Thread: 2.2 Sleeper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

...oops, I meant, an actual screenwriter from the programme silly me

Wayne was just being facetious.

Yes, we have a writer on the board. Joseph Lidster has written for Big Finish for their Doctor Who range & Torchwood.

oooh, very nice! Well done Liddy!

Episode 8, eh? Well, I'm eagerly awaiting as well to see it I've also heard some interesting things about it as well, but... *zips up mouth*

Oh, and I like the new Ianto. He finally has a personality. He's become the light relief, which stops anyone else having to do it. Good move IMO.

I thought that Sleeper was really rather dull. The general premise was ok, but I was getting bored after the first 15 minutes of it, and was almost willing it to end. Torchwood are coming across as a right bunch of cowboys now, God help the Earth if they're the best defence its got.

Can we all call Joseph Lidster 'Liddy' now?

Si.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Awful Tosh!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

By the way, where did Ianto's joke about "Hello? See? ALL the phones are dead!" come from..it reminds me of something I've seen before.....?
    I know what you mean Terry. I don't think its been lifted directly from anything specific but its a style thats quite reminisent of John Cleese or something a bit Blackadder-y.

WhiteCrow Guest

I watched this over the weekend. Now although I wouldn't say this is cutting a new swathe in original TV drama, it was another good episode.

I think the last two episodes have delivered what we originally expected from Torchwood but never really got.

In particular I think last seasons Cyberwoman should have had some of these themes running through it - the woman having to make a painful choice between dying as a human or living as a mechanised killing machine.

I have to say Gwen's earnestness I find a very dull aspect of Torchwood, she's just so incredibly preachy. I thought with all the other characters having been kind of mellowed back, this aspect would be dumbed down this season - alas not ...

I've just seen it. It was great, I thought.

Finally Ianto has a personality!!! I liked the comedic input in this episode from Ianto and Owen.

Overall, Torchwood series 2 is off to a great start

This was bloody good. Thoroughly enjoyable show. Unusual angle and plot.
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge