Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Planet Skaro Audios- General Discussion

There will be a recording in April for two new Planet Skaro audio adventures, "Heist!", written by Si Hart and "The Paradise Machine" written by Martin Penny. We've decided to use this recording session to tape two two-parters, rather than the usual single three episode or four episode story, thus giving us more parts to dish out and enabling us to premier a 'mini season' of adventures this summer!

I've decided to organise the recording slightly differently, by finding out who's available for the planned recording date and then to cast from that. The planned date for recording is April, and it will be either the second or third weeks (12th or 19th). The reason it's not an exact date yet is that there are certain performers who we can't do without (the regulars obviously, and a few others who we want for specific roles) and so the exact date will depend on their availability.

But the other parts are up for grabs. So please post to this thread if you think you could make a mid-April recording date, and I'll send you an e-mail nearer the time confirming details. The recording will be in Chez HaRpi in Sawbridgeworth, and include the customary cover photo session, evening 'aparatif' and sleepover.

The roles will still be cast according to who we think are the voices that best suit each character, so please don't be offended if you are available but not cast. There's going to be another recording session later in the year, so plenty of opportunity for audio thesping in 2008!

I appreciate April is a few months away, but please do give a rough indication of if you are likely to be available and, more importantly, if you want and are willing to take part, and we'll mine the positive replies on this thread for our cast!

The audio sessions are always a whole load of fun, and a free CD copy of the story will be sent to all contributors.

Also just a note to say that we are still on the lookout for new writers, as witnessed by these new stories which showcase Martin Penny's first script and Si's first solo adventure (although of course he wrote the PS short story audio "Consequences" last year). If you have an idea for an adventure for the Doctor, with either his faithful companions Nick and Rob or travelling with his new friend Edward Bradley, then feel free to e-mail me!

In the meantime, I hope people are up for the April recording!

Si.

As we discussed Si, the 12th would be best for me, as it's my weekend off. It's not too much of a problem for the 19th but it would mean we wouldn't be arriving until around 3ish on the Saturday.

I'm really looking forward to reading martin's script! And finishing Heist!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

WhiteCrow Guest

I'll probably be free if you need my vocal tallents, which are considerable!

You've never mentioned that before Mike!

Si xx

I'm free in April. And every other month. Damnit, I really need to have some sort of a social life booked in life occasionally. Ahem, anyway, I'd love to take part if there is a suitable role.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I look forward to hearing my script!

I think the 12th or 19th will be okay for me, although I double check when I get a timetable/schedule for Uni in Februrary.

I hesitate to volunteer my services as I've been in all but one of the PS Audios in one way or another, but I'll probably be available for either date and would be happy to take part if you're really scratching around for volunteers.

Pip Madeley Guest

I will be there in my official capacity (which is usually 12 pints) as Creative Designer But Mr Penny has written a character especially for me, so having played relative cameos as pirates, doormen, soap barstewards & young boys, I'll enjoy a meaty role

Pip want's something meaty!! I'm sure someone will supply, Pip.

I'm free for both of those dates at the moment if you want me. I'll pencil them in for now so I don't end up double booked for anything.

Do you have other acting engagements then, Tim?

Oh, my life is full of pressing engagements, but I put P.S above all else.

Thanks to so many people for putting themselves forward! I think we're going to have some really great scripts for you to get your teeth into!

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Will P-Bal be there? We can but hope!

I definitely can't make the 12th, but if you need/want me (delete as applicable) then the 19th should be fine.

I think we're definately going for the 12th I'm afraid Jonno! But there's going to be another recording session later in the year, so we'll give you first refusal on a decent role then!

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Are you absolutely 100% sure it's the 12th then? Cause some of us have to book time off work, things like that

Yes, it'll be the 12th. I've just made an executive decision. It's the 12th!

Si.

I will be free on the 12th. A general lifestyle choice of mine is to accept any part offered regardless of meatiness.........

I like it meaty but at this stage of my life I'll take what I can get!

Hi Guys,

It's probably best to assume that I won't be able to attend. I could be in hospital - also our baby is due early May so Oksana may not be keen on me being away.
    I may be able to e-mail you a cameo - if there are any available.

Thanks guys!

We've almost finished sorting out the parts. Alas we are going to be restricted by the fact we can only put up about ten people (plus ourselves of course) on the day, and also by the number of parts in the two stories, so we won't be able to cast everyone. But rest assured there will be more recording sessions to come in 2008!

Si.

I may be able to e-mail you a cameo - if there are any available.
    I might have an oppotunity for you to cameo in Heist! Andrew... I'll let you know.

Si xx

We've almost finished fiddling around with roles and I'm going to try and send out e-mails about the 12th April recording in the next week or so.

It's been difficult to sort out because we're limited in the number of roles (both stories we're recording are quite small cast, as we've long since learnt not to overburden stories with huge casts) and of course the number of people we can fit in our house at a time! Basically, we want to try out a few new voices as we always do, to make each story different and give other people a go, but because our capacity remains the same that means we can invite less of our older friends. It's gutting because it makes me feel mean for not inviting friends I really want to see. At the same time I hate to make it feel like I'm saying "wait and see who's been chosen" as if you're lucky if you're picked or something... because in actual fact it's the opposite that's true, it's an honour for us if people want to visit and want to record for us.

I'm just being daft I expect, I should be thankful that we have such a great pool of talented performers to choose from with each play, and that we can vary the voices in each one. But I just want to say I hope nobody feels left out if they arn't in this specific recording session, as there's going to be more soon and anyone not in "Heist!" or "The Paradise Machine" we'll be able to give starring roles to then, and do it like that. That way we still get a smattering of new voices in each play, and rotate the experienced people so everyone gets a turn.

I just wish I could invite everyone who's willing to every recording session!

Si.

Wayne Guest

Just to confirm, i'm always happy to help with small parts that i can record at home. But i'm not pushing myself forward in "pick me!" way or anything. Just letting you know in case you ever need an extra voice.

Cheers Wayne, it's handy to know you're always there if we need you. We have a few things in mind, but we'll let you know about them when they come to fruition...

Si.