Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

After many emails apologising for the delay as it was out of stock, the Dangerman set that I ordered from The Hut on January 13th arrived this morning.
    I think they expected many customers to cancel after making the cock up of charging £16.93 for a £69.99 boxset. But patience rewarded, £16.93 it was. and well worth it, I haven't seen the show since the early days of Bravo, and I've just dumped 6 VHS tapes of it.
    Now to look around EBay for the boxset of the half hour series,

Planet of Evil DVD is £8.99 at CD-Wow! As I don't have an account with them, and I've still got half of KTT to do yet, I'll wait a bit and see if my regular etailers start to match them.

John Barrowman's brand new showbiz autobiography is £6.99 in The Works. All the glamour for almost a third of the price. Enough to make anyone smile far too much.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

I got mine yesterday. You have to ask for it from behind the counter to add to the humiliation.

You make it sound like the Fry and Laurie sketch.

Hugh: I'D LIKE EIGHT PACKETS OF CONDOMS PLEASE.

Stephen: Eight?

Hugh: I'LL HAVE FOUR OF THE FEATHER LIGHT, THREE RIBBED, (mutters) the new single by Jason Donovan, AND ONE MULTI-COLOURED PACK OF FIESTAS.

Stephen: Jason Donovan?

Hugh: God (runs out of shop in shame).
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Pip Madeley Guest

HMV.com Offers of the Week:

Away From Her - RRP: £15.99 Now: £4.99

Jane Austen Collection - RRP: £39.99 Now: £9.99

ER Season 8 - RRP: £44.99 Now: £9.99

James Blunt - All The Lost Souls - RRP: £16.99 Now: £5.99

David Jordan - Set The Mood - RRP: £17.99 Now: £6.99

Nickelback - All the Right Reasons - RRP: £14.99 Now: £6.99

It's a huge Doctor Who eBay bargain:

Good luck selling this lot

I've never seen any 'whole collection' sell. People just can't justify spending so much in one go.

That moron has no idea about using Ebay whatsoever!

For a start, you don't set your starting price at £1500! Not only does that gift Ebay a huge listing fee, but the whole point of auctions is to get people to bid low and keep bidding. No-one is going to spend that on a redundant format anyway.

Plus "too big to photograph"?!? Can't he stand further away or take a couple of snaps? I think it's worth photographing a CD, let alone expecting anyone to shell out two grand for something they can't see!!

And above all else, as Tim points out, "complete collections" don't sell. It's a vicious circle - any fan big enough to want to spend £1500 is going to have most of them already.

What an idiot!

Si.

Wayne Guest

He'll be bloody lucky!

I notice his only feedback in last 12 months is one neutral.

Pip Madeley Guest

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    It's a huge Doctor Who eBay bargain:

He's gone down to a mere grand!

That's still over priced. Some of those videos can be picked up @ 99p & some are over £20, even if they evened out @£5.00 each (which I doubt they would) that'd still only be £850.
    He's never ever going to sell them at that price. (Unless a shop wants them to sell for £9 each).

Destiny Of The Daleks is a snip at £24.99 on VHS in The Stamp Centre at the moment.

Pip Madeley Guest

I wonder if this guy is the same guy who runs Paramount Books on Shudehill in Manchester City Centre, who tries to sell Pyramids Of Mars, The Three Doctors and The Robots of Death (and all the other stories available on DVD) for £34.99 each.

You know, I might be responsible for him. It used to be quite reasonable in there in the 90s. Then, one lazy summer's afternoon (maybe), he randomly asked me if there was a price guide to Doctor Who merchandise. I mentioned David "J" Howe's book and he said he'd try and get it. He then asked how much Doctor Who videos are worth and I might've suggested some were worth thirty or forty quid. He obviously never got the book and heard what he wanted to hear.

#dammitbrent

Pip Madeley Guest

It was a great little shop when the previous owner was there, I got 'The Invasion' from him for what was then in those pre-DVD days a very reasonable £18. I went in a few months back and there must've been hundreds. I actually mentioned to him that "The Three Doctors" was on DVD for about a quarter of the price of the video he was selling... he didn't answer.

Pip Madeley Guest

Someone's a Dallas fan on here, I think Steve Morgan...

Dallas: Season 7 (5 discs) - £9.99 delivered @ HMV.com (affiliated!)

Previous seasons are also £9.99.

The Tomorrow People: Series One - £3.89 delivered @ Sendit
    available on order, but worth a go nevertheless

UFO: Series 1 Part 2 (4 discs) - £6.99 delivered @ HMV.com (affiliated!)

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Someone's a Dallas fan on here, I think Steve Morgan...

Previous seasons are also £9.99.
    You are indeed correct sir. I do however have that particular set, I bought it in one of HMV's previous offers @ £19.99. The one I'm currently waiting for is season 8, out yesterday I think. The cheapest online price I can find for that one atm is Choices Direct @ £24.99. It can wait a week or two, I currently have a long list of wants, and also want to go to Gloucester in April for another one of Tenth Planet's gatherings.

Pip Madeley Guest

Get yourselves down to Sainsburys - they're knocking out the Flight Control TARDIS for just £3.75. Insanely cheap for this excellent model TARDIS.

Meanwhile, ASDA are doing several Who DVDs for just £6.83, including many of the classic series DVDs, series three vanillas and the Sarah pilot.

Please click HERE to visit via our affiliated link!

A Touch Of Frost: Series 6-12 (14 discs) - £17.99 delivered @ HMV (affiliated!)

Hot Fuzz: Special Edition (2 discs) - £4.73 delivered @ The Hut (affiliated!)

I seem to have accidentally bought that UFO Box set.

Pip Madeley Guest

Be more careful in future.

Series one & two of AGATHA CHRISTIE Marple for £12.99 at HMV.

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayP...T.mc_id=101469

Which is cheaper than buying either series on its own from any online store. This is the second sign of the apocalypse I tell you.

The Sittaford Mystery is particularly good (until the last two minutes). Zoe Telford is in it.

#dammitbrent

Series three is forever delayed, not least because they haven't finished showing it and Fresh Fields woman has started filming new ones.

Jane Asher delights with a big hat in one of them.