Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Flight of The Conchords

Fans of the cult hit Flight of The Conchords (hey, that's me!) will be delighted to note that an album of their classic tracks will be out this year. From the NME's ludicrously large texted news page:

Flight Of The Conchords are set to release a full album this year.

The comedy duo, who became the cult TV hit of last year with their HBO sitcom, will release an album of their songs on acclaimed indie label Sub Pop.

The label previous released the ’The Distant Future EP’ featuring the favourites from the TV show including ’Business Time’, ’If You’re Into It’ and ’Not Crying’.

They have now confirmed the band are doing an album, explaining: “We will be releasing a Flight Of The Conchords full-length recording sometime in early 2008” on the official Sub Pop site.

Meanwhile the pair’s – due to start filming their second series in New York in June – made their first appearance of 2008 appearing at recent technology conference CES.
    Murray's going to be over the moon with this.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Frodo- don't wear the ring!

Excellent news and getting a second series too! Hooray!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Brilliant news, if somewhat inevitable. And on Sub Pop too!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I thought that I was the only person who watched this!!!

I loved FOTC. "If your into it" is a classic!

I'm the hip hop o potomus!
    Last edited by davethesailor; 13th Jan 2008 at 7:36 PM.

We love it here Dave.

Si xx

All you bitches and hoes should know I'm trying to correct this!

Will you please... remove these cutleries... from my knees... Please!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

What happens on Wednesday?

Brett leaves the band.

Si xx

Flight Of The Conchords' new album debuted at Number Three on the US Billboard chart this week, beating out pop star Ashlee Simpson who came in at Number Four.

Flight Of The Conchords sold 52,000 copies of their debut self-titled album this week, while Simpson moved 47,000 copies of 'Bittersweet World'.

The New Zealand musical comedy duo have reportedly set a new record for a Kiwi act, surpassing Crowded House's Number 12 debut in 1986.

The comedy team have really taken off in the US in recent months, scoring a cult hit with their self-titled HBO comedy series, earning the Grammy Award for Best Comedy Album, and drawing a massive crowd to their performance in Los Angeles last week, as previously reported.
    Nobody gets a 90:10 cut! Not even Crowded House!

That'll make Murray very happy!

It's good news. I'm looking forward to the album being released here in a couple of weeks time.

Si xx

Just wanted to say that we're enjoying the new series of Flight of the Conchords on BBC4, Wednesdays 10pm. Murray has had a song, Brett lost his guitar and bought a mug, Germaine has had to become a prostitute. It's degrading!

It was sad about Brett's cup.

Si xx

This week's episode was one of the best yet- the Art Garfunkel cameo was brilliant and a nice pay off to the tribute band storyline. I also loved the fact that the NZ Prime Minister was played like a slightly more powerful Murray! Excellent!

Si xx

They had flight of the Conchords on the flight to New Zealand. I caught a few episodes - they can be wickedly funny, but also that kind of uncomfortable comedy at times.

Ironically since being here I've not caught a single episode.

But I notice their influence, there's a couple of folk buskers (from the local University I think) who are like Conchords tribute bands.

Fave gags from last episode:
    "Don't the New Zealand government have a gun?"
    "Yes, but I think the army is using that."
    "Aw, you have The Matrix?! That's just come out on video in New Zealand!"
    "Brett, are you rehearsing Paul Simon solo numbers?"
    Plus everything involving Mel and the fake Elton Johns.

Is it me, or are Australians always bullies in the programs?

Have you had "Unnatural Love" yet?

"She's sick Jermaine. Sick!"

Si xx

After sheer boredom with NZ TV, I ended up buying series 1 on DVD, and to my absolute surprise my wife quite enjoyed some of it. Supposedly series 2 DVD comes out 8th August.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Still watching series 1 at the moment - Mel is really rather scary isn't she?
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

She's amazing, she even gets her own song in series 2!

I've still got the first series of this on DVD waiting to be watched, I really should get round to it one of these days!

Just watched the episode where a benefit gig for epileptic dogs has gone wrong after they used strobe lighting "we thought they were dancing".

Shouldn't be funny but it is ...

This reminds me of an episode from the second series. NZ Prime Minister meets up with Obama ... or is it?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10599392

NEW YORK - United States President Barack Obama spoke glowingly of New Zealand during two brief meetings with Prime Minister John Key in New York today.

As the 160-plus world leaders attending the United Nations this week jostled for a moment with the new president at his first General Assembly, Mr Key was singled out for two meet and greets. Sources tell NZPA that the New Zealand leader got more attention than many others Mr Obama met.

"He's gone out of his way to make me feel welcome," Mr Key said this evening.

Mr Key and the president met for the first time when Mr Obama approached the prime minister unexpectedly at a lunch hosted by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon.

The pair chatted for two or three minutes.

No more Conchords TV series ...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment...o-season-three

They will be freaky no more.

Kiwi comedy duo Flight of the Conchords have confirmed long-held suspicions by announcing there will be no third season of their acclaimed HBO television show.

In a message posted on the band's official website, Bret McKenzie, Jemaine Clement and their collaborator James Bobin said they had decided against returning for a third season.

"We've noticed the less we say about the future of the show, the more people want to talk about it, so in an effort to reverse this trend we are today announcing that we won't be returning for a third season.

The pair said they were "proud of the two seasons we made and we like the way the show ended".

"We'd like to thank everyone who helped make the show and also everyone who watched it. While the characters Bret and Jemaine will no longer be around, the real Bret and Jemaine will continue to exist."