Wayne Guest

Okey dokey!

Has Pip written that Dalek story yet?

Wayne's always up for more.

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Okey dokey!

Has Pip written that Dalek story yet?
    I started one, but after I'd finished a detailed synopsis, "School Reunion" came along...

I started one, but after I'd finished...
    To the temple with you.

Pip Madeley Guest

That was weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    We've almost finished fiddling around with roles and I'm going to try and send out e-mails about the 12th April recording in the next week or so.

It's been difficult to sort out because we're limited in the number of roles (both stories we're recording are quite small cast, as we've long since learnt not to overburden stories with huge casts) and of course the number of people we can fit in our house at a time! Basically, we want to try out a few new voices as we always do, to make each story different and give other people a go, but because our capacity remains the same that means we can invite less of our older friends. It's gutting because it makes me feel mean for not inviting friends I really want to see. At the same time I hate to make it feel like I'm saying "wait and see who's been chosen" as if you're lucky if you're picked or something... because in actual fact it's the opposite that's true, it's an honour for us if people want to visit and want to record for us.

I'm just being daft I expect, I should be thankful that we have such a great pool of talented performers to choose from with each play, and that we can vary the voices in each one. But I just want to say I hope nobody feels left out if they arn't in this specific recording session, as there's going to be more soon and anyone not in "Heist!" or "The Paradise Machine" we'll be able to give starring roles to then, and do it like that. That way we still get a smattering of new voices in each play, and rotate the experienced people so everyone gets a turn.

I just wish I could invite everyone who's willing to every recording session!

Si.
    Hi Si,

I'm sure we all understand. It just shows what a nice guy you are though that care so much about peoples feelings.

Dave x

Si, we do understand. You have to do the right thing not only for new comers but for the story. There's no point giving a part to someone who's very enthusiastic but not right for the role or the play. You're a caring person, as Dave says, but we're all adults & we'll take the rejection on the chin.

Well, I'll cry in the corner but everyone else will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    Well, I'll cry in the corner but everyone else will be fine.
    I've seen you do that when the red wine runs out, anyway.......

It'll be something similar.

I'd be interested (and hopefully doing an at least slightly better job than before ), but getting to the recording session might be fiddly as I'm not sure how free my weekends look around then.

Ideally, doing a home-recorded bit-part as I did with Prancer would probably work best for me.
    We ride tornadoes. We eat tomatoes.

Ashley, if you're still interested- I may have a small role you can come over and record with us for Heist! as there are a number of small parts for cameos etc.

Just a quick update for you all today. the two scripts have been sent to the cast and we're getting ready for the 12th April recording sessions. The stories looks like being good fun to record and both are small scale, enjoyable and above all fun stories! More news closer to the time!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Hey,

I was just thinking the other day that it would be great fun to be involved in one of these audios. Not that I've ever thought that it wouldn't be fun - just that I hadn't given it a thought until now.

I guess I need to audition for a part. Would a demonstration of my vocal skills down the pub be good enough, or do you need something more concrete?
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Pip Madeley Guest

I don't think you'd need to audition to be in one, everyone's welcome

Ooh a willing volunteer! Grab him!

We'll be recording two further plays this summer Phil, so I'll pencil you in for one of those!

Si.

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Just a quick update for you all today. the two scripts have been sent to the cast and we're getting ready for the 12th April recording sessions. The stories looks like being good fun to record and both are small scale, enjoyable and above all fun stories! More news closer to the time!
    I've got mine, and am trying at the moment to "find my character"/silly voice.

Has Mr Tudor checked his messages today?

Si.

Yay the script looks great Si. Can't wait until the 12th. Going away for Easter weekend and will start practicing.

also really looking forward to seeing evyerone again on th 12th!
    Kathychick

Phil, if you want to involved, but want to try a small role, I still a couple of smallish parts available to play in Heist! You could come to our place and record them! Talk to you about it tonight!

Glad to see Kathy is excited about being in it too. It's a good part for her I reckons!

Si xx

We now have all new popper guards and mike stands to make the recording even more professional. The studio is ready!

Excellent! We'll make sure we bring the other mic with us, so we have a full set of Maplins equipment!

Si xx

The sheilds work beautifully too. I did a little 'polly picked a pick of pickled peppers' test this morning and not one horrid pop!

Si.

Hooray! It'll be great not to have put up with the pops. We're getting very professional!

Si xx

It's all very exciting - but are we going to have to stand up to record everything now? I suppose it all helps the delivery of the lines!

I'm really looking foward to this next recording. Can't wait to see everyone again! I hope there'll be sandwiches...
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Yer lazy git, yes you have to stand up! Though the stands adjust right down, so I suppose you could lower it down and sit on a chair!

I'll be laying on lunch as an incentive for people to get here early! We have a lot to get through this time so lunchtime arrivals would be applauded! I'm also open to requests for home baking!

Si.

Stop Press! The Doctor Who episode we'll all be watching together on the evening of the recording will be Episode 2 - which I believe is "The Fires Of Pompeii"!

Si.