Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

There's an article on the Radio Times cover party in the new issue, and, unsurprisingly, Doctor Who features quite prominently - there's pictures of a Cyberman strangling Carol Vorderman and Ian Beale, plus RTD, Phil Collinson, Julie Gardner and Lis Sladen posing with some (but not all) of last year's many Who-related covers. Oh, and there's a nice, big advert for the 'New Beginnings' box ser, too.

I wonder how many covers the show will get this year? And will Torchwood and even Sarah Jane Adventures get similar treatment?

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tudor View Post
    I wonder how many covers the show will get this year? And will Torchwood and even Sarah Jane Adventures get similar treatment?
    Why not set up the (now) annual poll, Dave?

Good idea, but Jonno did the last one, so I shall leave that honour to him.

I commend the Cyberstrangulation of Ian Beale to the House.

As the new series approaches, so the 'Doctor Who' links on the cover of 'Radio Times', however tenuous, increase: last week, the series was mentioned on the cover (there may have also been other links, if some of the latest rumours are to be believed......), while this week, one-time comedienne and former companion Catherine Tate (looking quite foxy, I have to say) adorns the front of the magazine.

Next week, it looks like Tennant could be on the cover - it's some sort of subliminal publicity, if you ask me!

I was going to mention the Tate/Tennant double-bill, but you beat me to it!

Looks like our show will be dominating the 2007 Covers Awards Party thingie in the new year once again!

I'm looking forward to the Doctor Who cover and supplement thingy in a few weeks.

Billie Piper gets on the cover again of the new issue, and Life On Mars fans who enjoyed a certain trailer prior to the new series will love the behind the scenes feature...

Plus - with no mention of Who in the "next week" column, we know for sure it's definitely not on on the 24th.

The RT website this morning has the new series showing as 7.55-8.40pm on the 31st, with Confidential running 7.45-8.25pm on BBC3. No doubt this will be modified to 7pm soon on BBC1 (it currently has a block of TBA from 6.10-7.55). It's getting here!

I like the idea of 40 minute Confidentials - 3 of them will fit nicely on one disc.

Some clown didn't check this thread earlier today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno Simmons View Post
    The RT website this morning has the new series showing as 7.55-8.40pm on the 31st, with Confidential running 7.45-8.25pm on BBC3. No doubt this will be modified to 7pm soon on BBC1 (it currently has a block of TBA from 6.10-7.55). It's getting here!

I like the idea of 40 minute Confidentials - 3 of them will fit nicely on one disc.

just had a look at the RT web site and it has been updated it now has "To B Announced" from 6pm to 8pm..

The Radio Times site has Totally Doctor Who listed for Monday 2nd April @ 5pm:

Quote Originally Posted by Radio Times.com
    Totally Doctor Who
    5:00pm - 5:25pm
    BBC1
    VIDEO Plus+: 5928208
    Subtitles, widescreen

Barney Harwood and Kirsten O'Brien look at everything Doctor Who with exclusive behind-the-scenes clips, a weekly competition called Team Totally, and the first episode of an exclusive Doctor Who animation. Plus, a chat with the Doctor's new companion, Freema Agyeman and her on-screen brother Reggie Yates, and explosions and special effects are recreated in the studio.

Pip Madeley Guest

I gave up on the last series after about five episodes, and I prob won't get to see this series either cause they get me to work 5pm shifts at work, unless I'm bothered to set the timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post
    I gave up on the last series after about five episodes, and I prob won't get to see this series either cause they get me to work 5pm shifts at work, unless I'm bothered to set the timer.

-personaly i'm a little to old to be watching it..

What's the point of being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes?

I managed to see a few of last series, and in a way I'm surprised there's a second one - it seemed to run out of steam towards the end; the Cybermen vs. Dalek/Paul Kasey vs. The Briggster feature in the last programme seemed to smack of desperation. Most of the things that could be said, have been, in other words.

But Kirsten is presenting it this year. More chance of a thong shot!

Oh well in that case yes please!

From OG:

The new edition of Radio Times - issue dated 24-30 March - has joined the countdown to the start of Series Three with a column entitled "All New Who" in its weekly "Behind The Scenes" feature.

It lists what readers can expect to come in the publication, among which will be a guide by Russell T Davies to every episode of the new series, and includes quotes from David Tennant, Freema Agyeman and Phil Collinson.

Tennant says: "Each script that comes in just seems to be bigger than the last - that's what has kept it so exciting. The scale is bigger, the locations are more extraordinary."

Agyeman tells of the pressure of the show, saying: "I've been filming since August and it's crazy. Every time I think I've got it under control, something else comes up - so I'm not taking anything for granted!"

And Collinson talks of the pressure of thinking up new monsters. "This year there's probably a bigger selection - we've gone a bit more monster-y," he says.

The Doctor Who special edition of The Weakest Link is one of the RT Choices for March 30, while the "Next week in RT" strap at the back of the listings magazine carries a picture of Tennant and Agyeman and trumpets the publication's 14-page preview of the new series that will be included.

The Radio Times covering the first episode of Series Three, ie, issue dated 31 March to 6 April, should reveal the titles of episodes three, five and 13 - the last remaining unknown ones
    Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

The Doctor and Martha Radio Times covers are up on Freema Agyeman.com.

Tennant looks soooo blah, blah, blah, spurt, spurt...
    Martha is blah, blah, blah, w*nk, spurt...

another Radio Times front cover for Doctor Who, how manys that now for the new series..

Pip Madeley Guest

The Doctor and Martha Radio Times covers are up on Freema Agyeman.com.
    They're on the official BBC website now.

Click here to see both covers!
    Last edited by Pip Madeley; 26th Mar 2007 at 9:06 PM. Reason: James is right, hell might break loose cause of the Judoon pic :-p

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    another Radio Times front cover for Doctor Who, how manys that now for the new series..
    Too bloody many. That's five Who front covers for the last three stories, isn't it? Six if you count that Billie Piper one during 'Army of Ghosts'.

Do you think they'll do a Vote Saxon!/Labour Leadership Election cover in June?*

* that's if there's a vacancy by the end of May.
    Last edited by Milky Tears; 26th Mar 2007 at 6:52 PM. Reason: Damn you, Madeley! Must've been only seconds in it this time. That's a Judoon Facial Spoiler On The RT Cover, By The Way.

Bit of a con this time IMO on the two covers - they're hardly different. I didn't mind buying the Daleks and Cybermen covers for the World Cup last year, but I'll only be buying one of these.

Pip Madeley Guest

Well, you have to remember that it's usually only the hardcore fans who will buy both. It's not a massive difference between the two, but they are different photos of Doctor/Martha/Judoon and of course the Earth/Moon...

Just on a different matter, how can the Judoon face be considered a spoiler when it's been seen onscreen on various trailers dating back as long as 3 months ago yesterday IIRC?