burning them, by which time we'd already printed off all the covers!

Si.

By the way, I have all Andrews hums and passed one onto Si as soon as he asked for it, so I'm not sure I follow the comment about such a sound being difficult to find! I have a hum for every TARDIS-related occasion at home (largely thanks to Andrew).

Si.

The hum you sent was ok, Si, but it didn't loop very well. There was a bit popping when it was joined together and a it was a noticable edit. In the end I made my own from another source i had somewhere.

Si xx

Hi ,

Just thought I would copy this form the Gnomes thread...

I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this. It was such fun, it sounded great and the performances were first class.

I have only just listened to the extras today. Well done to Si Hart, they were wonderful. I loved all the interviews. I was quite shocked at how camp my normal speaking voice sounds. Shocking!!! The hidden extra, Consequences was a surprise and a real joy. In fact, I listened to it in my car at lunchtime and genuinely had to wipe some tears before going into the office. Oh, you were very luck Si to secure Vera to host the extras as well!!

I am listening to it all again from the beginning and have just done episode one again. It really is a joy to listen to. Nice clear performances and a real feeling of fun!

I thought the thuds or bangs during Nick and Rob's meal were particularly effective.

Pip Madeley Guest

There was a bit popping when it was joined together
    You could've faded them together to avoid that.

Ah yes, well, I realised that in the end! It's all a learning process isn't it?

Si xx

Pip Madeley Guest

Indeed! We're all on a very steep learning curve, and having lots of fun on the way

Except that Si Hunt. He's a pro you know!

I liked doing Consequences a lot. It was great fun and I think both Dave and I really got into it. I could be wrong but I don't think we had many pick ups during that.

Pip Madeley Guest

I could be wrong but I don't think we had many pick ups during that.
    I didn't know you were a taxi driver?*

*candidate for worst joke of the year at the 2008 Planet Skaro Awards

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    I liked doing Consequences a lot. It was great fun and I think both Dave and I really got into it. I could be wrong but I don't think we had many pick ups during that.
    It's true. There weren't any outtakes of note from Consequences.

Si xx

This was the first of the audios I've listened to (research perhaps?) and thought it was very well made. The only weakness really was that it came so soon (in my case about three hours) after "The Girl Who Never Was" covered very similar Doctor-companion ground.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

I wrote it before I'd heard it. Honest! I'm pleased you enjoyed it though, Lissa. I hope it inspires you to go and check some of the others.

Si xx